Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Rattlor Discussion Thread

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I loved the figure as is, along with the Horde armband as a neat nod to the Horde status of the Filmation show. I think he's kinda straight-forward and perfect.

I wouldn't say no to the 200x armor however.
    Last edited by Agostinho; July 16, 2012 at 03:13pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Ok first I love this figure/character. But second, with Ram Man being so large, Rattlor, Beast man, Clawful, and Whiplash should be as well. I dont get why he HAD to be 200X size but no one else did. It just IMO makes him look like the Juggernaut and NO ONE should be able to stop him. This is why we need big Rattlor and others to compete. Back on track, the paint app on Rattlor is awesome and he looks fantastic. He just needs a few extras here and there down the road hopefully.
    I like your point.
    you have reminded me how much I had wanted bigger 200x figures in classics. like beast man, clawful, tung lashor & rattlor.

myself I'm very pleased with the vintage rattlor. I just wanted the 200x armor to go with him.
    I dont want to buy another rattlor just to get the 200x armor that didnt come with the first release. nor would I like a variant that would prolong another worthy variant. can only have so many variants in this line before 2016
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I think this figure is a triumph. Seeing him in the case was AWESOME - the paint was SO vibrant.

Rattlor was one of the very few re-designs I disliked in MYP, so I am glad they went this very vintage route... though if people want his 200X armor, they should have it... but then, he already has a new tail, with a rattle, his Snake Staff, his Horde arm-band, and his neck extension...

Maybe Netossa can trap him and turn his tail into a whip...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

ok so I just now got to see the walk through with pixel dan & toyguru. It helped explain that the 200x armor was thought of but the cost of deco was the big issue that left the armor out. I can feel good about that. I wouldn't want the deco & paint to be compromised.

I would love for the armor to come out in a weapons pack of some kind. I really would like that.

A cool idea came to mind. A 200x armor pack!
    characters like whiplash, clawful, tri-klop, jitsu & others that didn't have extra 200x loin cloth belts would get them. we seen how cool fistos belt was. imagine that on other figures. mix up their looks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy now. I just needed to hear that. It wasnt over looked. weapons pack would be a good thing.
    I dont like the idea of a variant taking away from another figure just for armor.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

They could also put the armour with a future figure lacking in accessories.

From pics on Fwoosh it looks like its a new snake on his pimp cane. Love his paint job
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I never had any of the snake-men when I was a kid, so I'm used to the looks of 200X. And when Mattel revealed Rattlor, I felt there was something big missing; no doubt it's his armor/harness! If the Snake-Men in the army set come with armors, why in hell their general doesn't, it's ridiculous how Mattel keeps cutting corners like that.
    Do we have to wait for another whole year now for his armor to show up in another Weapons Pak! This majorly sucks...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Hope we eventually get the armor, although part of me still would prefer if the General would have been a whole different character.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

After Rattlor's bio revealed that Rattlor defected to the Horde and became known as The General, I want a figure of him.

• New head or failing that, repaint to MYP colors
    • New armor
    • Evil warrior greaves
    • New bracers that match the greaves
    • Repaint to Rattlor to his MYP colors to set him apart from normal Rattlor.

Hordak or Shadow Weaver could have powered him up to explain his new appearance!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Rattlor just looks so beautiful. He was always one of the most striking vintage figures every produced. His bright colors and the mix of red with the blue stripes makes him instantly stand out in a lineup.

I'm so glad the classics figure has that. He's going to be soooo cool. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Rattlor was one of the very few re-designs I disliked in MYP, so I am glad they went this very vintage route
    I loved MYP Rattlor. He was one of the few that I was split 50/50 between which one I preferred - Vintage or 200x.

I really think they should just make the MYP Rattlor a separate character and be done with it.

I think this figure is a triumph.
    I completely agree.

Snappy Threader
    I think Rattlor looks amazing! He does indeed look nothing like the 200x version, but he is spot on for the vintage and i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • New armor
    • Evil warrior greaves
    I like this idea. Though I don't want to see him as Hulked out as the 200X cartoon, though at the same time I don't want to see him as skinny as the classic Rattlor they revealed (which I thought felt a bit small).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...abs/200X37.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6at55702PM.png

After Rattlor's bio revealed that Rattlor defected to the Horde and became known as The General, I want a figure of him.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...abs/200X38.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6at80203PM.png

• New armor
    • Evil warrior greaves

Hordak or Shadow Weaver could have powered him up to explain his new appearance!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6at55729PM.png
    I want him too, but not going to get my hopes up. I'd say it's almost completely unlikely. They could have went the Zodac/k route with him, and they chose not to--completely arbitrary in this case. MYP Rattlor and vintage Rattlor are the same guy in this line, and his armor will even be released down the road. The General isn't going to happen now. Oh well.

I think this figure is a triumph. Seeing him in the case was AWESOME - the paint was SO vibrant.

Yep. That blue looks great. Well worth the $$$ & the armour can wait.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

In the video, TG said his paint aps really boosted his price.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, having seen how toys are painted, every single one of those would need it's own paint mask. That's a lot of paint masks and time to paint each scale.

I don't think Vintage Rattlor and MYP General Rattlor look even similar. They're almost completely different.

I get that Rattlor was a member of the Horde in the FILMation shows. But in my mind, he's always a Snakeman.

I'll be taking that armband off.

If they do a second Snake Warrior pack they could include the General armor in that set... It would be cool if they made the snake face interchangeable with a Horde symbol a la the Fighting Foe Men. They could even included a repaint of his head and neck piece to match the orangish brown snakeman of the first pack, that head with that body and the new armor could make a General figure. I think the color is pretty close.

Here is picture of the Snake Warrior, compared to the pictures above, with the right armor I think it could pass as a classicized version of General Rattlor.

Last edited by Jinxieman; July 18, 2012 at 12:42am.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar

Childhood memories and more

Rattlor! FINALLY!
    I'M SO happy we're finally getting him.

Let me tell you a short story
    While DB Skelly always was my favourite Motu variant and version of Skeletor (gotta love that dragon), Rattlor pretty much was my favourite figure of the entire MOTU line. And also my very first action figure EVER! I even remember why I got him in the first place - I always was into dinosaurs (and reptiles in general) - and he kinda looked like one with his neck extended. Sometimes I even turned him backwards to make it look as if he walked on all fours like sauropods do.
    In later years I often used him to battle other figures from different lines (Turtles for example) on top of the Ghostbusters' Fire House
    Often other characters were bigger than Rattlor and they taunted him. Well until I pushed his button and his head striked out and they were thrown from the roof

In 200X I was very happy to see my "old friend" again. I loved his redesign (again I always was into dinosaurs) and his new rank as "The General" of the Snakemen. He looked so powerful and menacing - just awesome! and although he kinda was turned into a brute he was still smarter than lots of the other characters.

Then the Classics line came. Of course he was pretty much up on top of my "Most Wanted" list.
    Then the waiting began... Of course I knew right from the beginning that the unique tooling would push Rattlor way back into the line. So you can imagine how exited I was to finally see the Snakemen two-pack. Such a great idea to reuse the Rattlor buck before we got to him, to make his figure affordable. Of course from now on my hope to finally get him was over the top.
    When Dragon Blaster Skeletor was announced I already thought that this was way too awesome to be true. Now short time later we get the reveal of Rattlor at SDCC. The funny thing is: The live video conference jumped on my computer, so I pretty much had no idea of his reveal, until my friend ("Barnster" on the boards) told me on the phone during the panel. I already wondered why he suddenly started so say "Rattlor, Rattlor, Rattlor!" I said: "What are you talkuing about? They didnt show him..."

Well now we'll finally get him and I'm so happy to say the least. He turned out amazing. I like how his mouth was closed a little more than on his vintage counterpart. Now the only thing I still want is either a "The General" variant of him or at least the armour parts and maybe even an extra head to create this variant.
    And now...GIMME GIMME!!!

Greetings Michael,
    aka Dragonblaster

TL;DR: Did love Rattlor as child - did love Rattlor in 200X - Love MOTUC Rattlor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW - I just couldn't resist...

Now MatteI, give us that harness!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Now MatteI, give us that harness!
    He needs more than that. If Mattel eventually decides on making a Rattlor variant, they can reuse Dreago-Man's bracers and the Evil Warrior greaves. Since the high paint scheme was an issue on Classics Rattlor, they should color him to the much cheaper MYP colors, where he didn't have the yellow and blue stripes.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    He needs more than that. If Mattel eventually decides on making a Rattlor variant, they can reuse Dreago-Man's bracers and the Evil Warrior greaves. Since the high paint scheme was an issue on Classics Rattlor, they should color him to the much cheaper MYP colors, where he didn't have the yellow and blue stripes.
    I couldn't agree more. He deserves this variant as much as ZodaK deserved to be a new character.
    But sadly I kinda doubt we'll ever get there before this line ends.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I've reread the Fwoosh First Look review at least two or three times so far. It's been about 2 months since Rattlor was revealed, and I'm still amazed at how beautiful the figure is.

Skeletor, Leech, Rattlor, and Whiplash have always been my top 4 favorite Masters of the Universe characters/toys.

Leech was my favorite vintage toy, and arguably my favorite toy of all time. Rattlor was easily my #2 figure from the vintage He-Man line. Aside from the gorgeous color scheme, the stellar sculpting, he was the only Snakeman who actually looked like a snake.

I've gotten my #1 want from the Classics line in Leech (98% perfect), and Rattlor was like 2 or 3 for me. As long as he has no paint app or plastic issues, Rattlor looks to be about 99% perfect. The 200x armor would have made him 100%. Even though I probably wouldn't use it on Classics Rattlor, options are what an adult toy collector line is about.

A fully articulated, poseable vintage version of Rattlor...I can't wait.

Skeletor, Leech, Rattlor, Whiplash, Stinkor, Webstor, Kobra Khan...ready to take on the world and whoever is standing in their way on the toy shelf.

Now I MUST have Tung Lashor for Rattlor to pal around with. They always were best buddies to me, like Bebop and Rocksteady.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Gas View Post
    I get that Rattlor was a member of the Horde in the FILMation shows. But in my mind, he's always a Snakeman.

I'll be taking that armband off.
    I feel the same way. The snake men are loyal to the end.

I think I will use the horde armband on either HP or Cy Chop.

On the topic of Rattlor's Armor being shown on Matty page; I agree that it completes him. It has comepletely renewed my interest in the character

MYP Rattlor would be a fantastic quarterly variant, but I doubt we'd be so lucky. If we did get it, though, I don't know if I'd be too keen on the flat tan color of the 200x cartoon. His figure in the 200X line retained the darker reddish-brown base and vintage yellow and blue stripes, FYI. Without those highlights, he really does look pretty bland and almost indistinguishable from the generic Snakemen army builders.

By the way, is Classics Rattlor really so expensive to paint because of JUST the yellow and blue scale patterns down his sides? Would that extra cost have been mitigated had they manufactured the figure in reddish brown plastic for his base instead of in black, and then painting over the black with his correct colors?
    Wolfman Jake