Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tytus comparison size question, which do you prefer?

Tytus comparison size question, which do you prefer?

Seeing as everyone has a different opinion on what size Tytus should be "if" he is made for MOTUC, I took this picture to get an idea of what you might think to be the best size for him. Would you prefer his original size, the mexican bootleg, the 2002 rotocast figure, or something different?

I have a bigger picture under my profile if you want to get a better look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

While just getting Tytus (and his gnarly arch-nemesis, Megator) would blow all sorts of sunshine up my furry underpants, I would be most thrilled if we were to get him at his original size. Bigger would be cool, but really, any of those sized would work handily for me.

And joseephus, my old pal, I just have to tell you: I want to come play with toys at your house.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Doesn't matter, as long as he is at least as big as the rotocast. Just getting him would be amazing.

15" That would be a GIANT

Original size. I just wouldn't be able to enjoy Tytus or Megator as much if they were smaller than their previous incarnations. I want the giants to be well, giants!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Um... I want him as big as the original but don't want to spend more than a hundred bucks on him. Can they make that work?

He should be scaled to the other characters, around 18 inches tall.

I am SURE (this is just my own opinion however) that Tytus will be released in MOTUC very shortly, perhaps even before SDCC 2010. Here is why:

1) Mattel filed for the Tytus trademarks along with a bunch of other guys but Tytus is actually the only one of them that could be made out of existing parts from other Mattel toys.

2) Toyguru said that 2010 will bring BIG surprises to MOTU fans.

3) Toyguru said in response to a question asking about the possibility of a new Castle Grayskull that the Castle was out of the question BUT that they are considering further larger scale beasts AND CHARACTERS (that was the first time he mentioned "characters").

4) Tytus is in some way just a larger scale He-Man. They are doing this with Ghostbusters. No reason why they shouldn't do it with MOTUC as well. Plus Tytus is much sought after and a very popular character.

Personally I am happy that Tytus is coming (again, this is my opinion but I would bet my house and my car he is!) but he is not one of my favorite characters. I am more excited about Evil Lyn and really can't wait for She-Ra! It will be cool to see how they'll update him, which parts they'll use for him and how the 4H will sculpt the armour, head and hair. I think they will turn him into a really cool figure! As for the size I think it will be just the same size as the larger GB figures so slightly smaller than the original.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Looking at the original Tytus compared to Classics He-Man, he looks *far* too big. Yeah, he's even bigger on the vintage scale, but that's just too big, IMO.

I like the Rotocast He-Man, and he still looks awesome compared to Classics He-Man. DCUC gets by with a 10" buck, and I'd be plenty happy with a 10" Tytus and Megator.

I could totally see them using that new 12" body they designed for the Ghostbusters/ Superman movie lines. That would meaning the only tooling cost would be in the head and armor parts, putting him in that same $60 range.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Looking at the original Tytus compared to Classics He-Man, he looks *far* too big. Yeah, he's even bigger on the vintage scale, but that's just too big, IMO.

I like the Rotocast He-Man, and he still looks awesome compared to Classics He-Man. DCUC gets by with a 10" buck, and I'd be plenty happy with a 10" Tytus and Megator.
    Why is he too big? After all, he's a giant, they're supposed to be big.

And see that weapon he has? That's used to grab enemies (as shown on his boxart). No way that would work if he wasn't three times the size of the normal figures.

Tell 'em RP

After all GIANT to me is more than 10" tall... 4"-6" taller than an average figure? Are you kidding me??? 3 X the size is a GIANT

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Why is he too big? After all, he's a giant, they're supposed to be big.

And see that weapon he has? That's used to grab enemies (as shown on his boxart). No way that would work if he wasn't three times the size of the normal figures.
    Last edited by Megalodon; November 21, 2009 at 07:21pm.

It'd be cool if he's at least twice the size of the classics figures. If he's taller, great, but I honestly don't want to be spending 60 bucks on one figure. If they wanted to be really nice, they could make him a regularly-priced monthly figure!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    I only have a vintage prototype at Mattel. How tall was the vintage final figure? (just curious, no hidden meanings here!)

TG

15" that would be PERFECT

He should be this size then you could make the MYP Giants as well as Megator out of the same mold... With minor tweaks...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I only have a vintage prototype at Mattel. How tall was the vintage final figure? (just curious, no hidden meanings here!)

TG

The MYP giants would be great as well.

Hey ToyGuru, accept my friendship request, dude!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

TG
    I just measured him. He is exactly 15.5 inches tall.

Exact???

15" is close enough...I don't think he would be made an extra 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I just measured him. He is exactly 15.5 inches tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Exact???

15" is close enough...I don't think he would be made an extra 1/2
    You are probably right. I justed wanted to give Toyguru an original figure size like he requested, so I gave him an exact measurement like he wanted.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would like him original vintage size please. But to be perfectly frank, that may be too small as well. As RocketPunch stated previously the figure should be 18" to be in scale with the 6" MOTUC characters just as he was when originally released at 15" in relation to the 5" vintage MOTU figures.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

If Matty made this a BAF then they can make it as big as they want. I think the MOTU fans have earned a freebee from Mattel. Especially with all the trouble we were going through to order these figures. Add one piece at a time to all the Club Eternia figures for 2010. That would be a nice thank you to all the fans from Matty.

I think the 2002 ROTOCAST size is the way to go. Especially for display purposes.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    As big as can be, but no smaller then 12".
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    how would this take off? large scale characters that most fans never even heard of. i don't know. an exclusive in much later years after the line has really taken off. maybe i don't know what i'm talking about. i don't know how big this will take off.

Most fans??

Who collects/knows He-Man hasn't heard of Tytus/Megator?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    how would this take off? large scale characters that most fans never even heard of. i don't know. an exclusive in much later years after the line has really taken off. maybe i don't know what i'm talking about. i don't know how big this will take off.