Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: EVIL-LYN IN APRIL! (Don't post illegal ToyFare scans! Mattel should post images soon)

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't commented on the news yet but am REALLY EXCITED to see what we're getting. Evil Lyn is one of my faves like I know she is for many here. As for versions, I liked both toys released previously. As for my personal preference, I hope they keep each version distinct enough that there is more than coloring that separates their look when they are released. For the first release I want a Teela repaint with short want that glows in the dark, with a pack in screech, 200X inspired dagger and a removable cape (if it can be done well without detracting from her capeless form). I'd like the dark/light blue scheme for the outfit and for the skin I want a pale butter cream color. I also think it would be awesome if the wand was like the cardback, which was way shorter than the original toy. The re-release, I'd love to see an articulated version of the 200X Evil Lyn with long staff, the crystal necklace from the staction, extra head, and ramstone. Then, I know no bounds when it comes to her, I'd want a third Evil Lyn as a Teela repaint in the Filmation color scheme. She could support it, I mean she's like Wolverine to MOTU. I think it would be awesome if they released both the classic and 200X versions at the same time in April. That way you get the one you like if you prefer one over the other, for me though I'll just be really broke cuz I want both!

I think the Ram stone should come with The Faceless One, but it is definately a great accessory which we should get. I'd love to get as many artifacts from Eternia as possible. I love the Grayskull key from Scare Glow. Little accessories make me happy in a nerdy way. (I'm a recovering avid Star Wars collector, gone casual now. Other SW collectors will understand the attraction of blue-milk cartons, cups, medals, hydrospanners, and, very soon, ice-cream makers.)

I would love to see the 200X version come with the Shard of Darkness, as the Staction did.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Ok, Dont get me wrong guys, I REALLY want the 'Yellow' version, but if the 4H and mattel decided to release 'Purple' Lyn first, so as to capitalise on the funds to make unique molds for armor, extra head etc. and then release Yellow lyn as bonus a month or so after.

would you mind? Would you accept 200X Lyn first, so that when the Vintage version surfaces she is really well done.

I for one would welcome the 200X version, if it meant she had unique sculpting and accessories that the 'Yellow' Version will benefit from.

just curious A
    I really would not mind if we get 200x Lyn first.Lyn's 200x redesign was great and thats coming from someone with an extreme distaste for the anime influence.I think she will look even better now sansing that influence.

TG also said that all bonus figures will be those characters that require little tooling like 80's Evil Lyn who is a simple Teela repaint with new head.I would prefer yellow lyn first but should 200x Lyn come its okay as long as 80's Lyn is not too far away.

I do have to say I hope the Horsemen do a little something for 80's Lyn since the Goddess will already be sporting the Teela outfit repaint.

I do really really hope the horsmen gave her a new spell casting left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why Toyguru tries to drum up all of this excitement as if it WON'T be the Classic version.

There would be rioting in the streets if we got the 200X version first.
    MGM you never know,she will debut in December and thats a good month for miracles.

I miss CapitolZero.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I think the Ram stone should come with The Faceless One, but it is definately a great accessory which we should get. I'd love to get as many artifacts from Eternia as possible. I love the Grayskull key from Scare Glow. Little accessories make me happy in a nerdy way. (I'm a recovering avid Star Wars collector, gone casual now. Other SW collectors will understand the attraction of blue-milk cartons, cups, medals, hydrospanners, and, very soon, ice-cream makers.)

I would love to see the 200X version come with the Shard of Darkness, as the Staction did.
    I love all the little acessories too,they are just so freakin fun.I am hoping we get Marzo's Amulet,Shard of Darkness,Spell of Seperation artifacts,Diamond Ray,King hiss's Serpos Relic that turned the heroic warrriors into snakemen,Orko's Amulet,Coridite Crystal,King Grayskull's sword case and anything else I may have left out.They won't do much but they would be fun to have.

Classic & 200X fan
    I miss CapitolZero.

big geek

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    that's still a long wait. hope they come out with two versions of Evil Lyn.
    how much would Battle Cat cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    how much would Battle Cat cost?
    He's going to be $30, plus shipping costs.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    He's going to be $30, plus shipping costs.
    Which scares me a lil, cos if hes as gloriously solid as he looked at SDCC hes gonna weigh a bit! Im in Australia, so postage costs are a BIG concern!

**This is my 1001st Post!**
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Whatever.

What is wrong with drumming up excitement? Would you rather have no announcement? And I, as well as many, hope we get the non-yellow version.
    An announcement is fine. Plenty of people would have been happy that the yellow Teela repaint was coming. I would be thrilled if she looked like her 200X incarnation.

False hope for 200X fans to get a 200X Evil-Lyn isn't fine. All that does is fire up more versus threads and disappoints people once they see a Classic style Lyn.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 22, 2009 at 09:43am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

An announcement is fine. Plenty of people would have been happy that the yellow Teela repaint was coming. I would be thrilled if she looked like her 200X incarnation.

False hope for 200X fans to get a 200X Evil-Lyn isn't fine. All that does is fire up more versus threads and disappoints people once they see a Classic style Lyn.
    I am not trashing you or looking for a fight, but why do you contribute so much to this site(you seem to be the person that posts most of the Facebook news) when MOTUC's style is so disappointing to you. If I disliked MOTUC, I would have either bailed from the site until a better version of MOTU came out, or I would only post every once in awhile at most. That's how I am with HissTank.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I am not trashing you or looking for a fight, but why do you contribute so much to this site(you seem to be the person that posts most of the Facebook news) when MOTUC's style is so disappointing to you. If I disliked MOTUC, I would have either bailed from the site until a better version of MOTU came out, or I would only post every once in awhile at most. That's how I am with HissTank.
    Oh, it's okay. It's an understandable question...

Defending 200X and debating with Hardcore Vintage fans doesn't mean I hate MOTUC at all. I like MOTU period. Although I like 200X best with the Pre-Filmation era coming second, I like all of the eras. I wouldn't be collecting all of the Classics figures or posting so much news if I didn't like it all. While I do like the MOTUC stuff, I like most of 200X's ideas a whole lot better and wish that those versions had MOTUC figures of their own, along with the Classic figures like NA or POP, not replacing them. So for me, it'll never be as good as it could be. Good, but not great. B+ or even A-, but not A+...so far.

Evil Lyn looked great in 200x!
    I hope they make the two versions of her 200x and vintage.
    Altough I prefer the 200x version, she looks more menacing.

Oh, it's okay. It's an understandable question...

Defending 200X and debating with Hardcore Vintage fans doesn't mean I hate MOTUC at all. I like MOTU period. Although I like 200X best with the Pre-Filmation era coming second, I like all of the eras. I wouldn't be collecting all of the Classics figures or posting so much news if I didn't like it all. While I do like the MOTUC stuff, I like most of 200X's ideas a whole lot better and wish that those versions had MOTUC figures of their own, along with the Classic figures like NA or POP, not replacing them. So for me, it'll never be as good as it could be. Good, but not great. B+ or even A-, but not A+...so far.
    Thanks for answering! I've always wondered that but was afraid to ask without seeming like I was passive aggressively looking for trouble.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Thanks for answering! I've always wondered that but was afraid to ask without seeming like I was passive aggressively looking for trouble.
    It's cool. I'm always happy to explain myself.

You know what would be funny? If April is indeed Evil-Lyn, but the subscription figure is classic look, and the BONUS figure is Evil-Lyn again, but in her 2002 look! (Or vice versa, of course). Would be an interesting twist!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Alexx, I have to say that, while it probably wouldn't be a popular choice, I would be cool with this. Of course, I plan on getting at least one of everything, so...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    You know what would be funny? If April is indeed Evil-Lyn, but the subscription figure is classic look, and the BONUS figure is Evil-Lyn again, but in her 2002 look! (Or vice versa, of course). Would be an interesting twist!
    You are a sad twisted individual, that is a very sadistic thing to say.
    Hilarious but,sadistic.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by artodron View Post
    You are a sad twisted individual, that is a very sadistic thing to say.
    lol, why? I've been kind of hoping they would do that to be honest, that would be cool.

Court Magician
    I personally don't have a side on the classic or 200X debate, so I just go on a case by case basis. For example, Zodac, eh. Zodak, awesome. But of all the ones released so far that's the only one I have a definite preference on, although I wish they would update He-Man's haircut a bit. This is the only character I find myself seriously hoping for the 200X version of since they launched MOUC, I just find, the pale, darker color combo to be much more sinister looking. Put me down for 200X Evil-Lyn.

Heroic Warrior
    Coolness.

Hoping for a "classic" yellow/blue Evil-Lynn, but if that isn't the version released in April 2010, I'm sure a re-paint in those colours will show up eventually.

Cheers.

I have a bad feeling, that I hope is wrong. I'm thinking that Matty will release the 200x version first, knowing that she wouldn't sell as well as the classics colored version as a first run. Then they'll re-issue her classics colors, the one that most people want, and get more of the 200x version sold by putting her out first.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but I don't think so.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is how I think MOTUC Evil Lyn is gonna look like.

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

That would be really cool, Mike! All I'm hoping is that she's not just a Teela repaint with a new head; the colors don't matter to much too much (well...so long as they make it that shade of yellow, if they go with that skin color). That's a great mix of both versions!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Court Magician
    Maybe they'll surprise everyone and release the Filmation style Evil-Lyn first! haha...that would throw a real curveball to everyone.

Mike Bock that Evil-lyn is really nice. I think I would be very happy with a nice figure like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    lol, why? I've been kind of hoping they would do that to be honest, that would be cool.
    Mostly jest.
    I really would like both versions of Evil-lyn, I really don't think Alexx is a sad twisted individual
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    This is how I think MOTUC Evil Lyn is gonna look like.
    I'd buy that for sure!