Thread: The Official 200X Queen Marlena Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official 200X Queen Marlena Thread

Welcome to the 200X/MYP Queen Marlena Support thread

In a funny way, 200X Marlena reminds me of how they replaced Aunt Vivian in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with a new actress. Everyone is so used to the old actress, that the new actress has a hard time measuring up.

The Filmation/Vintage fans have their version of Queen Marlena. Now the 200X/MYP fans need theirs. Maybe this could be how Marlena looked while Randor was trapped in Despondos.

The Official 200X King Randor Thread is the sister thread to this one! We need both 200X looks of the royals in Classics!

Discuss!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 21, 2012 at 04:08pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

2002 Queen Marlena was the weakest character in the entire series. I'm fine not having her in MOTUC, but if we had to have some sort of representation of her, I'd rather they skip this mousy white dress version and go full on Battle Armor Marlena from that one Snakemen episode.

I support this. (Both her looks, the White dress seen here and Her Diplomatic Armor...)
    and now I feel bad about 200X Marlena being called the Replacement Aunt Viv...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    2002 Queen Marlena was the weakest character in the entire series. I'm fine not having her in MOTUC, but if we had to have some sort of representation of her, I'd rather they skip this mousy white dress version and go full on Battle Armor Marlena from that one Snakemen episode.
    Queen Marlena took awhile to get some characterization even in Filmation, IIRC. We got backstory in the second episode of the series, but she was as much of a background characters as she was in 200X until the second season's Rainbow Warrior fleshed her out a bit.

We can have both versions -- the Queen AND the Battle Armored versions. Nonetheless, I'll make a thread for that look tomorrow and add it to the MOTUC Index.

As much as I love the 200X toon and I liked the updated version of Marlena, I'd still pass her up for her armoured version. Plus with the line being limited as it is I don't think we need three versions of a character who is arguably not a main character. I'll fight tooth and nail for Rainbow Armour Marlena though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    As much as I love the 200X toon and I liked the updated version of Marlena, I'd still pass her up for her armoured version. Plus with the line being limited as it is I don't think we need three versions of a character who is arguably not a main character. I'll fight tooth and nail for Rainbow Armour Marlena though.
    Would the 200X armored version make sense without the 200X Queen version? Or would fans simply swap heads with the Filmation version?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Would the 200X armored version make sense without the 200X Queen version? Or would fans simply swap heads with the Filmation version?
    I think if you slapped a bio on a fig most fans would go along with just about anything. I don't think a regular 200X Marlena needs to exist in MOTUC to justify her Rainbow Armour. For one thing they could explain any difference as something in canon like it being Marlena in her younger days where she fought alongside a young Randor. Plus we already have Battleground Teela (and possibly a future NA Teela) that are quite different to regular Teela. I don't think one need be dependant on the other to exist. Also allowing for a potential head swap couldn't hurt either.

Personally I'd sculpt her head like it was in the 200X show, but in a MOTUC style (like the rest of her body). If Mattel want to explain the difference or not that's another thing altogether. It wouldn't bother me as long as she makes it into the MOTUC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I would be happy with just the armor version one (with matching Armor Randor). Unless that make a 200x King Randor, a white 200x Marlena would not look "right" (unless one displays her with the 200x Randor staction).

Since I brought this variant up in the Top 3 Frivolous Variant thread (and we have a whole new bunch of .org members in two years), do we have any MORE fans of 200X Marlena in the house?

I still want 200X Marlena... Preferably the Diplomatic Armor version, so I can pose her with BA Randor (until we get a 200X Randor... IF he happens)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Meh. I got 2 different Marlenas, I got 2 different Randors. That's enough for me. Actually I'd much rather have a Captain Randor with Helmet (brother of Keldor, ect) than another Marlena.

Just like with 200x Randor I'd much prefer the Battle Armor version of 200x Marlena to the normal version. This is the armor she should have been wearing in MOTUC mini-comic, not her astronauts outfit, why on Eternia would she wear her 20 year old astronauts outfit into battle

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Theese are 2 variants I would gladly buy, but if if would have to choose from Royal 200x or Battle armor 200x, I would choose Battle Armor 200x for them! =)
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

To be honest, I never much warmed up to the 200x version of Queen Marlena. She looks very young, more like a princess than a queen. Plus her design is very bland. The geen worn by the Filmation Marlena is very bold and just adds a lot more character in my opinion. The battle-ready version is a bit more interesting, but there are a slew of other characters and character-variants I'd take before this one. This is coming from a huge Marlena fan, too.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation: Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!