Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dare, Son of He-Man Speculation

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Mmm...I don't like the idea that Dare is Adora and Seahawk's son, because it would mean than they died in battle or something; I mean, why would they not raise their own son? And in my canon, She-ra/Adora DOESN'T DIE!!!

If she isn't dead, then she is a bad mother. Or a busy one? -'Sorry Adam, can you raise my son while I go kick the Horde's ass at the other end of the galaxy? I'm kinda really busy with work'. -'Why, of course, Sis', but I'll lie to him about who his true parents were'. -'Awesole! Love ya!'
    I posted this in the Q&A section, but that's not the case, oulala. In the He-Ro bible, it says Dare was taken from his parents. It's a future version of Secret of the Sword...but instead of seeing Dare's (Adora's) life after all that stuff happened, we're basically seeing it as it unfolds, you know?

Sea Hawk and Adora do not know where their son is and they are searching for him or are trapped somewhere. It's like Queen Marlena and King Randor: they didn't know what happened to Adora. They searched for her all those years and never found her. I mean...parents who have their children abducted and cannot find them, doesn't make them terrible parents.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    This is a horrible idea and needs to be buried back in with the other bad ideas.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I posted this in the Q&A section, but that's not the case, oulala. In the He-Ro bible, it says Dare was taken from his parents. It's a future version of Secret of the Sword...but instead of seeing Dare's (Adora's) life after all that stuff happened, we're basically seeing it as it unfolds, you know?

Sea Hawk and Adora do not know where their son is and they are searching for him or are trapped somewhere. It's like Queen Marlena and King Randor: they didn't know what happened to Adora. They searched for her all those years and never found her. I mean...parents who have their children abducted and cannot find them, doesn't make them terrible parents.
    Yah, if you're regular parents. But She-ra has all these awesome powers. She can question animals with telepathy ('where's my son?") and kick everyone's derriere... She is pretty limitless... I mean if I was She-ra I would go through heaven and hell to get my son back... Use the magic of my friends, the sword, whatever it takes!

... Not to mention that King Adam is not helping his sis! He should be looking for her if she's trapped somewhere instead of being the King! What a horrible dysfunctional family! lol!

I actually hope She-ra and Seahawk DON'T have children and party day and night on Etheria with all their POP friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    i'm member of a spanish site and I created a topic about that, the bible is here .

check it out
    http://toys.foroactivo.net/t2919-he-ro-son-of-he-man
    Gracias! I'll go check it out today.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Here's the reason why I don't like this:

It demeans the value of what He-man is suppose to be. He-man (along with She-ra now) is suppose to be the grand savior of the universe. Everything that goes on revolves around him. He does get a little lost in the shuffle because there are a great number of heroes and villains, but He-man is suppose to the great inspiration and catalyst. And to an extent now, that goes to She-ra as well in the new cannon.

He-man and She-ra have a great purpose. That was the whole point of everything.

Throwing in a kid and saying that "Ok, here's the new He-man, but we'll call him He-ro." It says that He-man is not important. As it turned out, our He-man was the beginning and he should be the end. If you just toss him away and replace him, then everything that has happened in the series is just pointless. The He-ro concept just says, "It didn't matter, we got a new He-man here and we'll get a few more."

He-man is not Superman, there is no "Never ending battle with evil." The Masters of the Universe concept is more like Star Wars. We started with a great battle of good versus evil. It's going to have its ups and down and it's leading to an end. King Grayskull is a prequel that is establishing everything that has happened before and why He-man and the Masters of the Universe exist in Prince Adam's time.

Everything that has happened in between those two eras have been building up to Prince Adam's time.

You toss in Dare and all that and now your saying that all that time was useless and pointless. You're diluting the importance of the events occurring with Prince Adam and MOTU.

Let the "He-ro" idea go.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    @bskcase: just a question (really, an honest question as I'm still trying to figure this all out). In your opinion, where do you place that 'end game'? In a series of toons, comics, books? And if so, suppose this ever happens (this final battle I mean), would that mean that after that the whole MotU-story stops (also meaning: no more toys)? Seriously, just an honest question, I'm curious...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind getting a He-Ro figure from this cartoon concept.

I actually would also like the get this version of Man-E-Faces. This design is often criticized (as has already been the case in this very thread ), but I see A LOT of potential in that concept.

Just looking at him, I imagine that this incarnation, rather than just flipping his face around to make someone else's face, he instead can probably transform or morph his entire body to look like someone else. I imaging that maybe he can set a timer on the transformation (hence the watches/clocks on him) to hold it in place so that he doesn't have to concentrate to maintain it. I kind of think of him transforming as having to concentrate on flexing his muscles... he can do so briefly, but after a while it becomes hard to hold the flex. But the timer setting holds the transformation for him with out him having to continue to "hold the flex". And this just seems like a more logical and useful approach to the basic concept of Man-E-Faces. While I very much like his traditional incarnation, him changing his face alone doesn't have too many practical applications. This changes that IMO.

I'm not big on the change to Ram-Man, but MEF has potential, IMO.

Also a Skeletor figure based on his look here would be cool, too.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Here's the reason why I don't like this:

It demeans the value of what He-man is suppose to be. He-man (along with She-ra now) is suppose to be the grand savior of the universe. Everything that goes on revolves around him. He does get a little lost in the shuffle because there are a great number of heroes and villains, but He-man is suppose to the great inspiration and catalyst. And to an extent now, that goes to She-ra as well in the new cannon.

He-man and She-ra have a great purpose. That was the whole point of everything.

Throwing in a kid and saying that "Ok, here's the new He-man, but we'll call him He-ro." It says that He-man is not important. As it turned out, our He-man was the beginning and he should be the end. If you just toss him away and replace him, then everything that has happened in the series is just pointless. The He-ro concept just says, "It didn't matter, we got a new He-man here and we'll get a few more."

He-man is not Superman, there is no "Never ending battle with evil." The Masters of the Universe concept is more like Star Wars. We started with a great battle of good versus evil. It's going to have its ups and down and it's leading to an end. King Grayskull is a prequel that is establishing everything that has happened before and why He-man and the Masters of the Universe exist in Prince Adam's time.

Everything that has happened in between those two eras have been building up to Prince Adam's time.

You toss in Dare and all that and now your saying that all that time was useless and pointless. You're diluting the importance of the events occurring with Prince Adam and MOTU.

Let the "He-ro" idea go.
    Ummm...this is kind of exactly like Star Wars!

- Emperor Clones
    - Han and Leia's kids become Jedi's to stop the NEW Empire
    - I think Luke does go dark side
    - etc.

Continuing evil threats.

Also, He-Man isn't the beginning. King Grayskull was the beginning and then there was a string of "He-Man" characters. Adam was the TRUE He-Man. I keep saying, it's Legend of the Seeker. The current LotS is a TRUE Seeker. The last TRUE Seeker came 1000 years ago or something (like King Grayskull was 5000 years ago) and the new one was prophesied to save the world from darkness or something. He also falls in love with the Mother Confessor (Sorceress) and they fight alongside each other. He-Man and Teela anyone? He also has a long-lost sister he didn't know about, the "ungifted one." Magic doesn't work for or against her.

Anyhow, He-Man and She-Ra were the twins prophesied to save the Universe from Skeletor and the Horde. They succeeded in that, and then aged. I mean...there will always be evil and always be a need for others to fight against that evil. That's what Dare is.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Yep. Things keep getting better and better.

And better yet, it appears evident that my least favourite thing about the whole concept, Dare not being He-Man's legitiment child, and an orphan of unknown origin, will quite possibly be made AWESOME.

Son Of Skeletor & Evil Lyn. Taken in by He-Man and given to the side of good. Not only is that a story that I can really sink my teeth into, but it actually makes good on something. Keldor is the elder brother, so was the "heir" to Grayskull, but since he was (let's just assume) unworthy and it went to his nephew, now in the future it will go back to the older brother's bloodline.
    I love this idea.

And I really like that picture of Skeletor too.

It does have potential, storywise. I think He-Man is just fine being the "Savior" of his time, but the story shouldn't necessarily stop there. The greatest thing He-man or She-Ra can give is a Legacy. To serve as inspiration, hope, an ideal model for generations to come. They can win their war, but that doesn't necessarily mean the absolute eradication of all evil. Because what would life be like after that? Just complacency, not to mention it'd almost be akin to taking away people's free will. Evil doesn't just go away. There will always be a need for a Hero. That's what He-Man does for the world. He shows them what a hero should be. He shows them what they can be, with a whole lot of integrity, and a power sword.

Otherwise, it'd just be a complacent world, with no evil. People just going about their business... "He-Man? oh yeah, I remember him. We don't need him anymore. Evil? What is that? Why do I need to be a Hero? He-Man took care of all of that."

And eventually they'd just forget him. Why would they need to remember him, if there's no evil, they might not even understand the concept anymore. He-Man would just be a name they heard. He did something once. They should be grateful. The End.
    Last edited by Analog Jote; August 21, 2011 at 02:06pm.

yep, as above it's a continuing journey.

That's why I like all the reboots when you get right down to it. It either has to grow (NA, Dare/He-Ro) or it has to be rebooted, (200x, MOTUC).

Reboots tell a similar story to the one you knew, and you get the fun of doing it all over again.

However I love and respect moving forward in a story. That's why I like this MOTUC so much. It's giving us things and story (however small and scattered) about what happens next.

I dont want everything frozen in time. I dont want the story to end either.

So though I like going back over all the old good friends, I love seeing what else is next and how it relates to the past.

And with MOTUC, it's all happening at the same time. That's why I dont mind the story being all over the place. There is no "right now" exactly.

So Dare and/or Son of Skeletor (still hope it's one and the same) is great like hearing about Teela finally becoming sorceress. I've been waiting for that to happen in an official capacity at some point for decades now. Mind you that doesnt mean that stories from other times cant be told. Only we have a greater timeframe to choose from as to when to tell stories. Richer and larger. Awesome.

Dare has officially been included in the MOTUC mythos with Sir Laser Lot's bio. I can't wait to see what Classics has planned for him.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    curious if there are going to be two versions of dare?
    one as dare the teenager & the second as he-ro dares ultra ego.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'm not a big fan of Dare, but if he has to be introduced then I hope they redesign him a bit. I also don't see the point of him being adopted, I don't see why King Adam and Queen Teela can't have a son by birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to get more info on the Son of He-man story line. With so much of the story changing due to the bio's I think we will get a new story line for the "Son of He-Man" Line. I would like to see more of Sir Laser Lot and see Kay-La story change to where she is Clamp Champ's Daughter.

Heroic Warrior
    This is very exciting. I can't wait till they unveil a figure for Dare, and He-Ro the son of He-Man. I'm also loving the King He-Man, and Queen Teela story. I want to hear more. Can't wait to get my King He-Man, and hope they do Queen Teela as well.

I'm wondering how many characters we will see from this era. We already have KING HE-MAN, and we pretty much have to see DARE/HE-RO. I would assume QUEEN TEELA will show up, and possibly the future SKELETOR.

I have my doubts about any other characters. Too much new tooling required.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I think that there will be a special 'Dare' armor in a future weapons pak that allows you to turn your Galactic Protector He-Man into Dare.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Do you think SOH will be held off now until the line gets over the hump? maybe skipping 2014 altogether to focus on just vintage.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

DARE, SON OF HEMAN in MOTUC

The design of Dare, son of He-Man has been revealed in the MOTUC minicomic "Final Battle".

Do you like that the armor is just a repaint of the NA He-man figure?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I would hope that if we ever get a Dare figure, it would come with an alternate armor piece similar to the Filmation one we are all familiar with. I'm okay with the darker hair and blue NA pants, but this guy needs to come with at least one thing that would tie him to the concept we all have seen for years.
    FISTO NEEDS HIS STRIDOR! C'MON, SCOTT! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Like Paragraff, I'd be ok with it if he came with other armor options. As he stand in the comic panel, I am not a fan. Which is sad because he was in my top wants for future figures. If he is just a NA Daddy repaint, there's really no draw. It isn't a new figure design. It is a used character design with a new name.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

I actually love the look, though I would be thrilled with an additional "barbarian" harness. Of course, to that end, I can easily put a spare He-Man harness to work.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer a version close to the original designs.

Why the hair has been changed to brown? Dare must be blonde...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I actually love the look, though I would be thrilled with an additional "barbarian" harness. Of course, to that end, I can easily put a spare He-Man harness to work.
    Yeah, maybe the harness the Goddess came with! Honestly, I'd rather see something completely new, just for Dare. I thought we would be seeing something similar to the design that Mattel gave DC for He-Man's new armor. I erroneously thought there was an ulterior motive behind it and its futuristic look. That's what I get for allowing my mind to wander.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

Why the hair has been changed to brown? Dare must be blonde...
    I think it is just to reinforce the new canon with him as the son of He-Man and Teela, rather than She-Ra and Sea Hawk like the original. I think they are just trying to draw distinctions between the two versions. Just an assumption, of course. ...Or, hey! Maybe he changes his hair color just like his mother!

Actually, I'd be thrilled with the armor he is wearing above on the lion, IF they changed the shape to that of Carnivus'. That armor looks to much like He-Man's era, but I love the style and colors.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 14, 2014 at 06:21pm.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The design of Dare, son of He-Man has been revealed in the MOTUC minicomic "Final Battle".

Do you like that the armor is just a repaint of the NA He-man figure?
    Not really, no. I dislike the space age over the barbarian age in MOTU any way, and didn't care for seeing more blue pants or the same NA armor on Dare. The silver and red hair make him look like Kayo actually, no one else feels that?

I know Scott really likes the NA armor angle because he's brought up that it was called the Dare armor before (I take that to mean he was excited about it), but I'm just not interested in NA much and this is more of what I wasn't interested in to begin with. I'd rather see an era or brand focused on Vikor than this new He-Ro. It might at least be nice if this He-Ro had a slimmer buck and so would be visually more distinct from He-Man, but the whole point of the armor is that it's reused from NA He-MAn, so to me this is just a no win. Even if he has a more unique armor under the NA covering, he's still got the Kayo color scheme. I guess I'll have to see more options to know if I'd like it.

That said, I like his design better than Skeleteen's which looks less like a repaint but not to any great benefit.

And in either case, no I wouldn't quit subbing if one or both were revealed. However I'd be louder about bringing up figures I want more.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406