Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Dare, Son of He-Man Speculation

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I agree on the jim lee comments.

I like this stuff very much.

the man e faces, eh..... i would like to see the story of WHY he changed.

as corny as airbag and forklift are i would love to see a "redesign" of them in the fan art section, and that chick too.

i am all for creating new gens of characters.

would this take place after he-man comes home from NA series?

i think that if you took these characters and had them drawn by styles we are use to seeing MOTU people would warm up to them more.

something about the different art i think disconnects it for some people.....
    hmmm..... man i love these threads.
    Last edited by TechTrek; November 19, 2009 at 10:37am.

Was there concept art for the villains as well?
    END OF LINE

You can see the whole proposal here:
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml

(I don't think it's on the new site yet...)

There are more pics in the series concept. The villains were Skeletor, Beast Man, Evil-Lyn, Mer-Man, Trap-Jaw, Tongue-Lasher (all redesigned) along with new villains Bug-Eye, Sloboar, Missile-Toe (giggle), Saw-Tooth, Ever Mean and Odar (who sounds a lot like Stinkor)

Jon-O's custom Dare is so amazing, it almost inspires me to make one for myself. I've never done a custom, so it would surely be fugly. So I won't do it. lol

With that being said, I do not want to see Dare incorporated into MOTUC, for one reason and one reason only: I want He-Man to win. I'm ok with the centuries old struggle with the Snake Men, Hordak, and now Skeletor. Those other He-Men were less than Adam and Adora. I envision the twins eventually brining peace to Eternia and Etheria. For Dare to exist, it would mean that evil still threatens the realm. Me no likey.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Thanks! Yeah, in my canon, Skeletor reforms (becoming Keldor once more) after he and Adam return from the future, so I have no idea who Dare would battle. I often wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, in my canon, Skeletor reforms (becoming Keldor once more) after he and Adam return from the future, so I have no idea who Dare would battle. I often wonder...
    its a sad tale.

but i often think that when keldor (cyborgskelly from NA) and Adam return from the future, now skelly being a bit different is no longer human, so he "outlives" the king adam who dies shortly after his return.

its very sad. but in a really poetic way i think he-man, always fighting for good, and never killing skelly even though he could have HUNDREDS of times, for him to just die. and evil to continue. remember zodak is the "balance" of good and evil.

so in believing this it means that there will always be good, and always be evil. sad... but true.

that being said. and he-man being untouchable for my canon (i am not a greyskull fan, or he-ro fan in the sense of "previous he-men" or even wun dar) i think Dare should become a hero. just not "he man" as in Dare, heroic prince/king of eternia.

shoot, i remember last week someone had (maybe you) dare being ADORAS son. i think this could be very cool also.

but yeah. NOT next gen he-man. just Next gen eternia for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    shoot, i remember last week someone had (maybe you) dare being ADORAS son. i think this could be very cool also.
    Probably me. I built it into my canon after hearing that the intended plan was to eventually reveal Dare as her (biological) son.

Whoah! I've never seen these before!

As weird as the concept is, I'm all about enlarging the He-Man universe in whatever way so I would love to see these as figures. Everyone seems confident that Mattel has no ownership of these characters but there seems to be a little confusion as to whether Lou Scheimer or DiC owns/created these characters, I'd be interested in finding out for sure, maybe it's just me wanting the possibility of future figures. Mattel could always get permission like they're trying to do with Filmation.

Anyway, call me weird.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I must say I am not personally very fond of Dare as a concept. But that's only because in my personal canon I see the epic battle ending with He-man's generation. I don't know if it's a happy ending for He-man and She-Ra, but I do wish there to be an ending.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

If you guys read the bible you'll notice they have a character called Odar who is seemingly very similar to Stinkor, it makes me wonder why they rejected Stinkor and then came up with a character that is so similar here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    If you guys read the bible you'll notice they have a character called Odar who is seemingly very similar to Stinkor, it makes me wonder why they rejected Stinkor and then came up with a character that is so similar here.
    i think it was actually the same character.

they never actually USED stinkor for the original cartoon, so i think they were thinking, why not use him NOW sort of thoughts. could be a different character, but i think it was obviously the same idea.

Heroic Warrior
    I've long wanted a blue Battle-Cat redesign to be used as the NA take on Battle-Cat, because of that He-Ro pic.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrono View Post
    I would love a Dare figure. I hated the concept for a long time, but in the past 3 years I've really gotten into it. Lets find a way! Make Dare!!!
    And now, apparently, they can

Yep. Things keep getting better and better.

And better yet, it appears evident that my least favourite thing about the whole concept, Dare not being He-Man's legitiment child, and an orphan of unknown origin, will quite possibly be made AWESOME.

Son Of Skeletor & Evil Lyn. Taken in by He-Man and given to the side of good. Not only is that a story that I can really sink my teeth into, but it actually makes good on something. Keldor is the elder brother, so was the "heir" to Grayskull, but since he was (let's just assume) unworthy and it went to his nephew, now in the future it will go back to the older brother's bloodline.

I just think the whole thing is keen. It has my mind afire with awesome possibilities.

Actually I'd be completely happy if this were the 'toon we eventually got.

man i LOVE the look of Evil-Lyn in that story

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

if dare does end up being cast in the role of the skeletor/evillyn baby story... doesn't that make dare a little bit blue coloured?

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Wow... have to get my head around this first... I'm all for expanding the MotUC universe, generations, toyline... He-Man's son? Yes, why not. How he got that kid (in a 'natural way', or adopted and of the latter, which real parents?...) I'm not quite sure what to think.

Hey guys and gals, just one question. First of all, thanks for the link to this bible. I didn't know about this (any chance of a pdf? of other file?). My main question is this: in the introduction one can read the following:
    Like the original series bible, the He-Ro Bible offers new insights into what the original series was about and what a new series could be.
    Anyone know where I can find and read this 'original series bible'? Thanks for helping me out!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, man I love the "He-Ro - Son of He-Man" Idea. I feel it was such a wasted opportunity when I think of the cartoon and cool early 90s toyls we could have gotten from this show.

I would LOVE a He-ro toy and Dare toy but I'm fairly cetain the rights are not Mattels.

BTW Jon-O did you ever end up customising Dare from DCUC Kamandi?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Oh, man I love the "He-Ro - Son of He-Man" Idea. I feel it was such a wasted opportunity when I think of the cartoon and cool early 90s toyls we could have gotten from this show.

I would LOVE a He-ro toy and Dare toy but I'm fairly cetain the rights are not Mattels.

BTW Jon-O did you ever end up customising Dare from DCUC Kamandi?
    No... Kamandi's pretty rare in these parts and I would have wanted two in that case. Then I realized he might be out of scale with MYP Adam if ever made. So I remain in a holding pattern.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Anyone know where I can find and read this 'original series bible'? Thanks for helping me out!
    i'm member of a spanish site and I created a topic about that, the bible is here .

check it out
    http://toys.foroactivo.net/t2919-he-ro-son-of-he-man
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This is a horrible idea and needs to be buried back in with the other bad ideas.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

The recent revelation that Mattel has rights to the Dare story creates new and totally awesome possibilities for the classics line and the He-Mabn story overall. I've wanted this story intertwined somehow with what we already knew but didn't think it was possible but this news certainly has opened up new doors. I'm excited. I don't know if Dare is the son of Skeletor or not but it is interesting to say the least.

i'm going to guess that the trollan overlords sent Dare back in time and he becomes he-ro; while skeletor's kid went in to the future.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Mmm...I don't like the idea that Dare is Adora and Seahawk's son, because it would mean than they died in battle or something; I mean, why would they not raise their own son? And in my canon, She-ra/Adora DOESN'T DIE!!!

If she isn't dead, then she is a bad mother. Or a busy one? -'Sorry Adam, can you raise my son while I go kick the Horde's ass at the other end of the galaxy? I'm kinda really busy with work'. -'Why, of course, Sis', but I'll lie to him about who his true parents were'. -'Awesole! Love ya!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Kay-La and the new evil warriors of Skeletor are the only guys that I could buy. I hate the new Ram Man and Man-E-Faces, and I'd never buy them... Same for Airbag and Fork Lift.

If those guys are ever released, it should not be before a looooong time.

P.S. : there's an evil warrior that looks a bit like 200x Tung Lashor in there...