Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

Hybrid View

MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

I hate the guy. I don't know why, maybe it's the sad look on his elephant mask. (I'd had that look too If I had to wear that mask in public)
    Sure the staction made Snout Spout LOOK cool, but since This is MOTUC, more vintage features might appear on the sad Eternian Firefighter...

We know that there will be no Action Features so no squirting water.
    What could the 4H do with him? (IF we even get to him.)
    I can see them using the Standard male body(maybe Hordak's lower ab piece) He-Ro's loincloth
    Hopefully Using Trap Jaw/Kronis arms and legs and new gloves and feet similar to the staction.
    A head with poseable trunk (Hopefully more like the staction)
    His Axe and a clip on attachment for his trunk to simulate a stream of water.

So let's talk about Snout Spout!! Show your love/hate/indifference towards the guy...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Snout Spout is where a new meched out body would come into play.
    200X Head is a must.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I hope they stay more true to the original design. Especially with the facial head sculpt. I never cared much for that super-angry 200x look.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I hope they stay more true to the original design. Especially with the facial head sculpt. I never cared much for that super-angry 200x look.
    I'm right there with you, though I want the end of his trunk to be pursed like in art featured on the back of the card. Also, please Mattel. -- No alternate head and accessories on this guy.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

i think he could definitely use a really new/cool bio to increase his standing with fans!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    i think he could definitely use a really new/cool bio to increase his standing with fans!
    The staction already did that...people hated Snout Spout before the 4H got ahold of him.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm not sure why, but I liked this figure! At least, I have fond memories of him. The water shooting toys were always kinda fun. Anyway, I'd like a mix of 200X and classic, if they get to him (well, save for the axe. That better be all 200X). Personally, though, I'd want him to shoot water but, since I know they won't allow that, it would be cool to get an articulated trunk and a clear water blast to attach to the end.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I liked this figure! At least, I have fond memories of him. The water shooting toys were always kinda fun. Anyway, I'd like a mix of 200X and classic, if they get to him (well, save for the axe. That better be all 200X). Personally, though, I'd want him to shoot water but, since I know they won't allow that, it would be cool to get an articulated trunk and a clear water blast to attach to the end.
    Yeah, that vintage axe is kind of the pitts. I could see a little 200x influence, but I definitely want him to be vintage-looking.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I think I'll register my indifference. He's a hero character that I believe if I was still buying MOTU when he was released that I wouldn't buy him. Although I think Squid would love to get him. For me, more target practice for the Evil Warriors.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Annnd, they could use that mech'd out body for roboto also!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    They should definitely go classic look--just update where necessary. I don't like that 200x look at all. Too angry. Just make it look more like the card back art. I always wanted Snout Spout when I was a kid. Hope to see him soon.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Snout Spout was one of my favourite characters! I both love the vintage and staction versions, so they can't do much wrong for me

Actually, Snout Spout could be VERY dangerous. How do we know he can't adjust the water pressure when he sprays?

A water-jet cutter used in machining is capable of pressures up to 40,000 PSI, and can cut through solid steel like butter.

Now that is dangerous.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Actually, Snout Spout could be VERY dangerous. How do we know he can't adjust the water pressure when he sprays?

A water-jet cutter used in machining is capable of pressures up to 40,000 PSI, and can cut through solid steel like butter.

Now that is dangerous.
    True, a water jet cutter is dangerous but it is also a machine. We are talking about a biological. I was giving Snout Spout the benefit of the doubt by equating him with a firehose but now that I think of him as a living creature (more specifically an elephant) I highly doubt he can reach the psi of a water-jet cutter or a firehose. I think he has the same "reach" and "power" of an elephant when they are given themselves baths. That's how I see the extent of his water-spraying capabilities.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    True, a water jet cutter is dangerous but it is also a machine. We are talking about a biological. I was giving Snout Spout the benefit of the doubt by equating him with a firehose but now that I think of him as a living creature (more specifically an elephant) I highly doubt he can reach the psi of a water-jet cutter or a firehose. I think he has the same "reach" and "power" of an elephant when they are given themselves baths. That's how I see the extent of his water-spraying capabilities.
    Ahh, but he's clearly shown owning King Hsss in that cardback artwork. King Hsss, possessor of ancient magic, conqueror of worlds, the victor over Skeletor...getting knocked down by water. He must have been a very irate individual after returning to his lair that night. I've seen the Sorceress bring the thunder down on his candy-ass, and even she couldn't knock him down. Imagine how embarrassing it must be for an evil warlord to get knocked over by a cyborg elephant guy who squirts water? If anything he would be a great psychological tool for the heroic warriors to inflict even lower levels of self-esteem and shame onto the evil warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Ahh, but he's clearly shown owning King Hsss in that cardback artwork. King Hsss, possessor of ancient magic, conqueror of worlds, the victor over Skeletor...getting knocked down by water. He must have been a very irate individual after returning to his lair that night. I've seen the Sorceress bring the thunder down on his candy-ass, and even she couldn't knock him down. Imagine how embarrassing it must be for an evil warlord to get knocked over by a cyborg elephant guy who squirts water? If anything he would be a great psychological tool for the heroic warriors to inflict even lower levels of self-esteem and shame onto the evil warriors.
    True but that drawing was probably done upon King Hssss initial meeting with Snout Spout. He was unfamiliar with his abilities and was surprised. Snout Spout's "abilities" only work one time and then everyone is wise to his gimmick. That's why you never saw Skeletor fall for that trick. He had seen Snout Spout do that trick to Beastman and stayed out of range. I mean look how close King Hsss is to Snout Spout. What?! 5 feet?! Yeah, let me walk up to an elephant who likes shooting water at people. I'm sure he was doing that again. Long range magic spells from now on or crossbows.

interesting and not such a bad character

I'd like to see snout spout with his elephant head and a human head. I always thought that it was a fact that he was human underneath a mask, and that his mask was basically a variation on the standard eternian fire fighters outfit. I think that giving him a little more humanity would make him a little more endearing. I mean, who doesn't think fire fighters are heros? People have always been kind of down on this dude, which I think Is unfair. I'd like to see him get a little more respect.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

I am surprising myself with how much I would love to get a Snout Spout figure in MOTUC. I like both the Staction and the vintage look, and wouldn't be upset at Mattel for including both. I don't particularly care how he turns out, as long as he makes his appearance in the line eventually.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I liked the 200X version, the head, the weapons... All is perfect for me.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I love this design!

Snout Spout, as he appeared in the 1986 MOTU mini-comic Eye of the Storm. Since they can use artwork from the mini-comics in these designs, I think this version would be a cool way to go for the figure. Those red eyes rock! The shoulder armor and gold axe are also nice touches. Plus, the red circles where the tusks would be are very similar to the Snout Spout staction!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 30, 2009 at 10:33pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Hmm... That mini comic Snout Spout looks better than the vintage toy. (That mini comic's story reminds me of Mekaneck's lament.)

Snout Spout is COOL!! What are you guys talking about, just let MOTUC bring him to articulated life & you will love him for sure!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Snout Spout is on the new trademark lists so to this topic I say:
    "Wise fwom you Gwave!"
    He's Coming... now we'll know if he's a man, a beast, a cyborg... He might even have a real name... Here's hoping for 2 heads... I'll give mine the 200X...

I wonder if the bio will place him on Eternia with He-Man or on Etheria with She-Ra. I've read a few places now that his origin is closely tied to Hordak and the Horde plus he was on Etheria in the filmation series (except in one episode I believe he traveled from Eternia with He-Man).

I think giving him a real reason to hate Hordak and want to see him taken down will add a lot to the character. IMO, having him on Etheria would be nice for a number of reasons...they can retain his Horde origin, there are so few men in the great rebellion, a nice nod to Filmation. Of course, he can come to Eternia with She-Ra when she arrives or whatever but it'd be nice to have him start out battling Hordak, the creature that turned him into a freak with a mechanical elephant head?