Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matty Q & A Round-up for November 16

Hybrid View

Matty Q & A Round-up for November 16

2) What are the chances of Mattel adopting a resalable kind of packaging for the MOTUC line so collectors don't need to ruin the awesome package art to get to their even more awesome figures?

This is something I have looked into, but no, the packaging will not be resealable in the near future.
    http://pendragonspost.blogspot.com/2...ty-111609.html

2.) PrfktTear asks: Whenever Evil-Lyn is made for MOTUC, will she have her Classic yellow skin/blue armor? Will she be available as a bonus with the 2002 white skin/purple armor?

It is too early for me to comment on any unannounced figures, but I can tell you our long term plan is to do multiple versions of main characters, especially if they had two distinct looks like Evil-Lyn does.

4.) Thomas B asks: It was expressed by ToyGuru on the He-Man.org board that the bonus figures sales need to “pick up steam”, which seems odd, since a sell-out is a sell-out and this contradicts what has been said previously about Mattel’s desire to have the figures available for 2-3 weeks. So my question is, if future bonus figure sales are the same as Zodak’s, will that be satisfactory?

If future bonus figures sell as well as Zodak we will continue the program.
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/11/as...-november.html

The Fwoosh

1. The side-to-side rocker ankles on MOTUC Teela look perfect. Can we get those on some DCUC figures?

When appropriate and workable, yes.

4. We know that MOTUC takes most of its stylistic cues from the classic 80s line, but what about Mantenna? If/when you get around to doing him for the line, would his four legs be connected two by two like the old figure, or all for individual like he has been portrayed in the 200x and She-Ra cartoons?

It’s too early to tell, but likely I’ll try to go for 4 legs since he would need new legs anyway to show the “2 combined legs” like the vintage figure had. I might also give him two heads, one with eyes up, one with eyes down.
    MegaGearMax Additions

Kastor's Korner

Kastor: The 80's Evil Lyn was a repaint of Teela with a new head. With the new line are you looking to give her an original sculpt or will she have the same treatment as her 80's version?

Matty: I can’t comment on unannounced figures, but the long term plan is to do multiple version of Evil Lyn. (Editors note: This was asked before she was announced last night as the April 2010 figure)
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 16, 2009 at 07:57pm.

That's good news regarding the Bonus figures. I think we'll be pleased. (I hope!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Hopefully they mean within the same 2 week period or so, as I think Green Goddess will sell a little slower than Zodak.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow...the Q&As are out so soon? I was expecting 3-ish...

That's awesome about the multiple versions. I've always hoped that once MOTUC had exhausted it's major characters, that they would need to use the 200X versions to keep the line going.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow...the Q&As are out so soon? I was expecting 3-ish...

That's awesome about the multiple versions. I've always hoped that once MOTUC had exhausted it's major characters, that they would need to use the 200X versions to keep the line going.
    I was beginning to wonder if you were around. hehe You should take over. You're way better at organizing/collecting these than I am.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    A propos of nothing, I really hate when Matty speaks in the first person. Because the answers are really coming from the paper-mache head, right?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I was beginning to wonder if you were around. hehe You should take over. You're way better at organizing/collecting these than I am.
    It's been one of those days.

You're doing good! I'll help out and when I have a bunch of Q&A's I'll post them onto the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    A propos of nothing, I really hate when Matty speaks in the first person. Because the answers are really coming from the paper-mache head, right?
    Good...I thought it was just me.

If future bonus figures sell as well as Zodak we will continue the program.
    Told you guys not to worry, and to think the other Bonus figures are much better than Zodak
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

That New Toy Smell

6) Is there any idea on whether or not we will see a MOTUC 2-Pack or army builder pack this coming year, 2010?

It is too early to make that call. We need to see how other bonus figures and Battlecat perform before announcing anything else beyond basic figures per month.

7) Will future females in the MOTUC suffer from the same fragile neck peg? Swapping heads is a tad scary.

The joint is actually very sturdy. Until we hear of actual breaking, we do not want to use a larger peg as that would limit articulation. If this actually becomes a problem we will make needed changes.

8) Will future female figures in MOTUC have softer or maybe even rubberized clothing/dresses? The lack of waist articulation and inability to sit down is a bit dissapointing for some fans.

Yes, we actually do want a softer plastic used going forward.

9) Will the New Adventures figures have the same build as the current figures, or will they be more of a more realistic build like the original line?

Yes, all the figures in the Classics line will have the same scale and basic look.
    For crossover fans...

3) Is there any chance of bringing back the Bravestarr line as a MattyCollector Exclusive?

Not at this time. But don't cout out some other vintage Mattel lines...
    Kastor's Korner

Kastor: The 80's Evil Lyn was a repaint of Teela with a new head. With the new line are you looking to give her an original sculpt or will she have the same treatment as her 80's version?

Matty: I can’t comment on unannounced figures, but the long term plan is to do multiple version of Evil Lyn. (Editors note: This was asked before she was announced last night as the April 2010 figure)
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 16, 2009 at 03:08pm.

As long as they keep any cross over stuff out of the subscription line then I'll be happy, because I definitely won't want to buy it.

Great news on the bonus figures!! I'm sure they'll do as good if not better than Zodak!

I'm also stoked to hear about multiple versions of Evil Lyn and other main characters! I really hope I can get a 200x Sorceress!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

But don't cout out some other vintage Mattel lines...
    I smell Blackstar What a easy "repaint" he would be.

MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Will the New Adventures figures have the same build as the current figures, or will they be more of a more realistic build like the original line?

Yes, all the figures in the Classics line will have the same scale and basic look

Another reason people should be more open to NA, the original NA line had a somewhat distorted look in comparison to the classic. Now that they will all be uniform in size it should help the figures and character designs.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is too early for me to comment on any unannounced figures, but I can tell you our long term plan is to do multiple versions of main characters, especially if they had two distinct looks like Evil-Lyn does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Such great news. Justice!
    *wonders if this will apply to She-Ra*

A big fan of Slush Head
    Hmmmm with this 200x fans might get a 200x Sorceress.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Word. This really shows that they are listening to the threads.

And a 200X Adam, since opinion is so sharply divided over if Adam should be look like He-Man with clothes or if he should look different from He-Man.

Fans debate about which version of Evil-Lyn too. Her every thread features the skin color/costume debate.

*wonders if this will apply to She-Ra*
    Is the world ready for a Skeletor Armor She-Ra?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Word. This really shows that they are listening to the threads.

And a 200X Adam, since opinion is so sharply divided over if Adam should be look like He-Man with clothes or if he should look different from He-Man.

Fans debate about which version of Evil-Lyn too. Her every thread features the skin color/costume debate.

This is great, I am really happy they are listening. I am one that would buy a 200x Adam but I want to have the 80's Adam first.
    And this is good, we can have several timeliness in the collection.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Nice; I guess that answers the question as to whether or not Evil Lyn will be 200X or Classic: It doesn't matter since it looks like both versions will be released eventually.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Hope so hope so hope so!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I can already see the NA figures being some of the best of the entire MOTUC, and I am not really a fan of NA. The designs already look pretty good so with 4H involvement they will be awesome

The fragile neck issue is a bit of a problem. They would find out sooner but I doubt people are really going to risk messing around with the figure too much. If it did break then how the hell is it going to be replaced?

4) You have stated in the past that all MOTUC figures you produce will have the classic look incorporated into their design regardless if they are original or 200X characters. Would you still however, consider making Evolutions of MOTUC packs which would consist of the same character in their original and 200X look?

No, I have no plans to do any 200X styled version of figures in the Classics line. I will do 200X characters (like King Grayskull and Zodak) but they will all be in the Classics style.
    Am I missing something or is this contradicting a previous ToyGuru answer where he said we'll be getting different looks for the same character?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Am I missing something or is this contradicting a previous ToyGuru answer where he said we'll be getting different looks for the same character?
    Don't mix up look and style. We might get multiple versions of characters in their 200X look (i.e. colors), but they will still be in the classics style.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    Don't mix up look and style. We might get multiple versions of characters in their 200X look (i.e. colors), but they will still be in the classics style.

Then why are 2002 fans so happy? I highly doubt it was the few color changes that made them like the 2002 era so much, it was the sculpts.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

LOL! We wouldn't want the 2002 fans to be happy... Sorry, couldn't help it.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Then why are 2002 fans so happy? I highly doubt it was the few color changes that made them like the 2002 era so much, it was the sculpts.
    Personally I like both the classic style and 2002 versions of various characters. I'm not alone. What they are doing by bringing everything together under a classic-styled theme--is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the line.