Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Sssqueeze speculation thread

No, I'm not keen on the Long arms either.

Heroic Warrior
    have him like the original one.

I absolutely HATE how in the 200X his hands were snake heads. To me that ruined the character.

I love both versions.
    But I would prefer that Sssqueeze head in the Motuc line would resemble more the 200x version, the vintage version head doesn´t even look like a snake to me.

We could have a Sssqueeze and a Tanglor (that's the name used in the mini-comic) to have 2 different versions of him. Of course, one of him should probably be a bonus figure so as not to take up a slot.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    something i think would be very cool would be to have two sets of arms.
    one as regular arms. second as the long bendable arms. have it so they are detachable to allow swapping.
    200x second head. original looks like a gator or lizard. 200x head would be a fun way have him. that & it could add an extra head for a possible snake army builder.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i dont think there is a difference enough in the heads to have different versions.

my opinion.

i am not a huge fan of the 200x snakehead hands.

not 200x snake hands but just normal standard sized arms.
    200x head because it could be used on generic snake warriors when they are released as motuc figures.

Okay two sets of arms one normal, the other bendy like King Hiss' hydra form.(Looking like the vintage arms)

Two heads one 200x and the other vintage. His snake pet/gun should be a pet NOT a gun, and lastly exposed feet please!!!

that was a gun? i thought it was a poorly done exaggerated snake.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    that was a gun? i thought it was a poorly done exaggerated snake.
    I read somewhere in a previous comment that if for Classics they should make it a gun, and the only Snake Man to carry a weapon (That isn't generic) is Kobra Khan the rest... well they don't really need help in the violence department...

Now this is one of my favorite characters. The Snake should also be part gun, Like it said on page one maybe it was around during the Teckno plaque like Bionatops. No snake Heads just hands! And lastly I would like to see the chest piece maybe be like the BA figures with a regular and slashed plate (I wont lie I want that so I can have a BA King Hsss).

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    In my humble opinion: long arms are an absolute necessity! I would love bendy arms but I guess, like many others, we won't get that. So two pair of arms: regular and long. For the overall sculpt: a hybrid version with a strond vintage touch. Regular hands though, not the snake heads. More bio than techno.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I think two set's of removable arms (long and normal) and two sets of removable hands (hands and snake heads) is the way to go with this guy.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think two set's of removable arms (long and normal) and two sets of removable hands (hands and snake heads) is the way to go with this guy.
    Oh yeah, that's right, removable hands. This way, fans who love the snake heads can be pleased as well! Great idea.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's face it : we KNOW Sssqueeze will be a direct update from the 80's vintage figure.

So the armour, face, snake gun and arms will be just like they were in the 80's.

Personally, I'd like a second, 200x head, though (the expression and shape is totally different between the 80's head and the 200x head). But unfortunately, I don't think this will happen ("no more 200x heads" rule)...

Another thing I'd like would be interchangeable hands, so we can have the classic vintage hands, and the 200x "clawed snake heads". Once again, both types of hands are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Personally, I'd like a second, 200x head, though (the expression and shape is totally different between the 80's head and the 200x head).

are you seeing something I dont see???

I completely understand a "change" in style or added features. this would be a redesign.

fisto headband/mossman new face things like this would fall under that catagory. even buzz off head would be REDESIGN

but asking for two different heads on this guy is crazy!!! (my opinion)

there is nothing different except detail. I don't buy one bit that they are different.

it would be like asking for a skelly 200x head, compared to vintage.. the only difference is DETAIL.

again. I really think someone should make a thread describing the actual meaning of REDESIGN to people with DETAILED UPDATE cause they are two completely different things. and I think one deserves a second head, and one does not.

just because they made the teeth sharper and the scowl a touch harsher doesnt throw this guy into the redesigned catagory.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    He was always my favorite snake man as a kid. Overall, I definitely prefer the look of the 200x figure. (and to me, the head looks more like a redesign than detailed update - it looks much more snakelike and less angular than the vintage, but I think that's a topic that will just be splitting hairs on many characters). Interchangeable hands would be cool.

Not sure why some want regular sized arms. Was he ever portrayed that way? I honestly can't remember.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I'm perfectly okay with whatever version they decide to make. I think they both have their strong points.
    To me though, he wouldn't be Sssqueeze without the long, bendy arms. It's pretty much his trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Personally, I'd like a second, 200x head, though (the expression and shape is totally different between the 80's head and the 200x head). But unfortunately, I don't think this will happen ("no more 200x heads" rule)...
    i'm really hoping that sssqueeze has his 200x head along with rattlor & tung lashor just because it could be used for a generic snake men army builder down the road.
    more heads the better in this case.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'm at a loss. I love both. I think he should look as vintage-y as possible and lose the goofiness. I would love to see those claws as accessories in the normal hands.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Not sure why some want regular sized arms. Was he ever portrayed that way? I honestly can't remember.
    I could be wrong but I think in both the 200x cartoon and comic his arms were regular sized that could grow in length.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i'm really hoping that sssqueeze has his 200x head along with rattlor & tung lashor just because it could be used for a generic snake men army builder down the road.
    more heads the better in this case.
    I'd love all three of those guys to come with 200x head but I just don't see it happening
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Personally, I'd want Sssqueeze to have long arms with regular hands like in the vintage fig. I love the staction but I'd want the MOTUC to have the regular hands or maybe swappable ones.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I personally hope that MOTUC Sssqueeze will be mostly vintage, with hands instead of snake heads. The head is a bit of a toughie. The old head is a bit silly, and not very snake-like, but I think the 200X update was too much of a departure with its short wide skull. I'm hoping that the 4H will base the MOTUC head sculpt on an emerald tree boa, which is what I assumed Sssqueeze was supposed to look like as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    there is nothing different except detail. I don't buy one bit that they are different.
    We are talking about these two guys, right?

Even when you ignore the angular 200X "anime" style, it's very hard to find anything they have in common apart from the general scalyness and the color green. Even 200X Kobra Khan looked more like vintage Sssqueeze than 200X Sssqueeze did.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

those look identical

i find myself eating my words.

lol.
    to funny.