Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

A few questions:

1. How do you think MotUC Rattlor/The General would be? 2 different figures - a regular one and a bonus? 1 figure with 2 swappable heads?

2. The original Rattlor had a "rattle sound" action feature. Should Mattel replicate this in MotUC since it's basically just a couple of plastic beads in Rattlor's body?

3. How do you want the tail to be? Soft plastic? Hard attachment? Detachable so that he can sit?

4. Do you think we'll get yellow neck and red neck variants? Do you want this to be included as "multiple heads"?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Novelty; November 24, 2009 at 10:56am. Reason: Added Q4
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    A few questions:

1. How do you think MotUC Rattlor/The General would be? 2 different figures - a regular one and a bonus? 1 figure with 2 swappable heads?

2. The original Rattlor had a "rattle sound" action feature. Should Mattel replicate this in MotUC since it's basically just a couple of plastic beads in Rattlor's body?

3. How do you want the tail to be? Soft plastic? Hard attachment? Detachable so that he can sit?

Discuss.
    200X Rattlor rattled too.

MOTUC Rattlor will probably be vintage Rattlor with 2 heads, one normal, the other extended.

But can The General and Rattlor be different characters? I think they can pull it off, since they are so different. You can't throw the general's armor on vintage Rattlor and blend the two.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I hope they put the rattle into the end of his tail like the 200X figure. That was a very cool touch.

I expect he'll be like all the other figures we've seen thus far- vintage style with some subtle 200X influences. I don't think we'll get 2 versions, and I hope they leave out the armour The General had.

I don't really see much of a need for him to be done either way. Sculpt his head as a mix of both version, add removable armor and he's done. The only thing necessary is a detachable extrended neck.

I don't care too much about his rattle sound, so I can live without it. If most fans want that feature, I'm fine with it, though.

I want it to be bendable.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; November 24, 2009 at 06:50am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I want it to be bendable.
    LOL, bend it for Reilly
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

A few questions:

One fig by taking the best of both worlds. Removable chest armor/shoulderpads so vintage fans can have a rattlor closer to their version and 200X fans can have their general.

I can live without the rattling body. Now a rattling tail on the other hand... now that I'd like.

soft material with a wire inside so it can be bendy. (Not abnormally tough wire like Marvel Legends' Blackheart.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I agree with most here. Make it a blend of 80s and 200x. the extended head is key to the figure. When they do it for Mekaneck it will work for Rattlor/The General. I just want a snakeman sooner than later.

The two can't be mixed without one set of fans being upset. The General is wearing far too much to pass as a vintage Rattlor, while the vintage fans wouldn't want the 200X arm and leg armor on their Classic Rattlor.

They can either make a hybrid version or make one character Rattlor and release a redeco Rattlor as The General.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 24, 2009 at 09:35am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The two can't be mixed without one set of fans being upset.
    Always with you what cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

Leave the negativity to us qualified professionals, MGM. We who souls swim in darkness.

Besides, you can't please everyone all the time. Heck, you can't even please all of the people some of the time.

But you are right, two figures would be best.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 24, 2009 at 10:09am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

A hybrid would be best. Turning one character into two different ones should be left to the figures with MAJOR differences between 80s and 200x. A few minor armor piers doesn't qualify, IMO.

Rattlor should be done classic style, with a few nods to the new design in terms of detail. As for the new armor, they could always sell it with a weapons pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Rattlor should be done classic style, with a few nods to the new design in terms of detail. As for the new armor, they could always sell it with a weapons pack!
    A weapons pack will only have items that have already been released.

why not just make the wrist, leg and crest armor all removeable, that way you can display it they way you want to.

That picture from MGM reminds me, does anyone think it'll be overkill with yellow neck and red neck variants?
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The two can't be mixed without one set of fans being upset. The General is wearing far too much to pass as a vintage Rattlor, while the vintage fans wouldn't want the 200X arm and leg armor on their Classic Rattlor.
    Okay, check this out. Seriously. This is going to BLOW YOUR MIND! You aren't going to believe how awesomely this very, very simple concept will completely eliminate the issue at hand. Are you ready? Have your braced yourself? I hope you have, because otherwise you will fly right though the roof!

The solution to this is.....

REMOVABLE ARMOR!!!!

Yes, make his main armor and arm/leg bands removable, and this completely solves the 200X vs. Vintage issue that you bring up here!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Eh, I'm not attached to the arm and leg guards. I think making a classic version with removeable armor would be perfect, and I can't imagine that so many people would be ticked that he wouldn't sell. Make some folks angry, I say. Who cares? It's never enough to kill the line. It's too awesome.

In any case, I like classic Rattlor's design better; he's kinda long and, ya know, snake-like, while the 200X version is more of a huge beefy guy. I think the armor would look awesome on classic Rattlor, and if it's removeable, you've got the bases covered well enough.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The Snake Men are definitely one of the factions that I'm really looking forward the most. As for Geneal Rattlor, I think he will come with 2 heads (1 normal and the other extended) as for the look itself , I love the original but I have admit that the 200X version is more appealing. Hopefully Mattel will make an awesome figure based on the original with some improvements out of the 200X style, like the armor, hands and feet.

As for the tail I would like that figures such as Whiplash and the snake men, would have them made of a kind or rubbery plastic that it could be posable (maybe with a kind of wire inserted inside it), and not just a piece of plastic/rubber that it's just there hanging. I know that probably this won't hapen but dreaming isn't hard

That picture from MGM reminds me, does anyone think it'll be overkill with yellow neck and red neck variants?
    i think the only way that would work is if they do him like He-ro. Have one color sold at SDCC and the other color sold on Matty. Or just make a random number of each and just randomly sell them

I think it would be overkill if the have a rattlor and a general. If they would do that then you would need to have 2 kobra khans. Since the 200x kahn is a descendent and that will for sure be overkill. the can just put on the tag line on the package. Rattlor - General of the Snake Men

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Okay, check this out. Seriously. This is going to BLOW YOUR MIND! You aren't going to believe how awesomely this very, very simple concept will completely eliminate the issue at hand. Are you ready? Have your braced yourself? I hope you have, because otherwise you will fly right though the roof!

The solution to this is.....

REMOVABLE ARMOR!!!!

Yes, make his main armor and arm/leg bands removable, and this completely solves the 200X vs. Vintage issue that you bring up here!
    There was no vs issue here. I said make Rattlor and The General two separate characters.

The body armor should definitely be removable, but I'm skeptical about the removable arm and leg armor. It might work...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    I think it would be overkill if the have a rattlor and a general. If they would do that then you would need to have 2 kobra khans. Since the 200x kahn is a descendent and that will for sure be overkill. the can just put on the tag line on the package. Rattlor - General of the Snake Men
    I think they can get away with it since they are so different!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 24, 2009 at 11:51am.

Please no General Rattlor.
    Its (General) KING HISSS.
    Rattlor must be just a Snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Please no General Rattlor.
    Its (General) KING HISSS.
    Rattlor must be just a Snake.
    King Hiss is the king, Rattlor is his general or warlord.

Oh, you mean for Classic Rattlor to be just a thug like in the 80's, no rank? Kewl. More of a case for two separate rattlesnake characters. Maybe Rattlor can be The General's offspring.

Thanks MGM, that's the picture of Rattlor I want. With those colors he would be a perfect MotuC-figure.

What comes for "General" I must say skip him completly. 80's Rattlor with removable armor... ..I'm skeptical it would look good. General to be a new character.. not a fan of that either.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I think making them 2 different characters a great idea!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The body armor should definitely be removable, but I'm skeptical about the removable arm and leg armor. It might work...
    I don't see how else they would do it. Man-at-Arms had removable armor and it turned out well.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    They are both the same character though. I still don't understand why his package is called The General though.

Anyway, the only thing they need to do really is do a classic of him, but give him the body armor from the 2002 design, along with the more snake-like face.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.