Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    He came out perfectly. I would even consider MATTEL to release General Rattlor as a separate character with a different head, armor and a slightly toned down paint job.
    I think this might work, much the same as they did with Zodac and Zodak. Rattlor and The General just look way too different from one another. Rattlor…well…looks like a snake. The General looks like a dinosaur.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I agree with you guys! We should see the General, he is far more menacing. I like Rattlor it is very classic but I think he is like naked, may be I am very 200x biased! I really like the snake harness

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    For once.. I agree with you 200x invaders. Rattlor and the general could be 2 different characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Check out Rattlor's bio in the New Bios thread! It answers some questions....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I just wish he had shorter legs like the vintage Rattlor. His legs just seem too long and he seems a little off to me

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Check out Rattlor's bio in the New Bios thread! It answers some questions....
    I'm wondering if they're going to play up the Horde connection with Rattlor, will they do the same for Tung Lashor? Which kinda worries me, but maybe unnecessarily. They didn't go with the POP rendition of Rattlor (just that they included nods to the stories in the bio), so maybe Lashor will also just be an updated version of his original toy (which I hope to god doesn't have Frog legs and feet and has a head more in keeping with the Snakemen guards).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

Rattlor's Armor

The issue of General Rattlor not getting armor has been a big concern of mine. Now seeing Rattlor not getting the armor or a second head has pushed me to act so that something can be done before its to late. I'm sure others feel the same.
    The armor is an important piece that distinguishes him as a General & separates his look from the generic snake men.
    If not an extra 200x head please consider the 200x armor.
    Isn't MOTUC all about having different display options? I can understand not getting a 200x head because it is retired, but is it to much to ask for his armor?
    He looks a little naked without it.

Can we please get the armor for Rattlor? Who is with me?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    The issue of General Rattlor not getting armor has been a big concern of mine. Now seeing Rattlor not getting the armor or a second head has pushed me to act so that something can be done before its to late. I'm sure others feel the same.
    The armor is an important piece that distinguishes him as a General & separates his look from the generic snake men.
    If not an extra 200x head please consider the 200x armor.
    Isn't MOTUC all about having different display options? I can understand not getting a 200x head because it is retired, but is it to much to ask for his armor?
    He looks a little naked without it.

Can we please get the armor for Rattlor? Who is with me?
    I'm with you. Bring on the The General variant! Color him in MYP colors. Maybe Hordak powers him up.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im with you. With the increased price and Rattlor doesn´t get an armor like all the other figures??

Comparison with Mekanek

MEKANEK - 2 neck pieces, 1 armor, 1 weapon
    RATTLOR - 1 neck piece, 0 armor, 1 weapon, 1 horde band

Rattlor need the 200X armor

Even the Snakemen soldier have a lot of stuff extra better than Rattlor...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Based on the bio, I'm sure Mattel is saving the extra parts for a 200Xish Rattlor.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Yeah, I'd like to see some of the reveals with some more accessories. Rattlor would be perfect with this harness. Mosquitor needs another weapon or something, as well as Netossa. i'm hoping we see some more stuff showing up.

Maybe if the 4HM were to redesign armor. The 200x head would still be a no for me.

I did not like the look of 200x Rattlor - armor and all! His face reminded me of a prehistoric reptilian mammal. As for the armor; it lacked something.
    The only thing I liked about 200x Rattlor was his huge stature in the MYP cartoon.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I'm with you pal!

Rattlor definitely needs to have more "presence" as the Snake man General! At the moment he looks like just another snake goon.

Some armour on his arms and legs, plus his chest harness would fix that! Shame we have to wait for the inevitable second version.

Thing is, Vintage Rattlor had no armor....that issss why he doesn't get it.....

I don't like the way 200X took the characters, looks or otherwise, but I do believe that if one version had something, it should have been made as an accessory. Fisto had a huge 200X treatment, yet Rattlor couldn't get a simple piece of armor....

Ok that said....Rattlor is a 2012 figure, and the ridiculous prices supposedly for accessories and all doesn't start until Jan 2013....that is why he doesn't have his armor....possibly.

Now that also being said....I'll believe it when I see it, that the increase actually goes to ensure for the entire year....no figures lose sculpted and revealed accessories and pain apps....I guarantee you there will be yet another excuse they had to cut them, and raise prices again the next year.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Thing is, Vintage Rattlor had no armor....that issss why he doesn't get it.....

I don't like the way 200X took the characters, looks or otherwise, but I do believe that if one version had something, it should have been made as an accessory. Fisto had a huge 200X treatment, yet Rattlor couldn't get a simple piece of armor....

Ok that said....Rattlor is a 2012 figure, and the ridiculous prices supposedly for accessories and all doesn't start until Jan 2013....that is why he doesn't have his armor....possibly.

Now that also being said....I'll believe it when I see it, that the increase actually goes to ensure for the entire year....no figures lose sculpted and revealed accessories and pain apps....I guarantee you there will be yet another excuse they had to cut them, and raise prices again the next year.
    Vintage Rattlor is pretty bare bones. No armor and only a snake staff.

Mattel is probably saving the 200X stuff for the variant.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Rattlor looks weird to me. The vintage figure is one of my favorites, mostly due to the action feature, but this one seems off. I think it's the legs and head.

Are we sure the Horsemen sculpted Rattlor's head? It seems different in some way.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm with you. Bring on the The General variant! Color him in MYP colors. Maybe Hordak powers him up.
    What I didn't want is a variant taking another sku & variant slot. All he would need is armor to give us both options. myp & the classic character are not all that different from each other.
    I don't want to pay another $25 for the same rattlor just to have one with armor & a different paint job. remember what happened with the snake man at arms variant?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    I was in joy when I heard Scott announcing Rattlor, but the figure itself is the most disappointing thing for me in MOTUC. I really think Rattlor didn't translate well into the Classic look without some brave design choices. Rattlor lost his mojo in translation.

I really hope they'll produce a menacing, big, mysterious "The General" figure, without relying too much on the MYP-design. I'd be amazed to see a 4H-version of "The General"...

Heroic Warrior
    It is VERY clear that the MOTUC Rattlor we get is a translation of the vintage figure from the 80's. I like the vintage figure, so I like MOTUC Rattlor and I'm happy with him.

However, I think that the neck extension piece doesn't work well, and looks odd.

I like the fact we're also getting a Horde armband, and this lets me think that Tung Lashor's bio will probably have him joining forces with his old friend Rattlor in the Horde, later on...

Nevertheless, it would be cool to get a 200x General Rattlor down the line, or at least his 200x armour...

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think he is fantastic. he's going to look awesome on the old Snake man shelf!!

Vintage Rattlor is pretty bare bones. No armor and only a snake staff.

Mattel is probably saving the 200X stuff for the variant.
    Right but so was Fisto, Whiplash, Stinkor....they got 200X heads, and accessories....that was my point, I had Rattlor, so I know....not that I really care, but he still could have had the armor...
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Great figure. Staying true to the vintage look. And yes I'm excited to see the General come out too. Personally I don't need a ton of accessories or pretty little extra paint apps on my figures or armor. I.E. Jitsu...vintage all the way. It's nice they threw in those extra weapons but I'll never display him with those.

Ok first I love this figure/character. But second, with Ram Man being so large, Rattlor, Beast man, Clawful, and Whiplash should be as well. I dont get why he HAD to be 200X size but no one else did. It just IMO makes him look like the Juggernaut and NO ONE should be able to stop him. This is why we need big Rattlor and others to compete. Back on track, the paint app on Rattlor is awesome and he looks fantastic. He just needs a few extras here and there down the road hopefully.

Love how this guy looks! No problems there; this was a favorite when I was little, so I'm getting what I want in terms of vintage.

Now as for the armor: It all depends on what they plan to do. I think the armor alone would have been a no-brainer....so I have to assume that thier decison to leave it out means we'll get a whole other figure for the 200X one. I think I'm on Megagearmax's side in terms of making a WHOLE new guy based on the 200X toon version, specifically. Take out the blue stripes and match the tan-ish color on the animation model, then maybe add the gauntlets and shin guards and a new head (heck, you could use one of the heads from the Snake Men 2 pack) and give 'em a different name. I think it could work!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I like this figure, and will be buying him. I am disappointed by the lack of armor though. He needs a chest harness. I will probably try to fab him one out of leather or something, and then gleefully await the General Rattlor with the armor and whatnots...This guy will get to be someone else.