Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Perfuma

MOTUC Visions: Perfuma

After fans' voting in this thread, here is the newest concept in the MOTUC visions: Perfuma!

I hope people are not too disappointed.
    I never meant to change the character: she was wearing pink and I'm not going to ditch that!

I just mixed toy accessories with the Filmation/POP Styleguide look trying to obrain the ultimate perfuma.
    Quoting myself from the other thread: "I can't really get away from how she was envisioned by Filmation.
    I love the naive, hippie, silly, flower-loving maid she was in the cartoon.
    I don't think at all she was a weak design in the cartoon. Her look perfectly complemented her personality.
    She isn't a warrior. She happens to aid the Rebellion, but she's obviously a pacifist."

I think it was also refreshing going back to MOTU designs after spending almost an year designing toys professionally. (especially since most of them were Transformers! )
    She came out pretty solid to me, I felt more confident of what I wanted to do.
    I really hope to have time to do more in the future!
    As usually, previous concept can be found in my album.

Now onto the pic!

Good gawd Emiliano, you are so talented! She's really something else.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'm really impressed Emiliano! Bravo.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Very cool! I love the belt. I think the alternate flowers and the removable helmet are nice touches too. If we got this figure as is, I do wonder... how would I display her? I might go with no back-pack, but I like how you've given so many options.

Capital work Emil!! She looks amazing!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Really nice paint, but thats so much Barbie like.
    POP > for girlies

Nice drawing, clean and perfect as you always make them , buuut - > it seems to filmationish to me. I mean, I think it's too loyal to the original, it needs a bit more change. In my opinion, I would have give her more plants, a not so bright pink, and the face a biit more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post
    Nice drawing, clean and perfect as you always make them , buuut - > it seems to filmationish to me. I mean, I think it's too loyal to the original, it needs a bit more change. In my opinion, I would have give her more plants, a not so bright pink, and the face a biit more aggressive.
    Perfuma doesn't need to look aggressive but I agree that the pink should be much darker than that to fit with the rest of the line, and add some Faker-like brushing to her dress. Faker's armour was so cool. Why can't we get more of those? Otherwise it's really really IMPRESSIVE!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

That's hilarious and awesome at the same time! Great job! I'd buy that figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't take this the wrong way because you've done an amazing job; however, I would not buy such a figure and if Matty were to start selling such figures, I'd likely stop collecting the line. She looks like a Barbie action figure, and that's not a theme I wish to have in my MOTU collection.

Okay, the flower girl made it! Really nice!
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

WOW! Great work! I love her!! I would buy two

Quote Originally Posted by smplsimon View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way because you've done an amazing job; however, I would not buy such a figure and if Matty were to start selling such figures, I'd likely stop collecting the line. She looks like a Barbie action figure, and that's not a theme I wish to have in my MOTU collection.
    I still don't get you guys.
    Why you should stop collecting? Can't you just avoid buying this specific figure?
    And what has she do with Barbie?
    She has blonde hair and pink vest. Does Barbie have the TM on blonde hair and pink clothes?
    If you see a woman with blonde hair and a pink shirt, do you think she looks like barbie?

That's a gorgeous drawing. She could probably battle Stinkor.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I still don't get you guys.
    Why you should stop collecting? Can't you just avoid buying this specific figure?
    And what has she do with Barbie?
    She has blonde hair and pink vest. Does Barbie have the TM on blonde hair and pink clothes?
    If you see a woman with blonde hair and a pink shirt, do you think she looks like barbie?
    Okay, I grew up in California and I can say that I've seen my fair share of blonds in pink clothing but don't always assosiate them with Barbie just a blonde bimbo. But ever since Paris Hilton it's more of the fake platinum blonde with a small dog in her handbag I can't stand . But I used to consider She-Ra to be Mattel's Barbie with a sword. I don't really see it that way anymore .

Anyway I love what you did with Purfuma, I'd consider her a challenge to make interesting as an action figure and not a half figure half doll like the old line. I wouldn't see her as an active combatant either, though I can envision her subduing Horde Troopers in a tangle of vines were they to invade her forest until She-Ra arrives.

BTW: Great interview you did on Greyskull Chronicles !
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Emiliano, I really love this! Perfuma was my second favorite POP character, and I think you've done a beautiful job of melding the two version together. I love the customized shield with the rose on it. I love the removable belt with seed pack. I love the had and the headband and how you've maintained the flower backpack.

I really hope they make a Perfuma figure like this for the MOTUC line. She is different and unique, and I think would make it a much more diverse collection.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Great job! I like the mixing of the costumes. I love the belt/pouch. the sheild design is great. I'd ditch the flower hat & like the face/hair to be more like the figure but thats just my personal veiw. Nothing to do with the great job you've done on her.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Excellent!
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    She looks great, Emil. Just like she should. I have the old Perfuma, but I don't find her an integral character for MOTUC. If they decide to make her I'll ABSOLUTELY get her. She's an interesting and very powerful character. I could care less if she wears pink, flowers, etc. That's WHO SHE IS!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome job as always!!

Wow, Emiliano. Between these Perfuma and the Sorceress designs, you could give the 4 Horsemen a run for their money.

Wake up, Mattel, and hire this man!!!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Great job man!! Now according to the poll, as of now, Castaspella is next!!! go! go! go!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

That is such a beautiful design, Emil. I hope Mattel are watching this. I hope this is the look perfuma gets even in figure form!
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Great design! I like it!
    To infinity, and beyond!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome Perfuma Emiliano!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!