Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tytus comparison size question, which do you prefer?

I'd prefer him to be at least the size of the original. I think Tytus is going to be this year's SDCC exclusive. They can re-dress that same statue as him.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

OK, I think we'll see Tytus very shortly. I have no doubt about that. Toyguru's post about his size has raised loads of questions in my head 'though. I am 100% sure they'll use the mold of some other Mattel figure. Now the question is: which figure?

I don't know anything about other Mattel toylines so I'd like to ask: what other figures in the 12"-18" size range does Mattel currently have at its disposal to use as a body for Tytus? Where can I see pictures of these? How large are they exactly? And help would be appreciatted!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I don't even need all the crazy points of articulation. Just make him roto-molded so he's hollow to save plastic
    Works for me. I got a 12" roto-molded Hulk for 10 bucks, so that seems like a great way to go.

I'd want him no bigger than 12". I think too big would make him look like he's from from another toyline.

I also wouldn't mind if he was retconned into being a growing character, instead of a Giant all the time.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Just think. This might well be our first male figure that has to drop the rooted hair in favor of sculpted.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I think it would be cool if they made a 12" MOTUC-esque buck that they could use to not only make Tytus and Megator, but also 12" versions of He-Man and Skeletor.

Why does everybody ignore my questions....[crying]...? I searched on Matty but can't find anything.

I would totally buy a Tytus. I'm sure Mattel will have the scale parts with the WWE lines. Surely they'll try to make some large scale WWE figures that Jakks had success with.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Rooted Hair??? We haven't had any with rooted hair yet???

Why are people jumping the gun like they know something

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Just think. This might well be our first male figure that has to drop the rooted hair in favor of sculpted.
    Last edited by Megalodon; November 22, 2009 at 08:02pm.

At least the size of the original figure (which was stated on here to be 15.5" tall). Since the MOTUC figures are taller than the original vintage figures, I would expect that Tytus would also be taller than his vintage figure as well.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    When you ask for HELP you get none...
    And this is a surprise in today's world?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I am 100% sure they'll use the mold of some other Mattel figure. Now the question is: which figure?

I don't know anything about other Mattel toylines so I'd like to ask: what other figures in the 12"-18" size range does Mattel currently have at its disposal to use as a body for Tytus? Where can I see pictures of these? How large are they exactly? And help would be appreciatted!

Mattel has the DCUC Giants of Justice line, 12 inch figures of characters like Superman, Batman, and The Flash. The line is sculpted by the 4HM and feature "standard" MOTUC/DCUC articulation as well as a large scale male buck design. They also have a Killer Croc which may be a good base for a Megator.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Thanks Pravus Prime! So it looks like it will be a 12" figure, if they make it. That's a little bit sad because the original one was even bigger. I would have preferred him a little taller but I bet they'll use those molds...but that's fine. I'll have an easier time finding a place for him on my shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The ML Sentinel and Galactus were 18" tall. That would be the size to go for.

I hope the fans are ready to put their money where their mouthes are...
    Hey Toyguru, how expensive would an 18" Tytus or Megator be in the MOTUC style?
    Galactus is a bit under 16" the headdress makes him reach the 16"...

I'm interested also in knowing a guesstimate on the price for an 18" Tytus or Megator...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

No I'm just stating a fact not an opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And this is a surprise in today's world?

Im totally in for an original size Tytus figure...that would definately be THE figure of the year if he does come out next year and an awsome hook to keep the line emotion up..crossing fingers

i'd say 13-17" would be fine with me.

battle cat is basically a 13" figure if you stood him on his hind legs.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Mattel has the DCUC Giants of Justice line, 12 inch figures of characters like Superman, Batman, and The Flash. The line is sculpted by the 4HM and feature "standard" MOTUC/DCUC articulation as well as a large scale male buck design. They also have a Killer Croc which may be a good base for a Megator.
    The Giants of Justice only have the most basic articulation, and do not have the style of musculature that would be appropriate for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Rooted Hair??? We haven't had any with rooted hair yet???

Why are people jumping the gun like they know something
    Yes, I know. POP has to drop the rooted hair in favor of sculpted. I'm just saying this might be our first MALE in the line who will have to do so. I find it amusing.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I really think he should be at least 15 inches tall. The current MOTUC figures are a lot bigger than the original figures from the 80's, so in order for the giants to be truly GIANTS, at least 15 inches is pretty much a must in my book.

I'd be happy with the original size or the 2002 Rotocast size.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I think it would be cool if they made a 12" MOTUC-esque buck that they could use to not only make Tytus and Megator, but also 12" versions of He-Man and Skeletor.
    Sounds like a great plan to me.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I could care less about tytus, I want Megator!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Looking at all the size comparisons, anywhere between 18" and 21" (3x the size of a regular figure) would be awesome

I would still be very happy with 2x the size of a regular MOTUC figure; 14"
    IMHO 14" should be the minimum size of these Giants.

I would even buy Tytus & Megator at 10" but would be very disappointing that they're only 3" taller than a regular figure and won't see them as giants. 14" would be the minimum height for me to be able to call them giants.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I think the rotocast-size would be best for both display purposes and cost-effectiveness.

I think Tytus and Megator are cool and all, but I'm not going to plan on saving too much money for them if/when they come out, and the bigger they are, the more they'll cost.

I think as long as they're roughly twice the size of a regular figure, that's big enough to qualify as a giant.