Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

So, now we know what complete Rattlor will look like.

Since the image will be removed from Matty, I uploaded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse025390a.jpg
    I normally throw most the 200x stuff in the box and go vintage with a few exceptions. This time I will be eagerly awaiting that armor. After seeing him like this, he feels naked without it. (I love the vintage head and coloring though!)

I find it a totally un-needed add-on myself for the character of Rattlor. I hardly think it "completes" him. However, if this appeared in a Weapons Pak down the road I'd be happy to have it to put on a second Rattlor to use as a later look for the same character. Maybe for the Ultimate Battleground or something. I like it on him way more than I like it on 200X Rattlor.

I really like how they integrated the colors of him so well.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    We NEED that armor!
    At least put it in a weapons pack...
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; October 3, 2012 at 01:27am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Maybe we could get some snap on shin guards and bracers (a la Vykron) along with the armor to complete the 200X Rattlor look? Should be more practical than making a "The General" variant down the line, I would think.
    Wolfman Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    We NEED that armor!
    At least put it in a weapons pack...

It'll defiantly be in a future WP in my opinion. It's already sculpted and Mattel is going to hit a home run with these packs starting in October if you asked me.

They're probably wondering why they didn't start this kinda thing sooner rather then later by implementing these extras in a whole separate pack at an extra cost.

Even if it were cost effective to add it with the figure from the start it only makes sense from their point of view to tell you that it wasn't so that they could get you to buy a whole extra item instead of adding it to a figure that you were going to buy in the first place for the same price.

While partially true, expect to hear the whole "that item was cut due to cost" on a regular basis now as they have realized that they have another outlet on their hands to sell them via the pack.

Not only do they ultimately give the fans what they want for the most part, but they end up making extra money while doing it rather then including every accessory with each and every figure from the get go.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; October 3, 2012 at 02:00am.

Court Magician
    I didn't really care about that armor until they showed a picture of it. Why does Matty keep putting out pictures with accessories they're not including with the figures?!?!?! Argh.

Add me to the list that would buy a weapons pack that contained that armor. Also kind of wondering if it might look better if the color of the shoulder pads matched the belt. Either way, I want that armor.

It actually looks pretty good on him... I wonder what that would look like with a Horde emblem instead of the snake face...

Heh imagine if this were the free gift to subbers for the Frosta debacle...
    Last edited by oICEMANo; October 3, 2012 at 03:05am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    If you make a comparison between THAT armor and the 200x armor, you'll actually see that the armor featured on Matty has a green snake head in the center of the harness that's much wider than the 200X version, so this mean that A MOTUC RATTLOR'S HARNESS WAS PLANNED, AND HAS BEEN MADE (at least for the prototype, that is). For the comparison, go tho this page and look closely at the pictures : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-on-Matty-Ad!

Now, maybe we'll see it in the next weapons pack, maybe it will be the "compensation gift" for Frosta's reversed forearms, or maybe we'll never see it at all (just like Grizzlor's second face). But I personally think this armor will be released one way or the other at some point...
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 3, 2012 at 03:59am.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I think Rattlors armour will be the 'free gift Frosta apology' item
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Meh, my Rattlor is a tough battle ready, bloodthirsty killer - he doesn't need any gaudy snake armor - his chest scales are tough enough.

I won't lose any sleep if we never get this armor.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I agree the armor really completes him. Hope we can get it included with another figure are weapons Pak
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    It's too much for an apology, you'll see the gift will add insult to injury.
    It'll be somethin' like that I posted here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3130536
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Rattlor Armor: Weapons Pak Armor vs MYP Variant

Here's a suggestion...

Rattlor with his armor and no bracers and boots is like putting a chest harness on Oo-Lar and calling it a He-Man figure.

Instead of only putting the armor in a future Weapons Pak, make a non-sub variant using existing parts for those of us who would pay for a MYP Rattlor. By using the Snake Man-At-Arms and Battleground Evil-Lyn treatment, you get to re-use that nearly 100% Rattlor buck again, instead of never re-using it again.

This doesn't have to be an immediate thing, but a suggestion.

Doing this would require a new sku and at this point we are going to use every sku we can to maximize characters. While we do want to find a way to release the armor one day, doing an all new Rattlor isn't as likely.
    ....there you have it.

I tried.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The armor looks GREAT! That is the reason why I plan to buy extra Rattlor

Btw. did you notice that in the picture with armor Rattlor's staff has gold stripes on the snake's back? I was hoping to see this as King Hsss has different color applied on his staff too for the stripes ... but according to the review video and pics it looks like this is again a paint application they removed because of the cost. Aarrgghh!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The armor completes the figure, never liked the naked look, armor is mostly part of a MOTU figure...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ....there you have it.

I tried.
    i don't want the different colour but the bracers etc look GREAT! don't get me wrong I'm sold on the classics rattlor but the extra armour pieces work very well.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

You know, I doubt that this ad pic was a mistake,I believe they are trying to create a hype around these acessories only to sell then in a weapons pack in the future.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    You know, I doubt that this ad pic was a mistake,I believe they are trying to create a hype around these acessories only to sell then in a weapons pack in the future.
    Maybe you're right. The demand for this Weapons Pak differs from the past ones. Maybe it's Mattel's new method to make sure, those Weapons Paks sell well.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    dude,that's the first thing i thought about when they evocated a free gift for Frosta's fiasco!

....there you have it.

I tried.
    I figured a whole new Rattlor variant would be a longshot, but maybe they could include the shin guards and bracers as snap/strap/slip on pieces along with the chest harness? They could sculpt them to match the stone texture and look of the shoulder pads as well. It would mean more tooling, but it would look fantastic AND save them an SKU for another character if they slip the whole set in with another weapon's pack or a cheaper to produce character.
    Wolfman Jake

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    absolutey! we saw it coming,first with Keldor swords, Duncan gun...
    then was introduced "the supa Strobo gun" we also hear about a never seen before weapon
    for skelly these days (mini comics issue #3)
    it's no wonder another business is on the grill...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse025390a.jpg
    Wow, I need that armor on him now. *sigh*

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    ....there you have it.

I tried.
    That doesn't sound like the Heroic Master of 200X to me...accepting defeat so easily.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That doesn't sound like the Heroic Master of 200X to me...accepting defeat so easily.

Like the rest of us, he's bought some paints & a hair-dryer.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!