Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tytus comparison size question, which do you prefer?

Hmm... The original giants look weird to me, like the figures were too big for the plastic they were made of. They look too big and don't seem to go with the line. I guess 12" is about the best for them.

I would just be glad to get one, no matter what size.
    Please don't try to contact me thru heman.org about casted parts. That is specifically against there guidelines and out of respect for them don't do it. I rarely visit this site any more anyway so any messages more than likely wont be seen for a month. Facebook is the best way, i check there daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    The Giants of Justice only have the most basic articulation,
    D'oh! I never really took that close of a look at them.

Personally I would think that for them to retain their class of being giants, they should be appropriately huge, in the 18-24 inch range.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like him to be a giant of Celtic legend proportions - big but not too big for humans to fight. Celtic giants would have been roughly ten feet tall, so on a MOTUC figure that would be approximately ten to twelve inches.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Well it looks like he ended up being a little smaller than the mexican bootleg, and slightly taller than the 200X rotocast.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Why is Tytus off scaled compared to the rest of the MOTU classic?
    Accept the unacceptable.

To tell you the truth I wouldn't even have minded if it was the same size as the regular figures. Just to have his characters as a figure would be cool as hell.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I think Tytus is as tall as Battle Cat is long. They're keeping these extra figs simmilarly sized.

I prefers the vintage largest, but is it no problem, Indeed since the new collection is designed to think it is fair to do it a little smaller

so ok we know vintage tytus is 15'5 and how about the tytus classics ?toyguru may we know?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I think the rotocast-size would be best for both display purposes and cost-effectiveness.

I think Tytus and Megator are cool and all, but I'm not going to plan on saving too much money for them if/when they come out, and the bigger they are, the more they'll cost.

I think as long as they're roughly twice the size of a regular figure, that's big enough to qualify as a giant.
    exactly. Real giants in today's world are generally 7' or taller. any bigger would be too much of a stretch imo, and make them way beyond my price range for a single figure.

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    so ok we know vintage tytus is 15'5 and how about the tytus classics ?toyguru may we know?
    I believe tytus is 12". which is big enough for me, given the price these figures cost.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    We already know. The new one is 12"... 1 foot tall. That is what it says on the front of the box.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar

Comparison shots?

Does anyone out there have both the vintage Tytus and the new one yet? I'd like to see a comparison shot. I'll admit I was disappointed when I heard that the new Tytus was smaller then the original (the same way I was disappointed with the 200X scaled MOTUC mini Zoar and Screeech). He should have been about 3x the height of a regular sized MOTUC figure IMO. I'll still be glad to get one if I can someday.

I love the sculpting of the MOTUC Tytus, that's totally awesome!
    It is however disappointing how small the new Tytus is compared to the vintage one.
    The Vintage one is 16" tall for the 5" figures,
    And the MOTUC is only 12" for 7" figures.
    That's 4" smaller for figures that are 2" taller...

Comparison shots from anime hyper detail:

MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Widget
    nice pics. really cool to see all the sizes together.

Comparison shots of Tytus with Battle Cat from SCB:

MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Does anyone out there have both the vintage Tytus and the new one yet? I'd like to see a comparison shot. I'll admit I was disappointed when I heard that the new Tytus was smaller then the original (the same way I was disappointed with the 200X scaled MOTUC mini Zoar and Screeech). He should have been about 3x the height of a regular sized MOTUC figure IMO. I'll still be glad to get one if I can someday.
    I'm not disappointed at all with how the new Tytus looks. looking at the pics of the original, he totally looks like crap to me, and way too big to properly fit in with the rest of the line. It's kind of a good thing he wasn't sold outside of Europe, i guess. He sticks out like a sore thumb just as much as the meteorbs did. and that barbie doll hair didn't help much either....

the new one fits much better with the rest of the figures imo.... and i'm glad they made Zoar & screech the proper size too. i never understood why a bird would be the same size as a tiger. it never made sense to me from day one.
    But then again, for me, the cartoons came first, then the toys & then the minicomics. i never really saw Screech in the toons till the dvd's came out... so yeah i wouldn't mind a larger robotic Screech at some point, but Zoar should remain the size it is imo. only reason the originals were big was because they were originally big jim toys. not sure how the tiger fit a 12'' toyline though. it would have looked too small, so I'm confused on that one.

sure the old tytus was bigger, but imo, that was the only thing it had going for it. an overpriced crappy looking figure that looks nothing like it belongs in a motu toyline... and the original Megator didn't look any better imo.

I am glad they are remaking them both for the motuc line, because those are the only ones i'll ever own. no way in hell would i pay the outrageous price for the originals that are only 4'' taller but look like crappy meal toys imo.

and imo, 3x the height of the 6'' figures would have been way too big & way too expensive, unless you have an unlimited bank account.

As far as I know, tytus & megator were never part of any past motu media, so I'd like to know why everyone thinks they should be so huge. maybe they're only 10 or 12 feet tall, which would make their figures about the right size. are there any minicomics that show them being so big? (not the boxart, because to me that's just an illustration of the product & means nothing)
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    looking at the pics of the original, he totally looks like crap to me, and way too big to properly fit in with the rest of the line. It's kind of a good thing he wasn't sold outside of Europe, i guess. He sticks out like a sore thumb just as much as the meteorbs did. and that barbie doll hair didn't help much either....
    The vintage Tytus in the comparison pictures doesn't come with the headband.
    Here's a picture of a complete Tytus:

Complete Megator:

Size with the other figures:

With the Gigantisaur:

Vintage Tytus is way better. Of course, I'm biased since I owned one and loved that figure so much. What comes to Tytus, for me, bigger is better.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Good comparison pics. Does anyone have both grabber weapons for a comparison as well?

Good comparison pics. Does anyone have both grabber weapons for a comparison as well?
    I have a complete vintage Tytus, but I am waiting for my MOTUC version to arrive so I can do my usual comparison pic. Hopefully tomorrow.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I never understood why MOTUC Tytus was smaller than the vintage one, while all MOTUC figures are actually bigger than the vintage ones.

And I never understood either why Tytus, being the most expensive figure in the line so far, had to be less articulated, while Battlecat and Gygor have more articulations...

I don't get the reason why Tytus's smasher is too big and too heavy for him.

To me, this is just more evidence of Mattel's cheap way of producing toys that are expensive.

But once again, logics stop where Mattel begins...

That group shot posted by Synthalus with the vintage giants towering over Tyrantisaurus Rex shows just how huge the Preternia giant figures were intended to be.

That one picture says better than any essay I could write just why MOTUC Tytus and Megator should be 18".

The thing I want to know is if the MOTUC Megator will be wearing a thong like the vintage one did.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I just realized the Classics grabber is a lot bigger then the Vintage grabber.

Attached Images Attached Images