Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MOTUC Dare, Son of He-Man Speculation

At first, I didn't like that the NA design looked like a quick kitbash/repaint but after thinking about it, I don't mind if that's the design for Dare. The NA armor is called Dare armor, after all, not He-Ro armor. It would be cool if He-Ro II looks different and more like the Filmation version. The figure could then come with an extra silver Dare armor and Dare head so that we can convert NA He-Man into Dare and still have a more barbarian-like He-Ro!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Any chance someone could post a pic of Dare in the comic? I really hope we get more son of he-man characters two is not enough.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gojira101 View Post
    Any chance someone could post a pic of Dare in the comic? I really hope we get more son of he-man characters two is not enough.
    There was a pic from the mini-comic in the Unnamed One arrival thread but it looks like any pics or scans are against the rules and were taken down now.

Basically, imagine NA He-Man with light reddish/brown hair, silver space armor, Vykron's wrist bracers, Adora or Captain Glenn's holstered pistol, the silver Power Sword from Castle Grayskull, and furry boots. It's actually an easy kitbash to assemble.

Once I get the mini-comic, I may do some new sketches of Dare based on this new NA-inspired design!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Not really, no. I dislike the space age over the barbarian age in MOTU any way, and didn't care for seeing more blue pants or the same NA armor on Dare. The silver and red hair make him look like Kayo actually, no one else feels that?
    OMG, you're totally right! Never saw that.

What I think is pretty ridiculous is that Mattel goes on about how the NA figures don't sell well as it is...so instead of making He-Ro II (Dare) Barbarian like we all know him, they're probably going to make him a repaint of a variant NA figure. Let that sink in for a minute...

Where's the logic there?

NA is the most hated era of MOTU (except for maybe the new DC comics and the bios). Mattel is fashioning He-Ro II as an NA character, which will make him sell fewer day-of sale units than if he was a Barbarian. It's totally NA He-Man vs Vikor sales-wise. I just don't get it. *shrugs* Before anyone attacks me, I just want to state I love NA and have watched the series in full on DVD twice so far.

I honestly think the only reason they're going with the completely unknown version of Dare (who is a repaint), is because that's what Scott wants to do and it's cheaper to make. He'll basically sell as well as any other figure overall because we're all locked into subscriptions and he'll be forced upon us. I have always loved He-Ro II (Dare). When I first read the "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" bible, I thought it was SO cool and a great way to continue the story in the future (this could take place AFTER New Adventures). Most people thought it was interesting, but glad it didn't happen.

That being said, if He-Ro II is just going to be a New Adventures of He-Man repaint, count me out. I would much rather have another unique character I've been waiting 25+ years for that will look as they should. I don't want another Star Sisters situation where they make the exact opposite of what we've been asking for in explicit detail WITH pictures and polls, for YEARS! The other figure I worry about (besides He-Ro II/Dare), is Veena. I want her how she looked in the Mike Young Productions cartoon. In the MOTUC mini-comic, she's white, orange and blue. From the answer TG gave after the comic image was shown, it sounds like they're giving her that colour scheme if she gets a figure, which really sucks. I don't want that at all.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 15, 2014 at 10:47am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Guys while i was looking at Axel Gimenez's DeviantArt gallery i found this:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ez-d5l05qy.jpg

I believe it could work much better as a design for Dare/He-Ro II, in comparison with what we already saw in the mini comic. What you think?

I am not overly impressed with Dare's design. I was hoping for something more original.

I'm loving it and can't wait to get him!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I prefer Filmation Dare. Hope we get him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I am not overly impressed with Dare's design. I was hoping for something more original.
    Agreed. He looks exactly like NA He-Man and that diminishes him as a result. Dare, in general, does that. As does King Grayskull.

I'm hoping this look of Dare seen in the latest mini-comic was placed there just to get this early concept of him out there somewhere. But, he's holding the power sword, and, at this point, I'd imagine it has been passed down to him which doesn't give me much hope for the Filmation versions of Dare / He-Ro. In all honesty, I'm quite happy with a lot of the character looks that we've received and seldom complain about much of anything but I feel there's a missed opportunity here to create something entirely new and exciting. I can't help but feel a little disappointed about this choice. Here's to hoping he'll sport something completely different in plastic form.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I dont want a repainted NA He-Man.
    It has to be the Filmation version of Dare. Thats the one I been so excited an anticipation to see (one day have).
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    This is a horrible idea and needs to be buried back in with the other bad ideas.
    Agreed. Don't you all realize that we are going to end up with more Spectors and UNO's? It will be whatever Scott creates. We have so many incredible figures that need to be made before this vanity project.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Whats most disappointing is that this character has the potential of being very cool with a very unique new design.
    Yet we get NA He-Man depicted there being already reference art to him. I just hope that what was in the comic was a nod to the original original concept for Dare & not what is planed for the future Dare figure for motuc.

very worried at this point. My confidence is wavering in the decisions made in this line at the moment.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a fan of NA He-Man's costume being recycled for Dare. If MOTUC Dare is released looking like that, then it's definitely a figure that I don't want, even if he is Adora and Sea Hawk's son in my head canon.

I would much prefer to see Dare have his own unique look, perhaps inspired by Snake Armour He-Man (medieval knight), He-Ro (V1.0) or a "gladiator" style armour. At the very least, he needs unique chest armour with a "H" or "asterix" or some kind of superheroic symbol on it.

So Dare is basically NA He-Man with light brown hair and furry boots.

How boring and uninspired.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

I like 'em! Kinda like Dare inherits new abilities, like manifesting armor (which is always how I played the NA armor when I was a kid). I do think they should toss in a blue harness of either a new design or something familiar, though. Would have been neat for him to get his own version of the Power Sword too, but it makes sense for it to revert back to its natural state.

I'm looking forward to the figure, overall. I've always loved the NA He-Man armor, and the silver looks great. Only thing I don't like is that it looks like his head might just be NA He-Man's head, and I was hoping he's get his own visage. We'll see!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Here's the reason why I don't like this:

It demeans the value of what He-man is suppose to be. He-man (along with She-ra now) is suppose to be the grand savior of the universe. Everything that goes on revolves around him. He does get a little lost in the shuffle because there are a great number of heroes and villains, but He-man is suppose to the great inspiration and catalyst. And to an extent now, that goes to She-ra as well in the new cannon.

He-man and She-ra have a great purpose. That was the whole point of everything.

Throwing in a kid and saying that "Ok, here's the new He-man, but we'll call him He-ro." It says that He-man is not important. As it turned out, our He-man was the beginning and he should be the end. If you just toss him away and replace him, then everything that has happened in the series is just pointless. The He-ro concept just says, "It didn't matter, we got a new He-man here and we'll get a few more."

He-man is not Superman, there is no "Never ending battle with evil." The Masters of the Universe concept is more like Star Wars. We started with a great battle of good versus evil. It's going to have its ups and down and it's leading to an end. King Grayskull is a prequel that is establishing everything that has happened before and why He-man and the Masters of the Universe exist in Prince Adam's time.

Everything that has happened in between those two eras have been building up to Prince Adam's time.

You toss in Dare and all that and now your saying that all that time was useless and pointless. You're diluting the importance of the events occurring with Prince Adam and MOTU.

Let the "He-ro" idea go.
    Scooter's He-Man is a green lantern, not that he isn't special amongst regular people, he just isn't all that special amongst those who are given the power.

Scooter has diminished he-man with his writing, the sword of he, multiple he-man's throughout the years etc. blech.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Here's the reason why I don't like this:

It demeans the value of what He-man is suppose to be. He-man (along with She-ra now) is suppose to be the grand savior of the universe. Everything that goes on revolves around him. He does get a little lost in the shuffle because there are a great number of heroes and villains, but He-man is suppose to the great inspiration and catalyst. And to an extent now, that goes to She-ra as well in the new cannon.

He-man and She-ra have a great purpose. That was the whole point of everything.

Throwing in a kid and saying that "Ok, here's the new He-man, but we'll call him He-ro." It says that He-man is not important. As it turned out, our He-man was the beginning and he should be the end. If you just toss him away and replace him, then everything that has happened in the series is just pointless. The He-ro concept just says, "It didn't matter, we got a new He-man here and we'll get a few more."

He-man is not Superman, there is no "Never ending battle with evil." The Masters of the Universe concept is more like Star Wars. We started with a great battle of good versus evil. It's going to have its ups and down and it's leading to an end. King Grayskull is a prequel that is establishing everything that has happened before and why He-man and the Masters of the Universe exist in Prince Adam's time.

Everything that has happened in between those two eras have been building up to Prince Adam's time.

You toss in Dare and all that and now your saying that all that time was useless and pointless. You're diluting the importance of the events occurring with Prince Adam and MOTU.

Let the "He-ro" idea go.
    This is a great post and explains very well the reasons, in my opininion, why SOH concept doesn't appear such a great idea.