Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dans's Reviews.. No Galactic She-Ra or Battle Ram?

Pixel Dans's Reviews.. No Galactic She-Ra or Battle Ram?

No reviews on Galactic She Ra or Battle Ram??

THE FINAL YEAR

I talked to him a few days ago and he hasn't received Battle Ram yet. He is also dealing with some family issues that are taking much of his time.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I talked to him a few days ago and he hasn't received Battle Ram yet. He is also dealing with some family issues that are taking much of his time.
    What a shame. OK thnx.
    THE FINAL YEAR

Quote Originally Posted by MossCloud78 View Post
    What a shame. OK thnx.
    I agree. Poor guy (and his family) are dealing with a lot right now.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; November 11, 2014 at 02:06pm.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

He also has not gotten any Arrow or NA she-Ra samples from Mattel. He told me he will have a review up after he gets his sub items
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    He also has not gotten any Arrow or NA she-Ra samples from Mattel. He told me he will have a review up after he gets his sub items
    I've got a burning question.
    So does Pixel Dan get all his toys for free as a sort of "deal" for doing all these reviews???
    Or does he actually PAY for every figure (as he subs like the rest of us?)

Just curious... hes got like EVERY figure, even variants that were not part of any subs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

Anyway THANKS guys... mjw41

THE FINAL YEAR

So does Pixel Dan get all his toys for free as a sort of "deal" for doing all these reviews???

Just curious... hes got like EVERY figure, even variants that were not part of any subs...

Dan Has at least one sub that he buys, and he usually gets samples from mattel to review (free of charge for marketing and as a favor too customers who want to see the product before hand). Since Toyguru left, we will see how this goes from here.

Pixel Dan started off reviewing his own figures and "proved" himself, building up a substantial fan base. Mattel sends out review samples when they can to not only him, but other people as well. As far as I know, he still subscribes to the line.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Pixel Dan started off reviewing his own figures and "proved" himself, building up a substantial fan base. Mattel sends out review samples when they can to not only him, but other people as well. As far as I know, he still subscribes to the line.
    Who are those other people and do they also review the figures when they get them?
    I have seen what others have not seen!

fwoosh for one.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Action figure insider is another.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Pop crticia for another. And I think there's others in Europe, I've seen early samples in pics from Cons that Mattel doesn't attend directly.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Court Magician
    A guy called tycondrius fitz has a She-Ra review on youtube, just type in Galactic She-Ra. I really do miss the Pixel Dan treatment though, especially for a figure I think looks really great, yet doesn't seem to have people very excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway THANKS guys... mjw41

Yes, he gets them for free provided he does a positive review. Win, win for both parties. It's really the only advertising Mattel does for the line, and it's basically free for them.

Quote Originally Posted by silver3 View Post
    Yes, he gets them for free provided he does a positive review. Win, win for both parties. It's really the only advertising Mattel does for the line, and it's basically free for them.
    His reviews aren't always positive…he calls the figures like he sees them. Rio Blast recently comes to mind. Besides, Mattel can't exactly say "you gave the figure a bad review, pay up".

As for the original question, Dan' family must come first. All else is secondary.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by silver3 View Post
    That's not how advance reviewing works, with these or any other types of upcoming merchandise sent to reviewers (DVDs, games, books). If that were the case, then advanced reviews of any type would have been dismissed decades ago.

Dan has been critical in many of his reviews, from the Voltron disaster to the latest Mxyzptlk to tons of loose joints in the MOTUC line, and beyond. The key here is that even when he finds things wrong with an item, he doesn't act like a child and scream, and he doesn't incorporate outside factors into the reviews usually. He focuses solely on the toy, not behind-the-scenes politics, story lines, or the like. He is already a very upbeat and positive personality, so when he does criticize, he does so in an adult and mature manner that points out a flaw and moves on.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    As for the original question, Dan' family must come first. All else is secondary.
    Very true. Dan does this as a service to all of us; he's not paid for it. I hope everything turns out alright for he and his family.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    That's not how advance reviewing works, with these or any other types of upcoming merchandise sent to reviewers (DVDs, games, books). If that were the case, then advanced reviews of any type would have been dismissed decades ago.

Dan has been critical in many of his reviews, from the Voltron disaster to the latest Mxyzptlk to tons of loose joints in the MOTUC line, and beyond. The key here is that even when he finds things wrong with an item, he doesn't act like a child and scream, and he doesn't incorporate outside factors into the reviews usually. He focuses solely on the toy, not behind-the-scenes politics, story lines, or the like. He is already a very upbeat and positive personality, so when he does criticize, he does so in an adult and mature manner that points out a flaw and moves on.

That was a review of the reviewer haha, well said, I love to see Dans videos , my daughter and I watch them together, she knows all his catch phrases

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I dont think even Fwoosh or AFI Have reviewed these two yet.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

They don't always send out samples, UNO was one of the more recent ones. There have been others also I just can't quite think of who at the moment. Also most if not all of those who review the figures have at least one other sub. Reviewed figures are either kept, used for customization, or passed on to others(typically not cost, at most maybe a raffle of some sort).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    They don't always send out samples, UNO was one of the more recent ones. There have been others also I just can't quite think of who at the moment. Also most if not all of those who review the figures have at least one other sub. Reviewed figures are either kept, used for customization, or passed on to others(typically not cost, at most maybe a raffle of some sort).
    UNO wasn't sent out to keep the figure secret; there was a reason for that one. There have only been a couple outside of that sort of situation that weren't sent out early, mostly due to snafus in the production system that got them arriving late.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Somebody please contact Pixel Dan...

I've tried e-mailing him both at his website AND YouTube with no replies.

Really looking forward to his latest MOTUC reviews... namely battle ram, NA She-Ra, and Arrow

Last I heard he hadnt received them yet. Surely hes received them by now...

After all, even I have battle ram and NA she ra in my hands right now.

THE FINAL YEAR

Haven't seen any site to review them, so my guess is that no reviewer has gotten them in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Haven't seen any site to review them, so my guess is that no reviewer has gotten them in advance.
    well since I have BR maybe I should just do a review on post it on YouTube tonight?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post

Maybe I better step up to the plate, I might get famous LOL
    THE FINAL YEAR

Hey, if you want to do a review by all means, be the first!