View Poll Results: Chose the next MOTUC Vision I will draw!

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castaspella

38 11.24%
  • Entrapta

37 10.95%
  • Flutterina

14 4.14%
  • Frosta

80 23.67%
  • Mermista

56 16.57%
  • Netossa

14 4.14%
  • Peekablue

19 5.62%
  • Perfuma

26 7.69%
  • Spinnerella

21 6.21%
  • Sweet Bee

33 9.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next POP MOTUC Vision? You chose!

Next POP MOTUC Vision? You chose!

Better to make this a poll...

With all the antiPOP/ProPOP discussion rampaging on the forum and on facebook, I decided to have a great laugh at the opionions POP cahracters are "lame" and "girlie" (too bad we just found out the Evil Horde was created for the POP cartoon...)
    And since I probably still have a couple of days off, I all about spending some time on a new MOTUC fan design and show everybody how great a POP figure may look in the new line.

But this time, you decide!
    But I don't want the most famous or important (So no Angella or Glimmer!)
    I want to pick the most "girly", "glittery" and whatever-silly-adjective-you-can-stamp-on-her, POP figure.
    Just vote for your favorite, and I will draw her!

For those who don't know what this is about, take a look at my album here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216
    Let's have some fun, She-Ra lovers!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    ENTRAPTA of course.

Resident Horde mucle AND mechanical genius. Doesn't get better than that.

*looks at poll*

Huh?? Perfuma is in the lead?? Well... that would certainly be interesting. Would you give her the unique and special chin that she has? You know, the one that makes her look a lot like Lily Allen.

Movie mayhem!
    Just want to remind people that the point of this is to take the girliest of these characters and see how "Cool" it can be. I mean right?

I get that people really like Frosta... but frosta is a character that is pretty easy to make cool looking. She's very much like many well known comic book characters in powers and design and won't be a figure that disuades guys from being her imo.

Mermista!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Flutterina!!!

Great idea by the way!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    It was a toss up between Perfuma or Spinnerella. they, to me are the girliest of the girly She Ra ladies. and I'd love to see either one of them ... Butched up, or seem like kick ass warrior chicks.

so, alas, I chose Spinnerella. She'd be awesome to see Emiliano-ised.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Perfuma. Even i'm not sure i really want her...I dare you to make her bad ass.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Mermista.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I originally voted Castaspella because she's my favorite PoP character, but now I want to see how you can make Perfuma look cool.

guess i am the only one who wants sweet bee...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Cool idea!

I went with Flutterina. She's not my favorite POP or anything... which is why I chose her. I think she's one of the ones that is the biggest challenge in people's minds.

Some characters, like Enchanta already have a cool look. And Netossa. Am I the only one who thinks Netossa's costume is really cool?

I chose Perfuma as she is a "girly", "glittery" and whatever-silly-adjective-you-can-stamp-on-her, POP figure. As if that is a bad thing.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Perfuma here. Girliest of the girls, I mean come on, she's Perfume in the flesh LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I agree with Optimus Prime, Perfuma is the hardest to make a decent character . I nearly vote Peekablue, but it's so horrible that I can't. I'am fairly pro-PoP, after seeing 21 episodes and having discovered that it's not so girlie as the figures were. With a good redesign you can save half of them.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Emiliano, this is a great idea, I can't wait for some POP figs!

I picked Castaspella. Take a look at her action figure, she could be so cool in MOTUC. Plus she's wearing stockings... (in one version)

Perfuma is on the lead right now!
    This was a kind of an instant poll, so I'll probalby start drawing Perfuma soon (I may not have much time next week). But keep voting, you may decide which one I'll do next!

Also, keep in mind: I'm not going to make Perfuma as a badass warrior :-D
    I had some plan about that when figuring her out for the 2002 series, but is MOTUC, and the rule is to try to do the definitive Perfuma!
    So I'm grabbing Filmation's model sheets, POP Style Guide and my Perfuma figure and heading over to my cintiq... let's see what I can pull out!

The real big challenge is to figure out the action feature.
    I want to keep her in the realm of what is possible in the MOTUC line.
    So maybe a backpack with a closed blossom and a fully blossomed flower that can be swapped?

Dude this is quite difficult! I think all POP characters could work, but the three I feel will go down the least well due to the pink/girly factor will be Perfuma, Flutterina & Sweet Bee. Out of these 3 characters I think Sweet Bee or perfuma would go down worst if Mattel used the classic toy designs. Also looking at the Filmation POP cartoon designs Perfuma & Sweet Bee have the weakest designs in my oppinion as well. My heart has been telling me to choose Sweet Bee, but I just can't get Beana's re-design out of my head, so a tiny part of me does think she could work with a bit of attention (had I not seen Nates re-design I would be choosing her).

I never liked the Filmation flower Maiden with the cabbage on top of her head and the many tallented artists on the org who have tried to re-design her have never won me over either. So my vote in this poll goes to Perfuma. Emiliano if you can make perfuma cool using the pre-existing design elements seen in the classic toy and style guide / Filmation designs you will have pulled off something I never thought was possible.
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 22, 2009 at 06:08am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

my favourite: Casta!
    But of course, I'm looking forward to any poll result.
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Since the winner of this poll has already been chosen, I'd pick Flutterina out of this list as the next in line.

About how long does it take to draw these?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

POP is famous for the long hair the girls have, so I went with the one with the longest - Entrapta!

Not too surprised to see Perfuma winning. Personally I never thought she that much more girly than the others, despite how Filmation depicted her. I kind of saw her as a good version of Poison Ivy from Batman.

I've voted for Perfuma as well, but I was kinda disappointed that Double Trouble wasn't available to vote.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Peekablue!! Should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I've voted for Perfuma as well, but I was kinda disappointed that Double Trouble wasn't available to vote.
    Not enough options available in the poll
    But personally I've never seen Double Trouble as so girlie.
    I wanted something really challenging.

Frosta seems to be the second.. but again I don't think she looked that "bad" originally

I'm working on Perfuma right now.
    I can't really get away from how she was envisioned by Filmation.
    I love the naive, hippie, silly, flower-loving maid she was in the cartoon.
    I don't think at all she was a weak design in the cartoon. Her look perfectly complemented her personality.
    She isn't a warrior. She happens to aid the Rebellion, but she's obviously a pacifist.

I'm also trying to capture Filmation's face.
    The great thing about Filmation character design was that all the female looked so different. As and artist, I can totally tell you that's something not easy to achive at all.
    Fortunately, she's portraied the same in the POP style guide, so maybe that look is availabe to Mattel too.

I voted Castaspella. But I love all POP figures...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

If you are going for girly characters I would go with, Perfuma, Flutterina, Mermista, Spinnerella and maybe Netossa.

Castaspella, Entrapa, Frosta, Sweetbee, and Peekable I think are pretty cool on their own and seem less girly to me.