Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matty Q & A Round-up for November 16

Hmm, characters with 2 distinct looks will have multiple figures?

Well, then, potentially we could get doubles of:

Evil-Lyn (obviously)

Prince Adam

The Sorceress

Teela (the warrior Teela from the mini-comics, with the long blonde hair and different armor)

King Randor (200X version - PLEASE)

She-Ra (style-guide/Filmation-esque/200X & vintage toy)

Catra (style-guide/Filmation-esque & vintage toy)

Angella (style-guide/Filmation-esque & vintage toy)

Clawful?

Whiplash?

Queen Marlena

Entrapta (style-guide/Filmation-esque & vintage toy)

Castaspella (style-guide/Filmation-esque & vintage toy)

Perfuma (maybe)

I think characters like Bow & Fisto could just come with two heads to satisfy the variants in each case.

And as far as other vintage Mattel lines showing up as cross-overs...

What lines? The lines that would make sense all belong to other companies: Thundercats, Power Lords, Blackstar, Sectaurs, Golden Girl

I can't think of anything besides Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors (which I wouldn't care for)...

OH!!! WAIT!!!

Captain Power!!!! I LOVED those and had ALL of them... some very cool characters in that line.

Captain Power could TOTALLY be a crossover with the New Adventures plot.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 16, 2009 at 05:10pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    200X Alternate Outfits
    MOTUC in 200X clothing, done Classics style. These are if they were done in the 80's, only they look like the 200X designs, Zodak style (but less of a kitbash and more of a real effort).

200X He-Man and Battle Cat is when Adam was running around with the 200X Sword. Repaint the Classic He-Man, give him a new head and armor and maybe give him a pouch. 200X Battle Cat just has a Sabretoothed Tiger head and 200X armor (I'll take the guns off).

200X MAA is Man-At-Arms in a new Battle Suit buck that Lay-Z Man was talking about way back. It could be Battle Armor Man-At-Arms, only he has 200X centric items like his unmasked head BFG arm cannon or Battle Glove.

200X Evil-Lyn could be Evil-Lyn trying out a new look with her magic. Toyguru explained that The Sorceress can appear however she wants too. Why not Evil-Lyn?

200X Teela is a new head basically.

200X Prince Adam could either be a younger Adam when he was running around with the techno sword (whereas the Classic version is Adam now) OR possibly a less muscular, but same size as the other figures (i.e, more slender, but not a kid).

200X King Randor and 200X Queen Marlena. While the Classic versions can be the armored versions, the 200X versions can be the more diplomatic versions. When we get the Filmation rights, that can be a third version.

200X Skeletor could be Skeletor when he first merged with Demo-Man, only thing Keldor became more dominant over Demo-Man's influence over time looking more like the Classic version.

200X King Hiss could be another skin from Ancient times. Maybe they could do his Bruce Timm maskless mini-comic look too.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 16, 2009 at 05:39pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Mattel never had Blackstar Galoob did...
    Uuuh.. my mistake..
    Last edited by Tuukka; November 17, 2009 at 02:04am.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    These are interesting answers, but I can't wait to see the answers to OUR questions. Any idea how long until we see the responses to round 27?
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X Alternate Outfits
    MOTUC in 200X clothing, done Classics style. These are if they were done in the 80's, only they look like the 200X designs, Zodak style (but less of a kitbash and more of a real effort).

200X He-Man and Battle Cat is when Adam was running around with the 200X Sword. Repaint the Classic He-Man, give him a new head and armor and maybe give him a pouch. 200X Battle Cat just has a Sabretoothed Tiger head and 200X armor (I'll take the guns off).

200X MAA is Man-At-Arms in a new Battle Suit buck that Lay-Z Man was talking about way back. It could be Battle Armor Man-At-Arms, only he has 200X centric items like his unmasked head BFG arm cannon or Battle Glove.

200X Evil-Lyn could be Evil-Lyn trying out a new look with her magic. Toyguru explained that The Sorceress can appear however she wants too. Why not Evil-Lyn?

200X Teela is a new head basically.

200X Prince Adam could either be a younger Adam when he was running around with the techno sword (whereas the Classic version is Adam now) OR possibly a less muscular, but same size as the other figures (i.e, more slender, but not a kid).

200X King Randor and 200X Queen Marlena. While the Classic versions can be the armored versions, the 200X versions can be the more diplomatic versions. When we get the Filmation rights, that can be a third version.

200X Skeletor could be Skeletor when he first merged with Demo-Man, only thing Keldor became more dominant over Demo-Man's influence over time looking more like the Classic version.

200X King Hiss could be another skin from Ancient times. Maybe they could do his Bruce Timm maskless mini-comic look too.
    Most of these 200X would be cool, but it would contradict what Toyguru has said that there is not going to be 200X in Classics, that actually the figures are going to be a mixture of all MOTU eras, like it has been with Hordak.
    Zodak was quite an exception since they generated him as a new character, but even though I'd want to have both yellow and pale Evil-Lynn, I hope that they came up with an accurate story and not something like: "Evil-Lynn skin turned yellow when she was bound to Desponda, a saffron she-demon summoned by Skeletor"...
    Last edited by Rhanen; November 16, 2009 at 06:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Well, then, potentially we could get doubles of:
    I wonder if they are indeed thinking of Filmation versions when they say "long term" plans. Otherwise, I would say the Filmation versions cannot count as the distinct other look of any given character because we know they can't make those designs. It sounds more like a Classic and 200X reconciliation similar to Zodac and Zodak for now--but it is a very good step towards pleasing more than just one part of the overall fandom with MOTUC. If all figures will have the same builds though, I can't see a 200X Clawful or Beastman being made without so many compromises as to defeat the point of the 200X approach--at least for me. Certainly 200X Adam is no good if he's not a smaller body type.

Movie mayhem!
    Captain power would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adding these from The Fwoosh: (first one was included because Teela is referenced)

1. The side-to-side rocker ankles on MOTUC Teela look perfect. Can we get those on some DCUC figures?

When appropriate and workable, yes.

4. We know that MOTUC takes most of its stylistic cues from the classic 80s line, but what about Mantenna? If/when you get around to doing him for the line, would his four legs be connected two by two like the old figure, or all for individual like he has been portrayed in the 200x and She-Ra cartoons?

It’s too early to tell, but likely I’ll try to go for 4 legs since he would need new legs anyway to show the “2 combined legs” like the vintage figure had. I might also give him two heads, one with eyes up, one with eyes down.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Adding these from The Fwoosh: (first one was included because Teela is referenced)
    I really want two legs for Mantenna like the original figure : (
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Really? I always hated that Mantenna only had two legs depicting the four he always was supposed to have. I like that he would likely get two heads, although that is one action feature I think would be fun to have incorporated. I can't imagine it would be all that expensive versus the two heads. Either way, now that we're hearing 4 legs, I am positive Mantenna will look awesome!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Really? I always hated that Mantenna only had two legs depicting the four he always was supposed to have. I like that he would likely get two heads, although that is one action feature I think would be fun to have incorporated. I can't imagine it would be all that expensive versus the two heads. Either way, now that we're hearing 4 legs, I am positive Mantenna will look awesome!
    I guess I'll have to wait and see what he looks like. I never watched the girl's version of He-Man, She-Ra; only had the original figure and read the mini-comic and for those he had two legs.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

But even the old figure really had four legs, they were just sculpted onto two limbs. (It took me a long time to realize that when I was a pup.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    But even the old figure really had four legs, they were just sculpted onto two limbs. (It took me a long time to realize that when I was a pup.)
    Hmmmm, that has me curious. Wish I had my old figure to inspect, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Most of these 200X would be cool, but it would contradict what Toyguru has said that there is not going to be 200X in Classics, that actually the figures are going to be a mixture of all MOTU eras, like it has been with Hordak.
    Zodak was quite an exception since they generated him as a new character, but even though I'd want to have both yellow and pale Evil-Lynn, I hope that they came up with an accurate story and not something like: "Evil-Lynn skin turned yellow when she was bound to Desponda, a saffron she-demon summoned by Skeletor"...
    Toyguru said that about straight 200X versions of MOTUC.

I'm talking about 200X versions in the Classics style. Basically the Classic versions of the human major characters wearing their 200X clothing as if it came out in the 80's, just as they said how 200X would be represented in the Classics line.

I'm not talking about monster or creature type characters like Buzz-Off and Clawful somehow looking different.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

BOOYAH!!! question 4 over at poeghoastal was mine! the one about Zodak. i am glad it was answered pretty straight forward. at least there is no ambiguity with the bonus figure sales. keep up the pace zodak sold at = more bonus figures

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I really want two legs for Mantenna like the original figure : (
    i suggest you invest in a bottle of glue

funny thing is when i had him as a kid i didnt realize he was supposed to have 4 legs til i caught an episode of she-ra
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

good news about the bonus figures!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Toyark.com is now doing Q&As too. Unfortunately they didn't have any MOTUC questions.

Figures.com just posted theirs.

I'm too lazy to copy, paste and edit everything at the moment, so here's the link:

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/9...er-16th-q.html

4) You have stated in the past that all MOTUC figures you produce will have the classic look incorporated into their design regardless if they are original or 200X characters. Would you still however, consider making Evolutions of MOTUC packs which would consist of the same character in their original and 200X look?

No, I have no plans to do any 200X styled version of figures in the Classics line. I will do 200X characters (like King Grayskull and Zodak) but they will all be in the Classics style.
    Am I missing something or is this contradicting a previous ToyGuru answer where he said we'll be getting different looks for the same character?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Am I missing something or is this contradicting a previous ToyGuru answer where he said we'll be getting different looks for the same character?
    Don't mix up look and style. We might get multiple versions of characters in their 200X look (i.e. colors), but they will still be in the classics style.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    Don't mix up look and style. We might get multiple versions of characters in their 200X look (i.e. colors), but they will still be in the classics style.

Then why are 2002 fans so happy? I highly doubt it was the few color changes that made them like the 2002 era so much, it was the sculpts.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

LOL! We wouldn't want the 2002 fans to be happy... Sorry, couldn't help it.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Then why are 2002 fans so happy? I highly doubt it was the few color changes that made them like the 2002 era so much, it was the sculpts.
    Personally I like both the classic style and 2002 versions of various characters. I'm not alone. What they are doing by bringing everything together under a classic-styled theme--is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Personally I like both the classic style and 2002 versions of various characters. I'm not alone. What they are doing by bringing everything together under a classic-styled theme--is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the line.
    Well said! I feel the same way.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

They'lll be neutered versions of the actual 200X designs, sure. But it'll go a long way to make MOTUC alot more comfortable for those of us who liked the 200X costumes.

It'll suck that everyone will have the same boots and underwear, but at least the 200X costumes will now be incorporated into MOTUC as alternate costumes that the characters are known to wear. It's akin to how Spider-Man has the black costume or how Wolverine has the orange and brown look. They have the original look, but have been known to wear a different costume.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 17, 2009 at 09:30am.