Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

I think would be great to have two separate guys for it. More figures for each faction the better....

I don't know. It seems to me that they could combine the two just fine. So long as all of the armor was removable, which seems totally possible. Both Gygor and Man-at-Arms have removable arm and leg armor,, so why couldn't Rattlor? And they could come up with a middle ground for the head design.

I would like him to be two characters if for nothing more than to flesh out the snakemen, there just aren't enough of them.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by tyr112 View Post
    I don't know. It seems to me that they could combine the two just fine. So long as all of the armor was removable, which seems totally possible. Both Gygor and Man-at-Arms have removable arm and leg armor,, so why couldn't Rattlor? And they could come up with a middle ground for the head design.
    My sentiments exactly!

I want more snakemen, but I like Rattlor as The General. Bring on the army-builders!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well i am beter the Whiplash busk will be used for Rattlor since w.o the armor the Whiplash buck makes a great snake body. They can even attach his tail in the same way and put a rattle in there.

I am sure he will have removable armor just like grizzlor.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd really like a second 200x head & removable armor. to be vintage have a longer loin cloth for that pre Eternia look.

I'm just fine with a "classic" inspired MOTUC Rattlor, If they use some of that vintage art as inspiration he's going to turn out awesome. I'm no more interested in a 2k General variant than I am a 2k Sorceress, or King Hiss. I understand introducing 2k characters that aren't already appearing in MOTUC like Marzo or Evilseed, but I have no interest in collecting a bunch of 2k variants of every figure, that would essentially look like the 2k figure collection I already own?

I agree that getting both versions of Rattlor are possible on one body- just make the armor, gauntlets, and shinguard removable. I built this mock up on the hiss body- just a few new parts are needed.

That is awesome Steph! Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What status does the General diminish? Vintage Rattlor was only a thug.
    I was referring more to Rattlor's standing in the motu community. For example, would vintage fans be happy that Rattlor has a superior to take orders from in the form of the General?
    Maybe I'm wrong though...

Personally I'm perfectly fine with two seperate characters...the more figures the better, and there is a justification for it, imo, two have two characters.
    But the fans, oh, the fans.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Well, the two look so different from one another they could esily be made into two distinct figures/characters.
    Heck, they dont even have the same name...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I agree that getting both versions of Rattlor are possible on one body- just make the armor, gauntlets, and shinguard removable. I built this mock up on the hiss body- just a few new parts are needed.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1284859790

I think that works very well. While I'm not strictly opposed to the idea of them being 2 separate characters (and by extension released as 2 separate figures), it does seem rather unneccesary to me when one figure can do the job of both representations just fine.

It also depends on which representation of 200X Rattlor we are using as a reference point.

The differences between the 80s figure and the 200X incarnation seem more drastic when using images from the MYP cartoon (like the ones that MegaGear Max posted). This is largely because the MYP cartoon incarnation is completely missing the blue and yellow stripes from his arms and legs.

However, those stripes were very much present on the 200X figure, as seen here in the He-Man.org action figure archives:

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=445

The stripes probably weren't included in the cartoon because they would have likely just been a pain to animate. They otherwise likely would have been included.

So really, the biggest difference is pretty much his head and the armor. And I'm really not expecting him to be a figure that comes with 2 heads after the issues that Mattel had with Whiplash's 200X head. Any other differences between them are really more minor details, which I'm sure in the case of the 200X version will fall under the category of "hyper anime detail" and wouldn't be used anyway.

Removable armor seems to be the way to go to me.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 20, 2010 at 12:30pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It also depends on which representation of 200X Rattlor we are using as a reference point.

The differences between the 80s figure and the 200X incarnation seem more drastic when using images from the MYP cartoon (like the ones that MegaGear Max posted). This is largely because the MYP cartoon incarnation is completely missing the blue and yellow stripes from his arms and legs.
    I know! That's why I used MYP's General as a visual reference point to show that this could be somebody else entirely. He's orange, big and is wearing armor--things that the vintage Rattlor lacks.

The 200X figure is normal Rattlor with armor and hyper anime detail.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Could Rattlor and the General be two different characters like Zodac/Zodak?

If Classic Rattlor is staying true to the original look and isn't wearing any armor, could he be an altogether different character from the (orange scaled in the MYP cartoon) armor wearing character "The General" from 200X, but in the Classic style?

Does this guy...

(Click on link to see pictures)

...translate into this guy?

(Click on link to see pictures)

Would this be another Zodac/Zodak case?

Keep reading the bio and you'll get your answer!
    I find this answer to be pretty interesting...surely TG wouldn't have said that if there wasn't going to be a difference?
    I don't have much interest in the vintage snake men. MYP Rattlor, on the other hand, would interest me. They could have made a hybrid version with the armor and two heads, but with no more 200x heads it gives an opportunity to sell two different looking figures. Maybe vintage Rattlor could be the General's son?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I find this answer to be pretty interesting...surely TG wouldn't have said that if there wasn't going to be a difference?
    I know...he would have just shot it down if General Rattlor would have been the Vintage version with removable armor or questioned it like he did with 200X King Hsss and MYP Roboto.

This is an opportunity to make a new Snake Man character.

I don't have much interest in the vintage snake men. MYP Rattlor, on the other hand, would interest me. They could have made a hybrid version with the armor and two heads, but with no more 200x heads it gives an opportunity to sell two different looking figures. Maybe vintage Rattlor could be the General's son?
    I was thinking that! Sorta like how Vintage Rattlor is the general's son, but he's nowhere near the Snake Man that his father is.

Why do you like MYP Rattlor? You like how the Snake Men were handled in MYP?

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I know! That's why I used MYP's General as a visual reference point to show that this could be somebody else entirely. He's orange, big and is wearing armor--things that the vintage Rattlor lacks.

The 200X figure is normal Rattlor with armor and hyper anime detail.
    But you are making it sound like the 200X figure and the 200X cartoon are drastically different from each other when they really aren't

The cartoon version simply lacks the stripes of the toy, and he has more of an orang-ish color than red-ish color. To say that the 200X figure is just the old toy with armor and "hyper anime detail" (basically marginalizing the differences between the old and new figures), but to then say that the additional minor differences between the 200X toy and 200X cartoon (which for the most part were likely due to keeping the animiation a bit more simple) make the 200X cartoon version a completely different character from the old toy is a bit of a stretch. I do see where you are coming from to a certain extent, but it is a stretch.

It also just seems kind of funny and ironic to me for any 200X fans to be championing for the stripless Rattlor ala the 200X cartoon. I mean, while it varies from fan to fan and most fans (yourself included), have come to terms with the fact that anything 200X-based that is included in the line will be toned-down in terms of detail, the basic goal has seemed to be to keep things as true to their 200X roots as possible (including keeping as much detail as is reasonably possible). To basically be champoining for a stripe-less Rattlor (i.e. a less detailed version in that respect) as the basis for a MOTUC 200X incarnation of him (despite there being a more detailed, striped version included in 200X, which wouldn't constitute "hyper anime detail" since the original figure had the same stripes) just seems ironic to me.

I mean no offense by that. Personal preference is just that.. personal preference. If you happen to want an orangish stripeless Rattlor, that's your perogative. Like I said earlier, I am not necessarily opposed to the 2 versions becoming 2 separate characters... I just don't consider it necessary.

If they make one figure with removable armor, I'm fine with that. If they make 2 separate figures, that's fine as well (I am actually partial to the 200X face/head, so in all honesty the one saving grace to having him become 2 separate characters would be if that version would bare a greater resemblence to his 200X face), but I can live without it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I was thinking that! Sorta like how Vintage Rattlor is the general's son, but he's nowhere near the Snake Man that his father is.
    Yeah, they could do anything if they went down this road. Another scenario could be that Rattlor is a good warrior, but can't live up to his father's expectations (like how he always disses Kobra Khan no matter how efficient he is, lol)

Why do you like MYP Rattlor? You like how the Snake Men were handled in MYP?
    hmm, well I never really knew of the snake men before I saw the MYP show. They were released long after I had stopped playing with the toys, so that cartoon was really my first exposure to them. I thought Rattlor was a pretty decent villain, somehow regal and dastardly at the same time.
    There's nothing wrong with the vintage Rattlor, but I have no nostalgic connection so visually he looks like a bit of a downgrade to me in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    But you are making it sound like the 200X figure and the 200X cartoon are drastically different from each other when they really aren't
    Shhh!!!! I know that, and you know that, but Mattel doesn't know that!:hmlol:

The cartoon version simply lacks the stripes of the toy, and he has more of an orang-ish color than red-ish color. To say that the 200X figure is just the old toy with armor and "hyper anime detail" (basically marginalizing the differences between the old and new figures), but to then say that the additional minor differences between the 200X toy and 200X cartoon (which for the most part were likely due to keeping the animiation a bit more simple) make the 200X cartoon version a completely different character from the old toy is a bit of a stretch. I do see where you are coming from to a certain extent, but it is a stretch.
    I know...but keeping the General red with the Rattlor stripes just makes that character Rattlor with hyper anime detail. Taking those elements away gives us a new Snake Man, while the vintage Rattlor keeps those elements. We also have personalities backing up the two separate designs. In the minicomics and She-Ra TV series, Rattlor is portrayed mostly as Tung Lashor's sidekick, whereas his 2002 portrayal, he is King Hiss' direct second-in-command. I think that vintage Rattlor wearing the General armor would look as awkward as vintage Grizzlor wearing his 200X loincloth and weapons.

It also just seems kind of funny and ironic to me for any 200X fans to be championing for the stripless Rattlor ala the 200X cartoon. I mean, while it varies from fan to fan and most fans (yourself included), have come to terms with the fact that anything 200X-based that is included in the line will be toned-down in terms of detail, the basic goal has seemed to be to keep things as true to their 200X roots as possible (including keeping as much detail as is reasonably possible). To basically be champoining for a stripe-less Rattlor (i.e. a less detailed version in that respect) as the basis for a MOTUC 200X incarnation of him (despite there being a more detailed, striped version included in 200X, which wouldn't constitute "hyper anime detail" since the original figure had the same stripes) just seems ironic to me.
    It's not lost on me either. Making sacrificing detail to get a particular representation of a character into Classic is a pretty regular thing in Classicizing 200X characters.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 20, 2010 at 02:43pm.

My preference is one Rattlor only packed with extra armor so he can be displayed either as an enslaved servant of the Horde from POP, vintage figure or as his 200x appearance.

However, I am all for snake men army builders and if they chose to make an orange skinned General snake warrior then that would be cool also.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm all for separate characters, but if they only do one, Rattlor, he'd better have removable armor!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Really? Two versions of Rattlor? I think that's completely unnecessary.

I also think "The General" was a pretty dumb name that they were forced to use because of the copyright lapse. That name should be left for 200X. Removable armor is fine for MOTUC if they even do that. He doesn't really even need to be called "General" Rattlor either. That qualification could be just bio information. Knowing the trends in MOTUC, he'll just be Rattlor.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up for the "General" version. Then again, they did do Zodak so what do I know ...

The mock-up looks great, but I expect a completely different head design closer to the original (e.g. looking into the sky).

I really hope his head doesn't look as goofy as the original, I would much prefer a style guide type one, and some removable 200x armour and/or loin-cloth would be really sweet. If they have to call him The General on the card I hope they can use Rattlor has his real name on the back, I don't want two separate figures.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I also not want them be two different characters. They`re too similar for me.

Another thing is Camo Khan for me: I hope, if he comes out, he will be part of the current Snakemen.

I΄M in for new Snakemen, but if Blast Attack and Camo Khan would join them, There would be 8 Snakemen instead of 6.

Not to mention the generic snake soldiers as army builders.

We need a mock up of the vintage Rattlor wearing 200X armor.