Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

I gotta say, this gives me hope for getting that armor sooner than later since this 'mistake' just seems...off to me. Maybe this is the Frosta gift, or maybe it's just going to be packed in with someone soon.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I don't want a 200X Rattlor variant. I just want the armor in a weapon pak. And I want to be able to get it even though I am not a subscriber.

It won't be the Frosta gift; that's for sure. It's going to be like the Slimer figure for GB fans or the Indivisible Keldor Sword. That is: it will be something you can live without because it is not the only way to get something similar.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That doesn't sound like the Heroic Master of 200X to me...accepting defeat so easily.
    Normally, I would keep fighting for it's inclusion...but that's when the line was healthy with quarterly variants. I guess from that answer, even the traveling exclusive will be some long asked for character.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So, now we know what complete Rattlor will look like.

Since the image will be removed from Matty, I uploaded it.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse025390a.jpg
    I like him better with the armour and the colours make him look more venomous.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Maybe you're right. The demand for this Weapons Pak differs from the past ones. Maybe it's Mattel's new method to make sure, those Weapons Paks sell well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    absolutey! we saw it coming,first with Keldor swords, Duncan gun...
    then was introduced "the supa Strobo gun" we also hear about a never seen before weapon
    for skelly these days (mini comics issue #3)
    it's no wonder another business is on the grill...
    And I didn't even know about that Skeletor weapon, as I don't have the mini-comic yet and as I think the story is terrible I didn't look the the spoiler thread either,but with Strobo's gun and Snake-face's staff we already have four for the 2013 weapons pack.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    Stinks that his weapon lost paint apps too. He would have looked amazing with all that on him!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Definately bummed about the armor. I just wish Matty would think ahead and maybe NOT show or tell us about something that is being "canceled" or "dropped". Poor ole Snake Men. Rattlor is naked and Snake Face may be weaponless. Hopefully we get these items sooner than later.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Like the rest of us, he's bought some paints & a hair-dryer.
    ...because a Classics fan is naked without them. Damn you, Morbo!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I don't like the Vintage head with the 200x armor. It just looks really weird to me. I'd love to have a more stylize head to go with the armor.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to have a more stylize head to go with the armor.
    I guess some of the Snakemen Warriors head(s) might please you, then...

I just found another picture of Rattlor in his armour. Got it from Ebay.

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

That's from the fwoosh

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Ah, hadn't seen their review yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Definately bummed about the armor. I just wish Matty would think ahead and maybe NOT show or tell us about something that is being "canceled" or "dropped". Poor ole Snake Men. Rattlor is naked and Snake Face may be weaponless. Hopefully we get these items sooner than later.
    I'm more than happy to see these things. We all knew by now that it existed and that we weren't getting it so IMO there's no harm in seeing it. In fact, I'd rather see it even if we never get it - much like Grizzlor's face plate.

I get peeved when something is shown and then dropped (like Draego Man's weapons or stinkor's paint apps), but this is different.

That all being said, I really want Rattlor's armor. He looks incomplete without it.

Heroic Warrior
    That's the armor from the 200x Rattlor not the Classics produced armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I just found another picture of Rattlor in his armour. Got it from Ebay.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...fbeelding1.png

This is the response I got from Scott on Matty forums..

keldor5579
    Matty Member
    Posted October 03, 2012 05:15 PM
    You know you saw it, and so did we. So the question is, was this a ploy to get us in an uproar for a new weapons pack item, or is this going to be included with the figure when it ships with the sub?

Thanks for the reply!

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme

Posted October 03, 2012 07:18 PM Hide Post
    Neither. Here is what happened.

When the photo department shot him, somehow they had two stalves (he only comes with one) and they shot him holding both. We sent him back for a new shoot but in the meantime the digital team went into the Rattlor file for a sale image and the only image in there was a shot of the prototype (that included the armor which was later cut after the deco costs came back higher) since Rattlor was still being reshot with only one stalve.

So an incorrect image was breifly put up on the promo page. It is already swapped out. For the record the armor is not Included and we will be sure the actual sale page has a correct image so you know what you are buying!
    Last edited by Keldor5579; October 3, 2012 at 10:50pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Is stalve a word I am not aware of or is he trying with no small amount of failure to say staff?

Staves is the plural of staff...
    strange how L is nowhere near those letters on a keyboard
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Stranger still that a single staff is refered to as a single stalve.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    But c'mon Nate. In all fairness Snake Face comes with two heads (two awesome heads btw), and removable snakes/chest plates. Granted, it's most likely not going to include that ubiquitous caduceus staff (or stalve as Scott kept calling it in his recent 'Ask Matty' reply) that we'll already have several times by the time Matty gets around to ol' Snake Face, but who has two thumbs and can easily live w/out that thing... again - THIS GUY!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    But c'mon Nate. In all fairness Snake Face comes with two heads (two awesome heads btw), and removable snakes/chest plates. Granted, it's most likely not going to include that ubiquitous caduceus staff (or stalve as Scott kept calling it in his recent 'Ask Matty' reply) that we'll already have several times by the time Matty gets around to ol' Snake Face, but who has two thumbs and can easily live w/out that thing... again - THIS GUY!
    Hey I agree. Snake Face and Rattlor are awesome! Rattlor does NOT need the armor, but Snake Face DOES need his stalve. (lol) He is AMAZING and I will still buy him, but c'mon... No snake staff for Snake Face is like no Horde Crossbow for Mantenna. Its just not riiiiiiight!
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So, now we know what complete Rattlor will look like.

Since the image will be removed from Matty, I uploaded it.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse025390a.jpg
    Thanks for uploading the picture!

Nah.. he's much better without the armor, snake-men don't need them.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Think Rattlor should have shorter legs and longer torso?

I do. The paint job and sculpt are great, but one of the things I liked most about Rattlor as a kid is that his sculpt was unique with the longer torso and shorter legs. I wanted to reserve judgement until I had him in hand, but I still feel the same way. Though they came later in the line, Rattlor and Tung Lashor were some of the best designs of the line, with great color schemes and new sculpted bucks. And the 200X version stuck with the same proportions. I'm certain this was a cost cut because they wanted to use his legs for the army builder snakemen, I just wish they hadn't. Anyhow, just wanted to know if anyone felt the same way. Not sure if this was already discussed in other threads.

They moved my original thread here. And it looks like the longer legs only bothered a few others
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Shorter legs would have been better for nostalgia but he was already a highly tooled figure as is. If it was something like a parts swap
    :cough cough: snake face then it would be more feasable.
    Last edited by King Criss79; October 17, 2012 at 12:40am.