Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

I hate the guy. I don't know why, maybe it's the sad look on his elephant mask. (I'd had that look too If I had to wear that mask in public)
    Sure the staction made Snout Spout LOOK cool, but since This is MOTUC, more vintage features might appear on the sad Eternian Firefighter...

We know that there will be no Action Features so no squirting water.
    What could the 4H do with him? (IF we even get to him.)
    I can see them using the Standard male body(maybe Hordak's lower ab piece) He-Ro's loincloth
    Hopefully Using Trap Jaw/Kronis arms and legs and new gloves and feet similar to the staction.
    A head with poseable trunk (Hopefully more like the staction)
    His Axe and a clip on attachment for his trunk to simulate a stream of water.

So let's talk about Snout Spout!! Show your love/hate/indifference towards the guy...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Snout Spout is where a new meched out body would come into play.
    200X Head is a must.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I hope they stay more true to the original design. Especially with the facial head sculpt. I never cared much for that super-angry 200x look.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

i think he could definitely use a really new/cool bio to increase his standing with fans!

Annnd, they could use that mech'd out body for roboto also!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

They should definitely go classic look--just update where necessary. I don't like that 200x look at all. Too angry. Just make it look more like the card back art. I always wanted Snout Spout when I was a kid. Hope to see him soon.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Snout Spout was one of my favourite characters! I both love the vintage and staction versions, so they can't do much wrong for me

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    i think he could definitely use a really new/cool bio to increase his standing with fans!
    The staction already did that...people hated Snout Spout before the 4H got ahold of him.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm not sure why, but I liked this figure! At least, I have fond memories of him. The water shooting toys were always kinda fun. Anyway, I'd like a mix of 200X and classic, if they get to him (well, save for the axe. That better be all 200X). Personally, though, I'd want him to shoot water but, since I know they won't allow that, it would be cool to get an articulated trunk and a clear water blast to attach to the end.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm not sure why, but I liked this figure! At least, I have fond memories of him. The water shooting toys were always kinda fun. Anyway, I'd like a mix of 200X and classic, if they get to him (well, save for the axe. That better be all 200X). Personally, though, I'd want him to shoot water but, since I know they won't allow that, it would be cool to get an articulated trunk and a clear water blast to attach to the end.
    Yeah, that vintage axe is kind of the pitts. I could see a little 200x influence, but I definitely want him to be vintage-looking.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Widget
    The sad face makes me laugh, and would therefore be preferable to me in MOTUC.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I think I'll register my indifference. He's a hero character that I believe if I was still buying MOTU when he was released that I wouldn't buy him. Although I think Squid would love to get him. For me, more target practice for the Evil Warriors.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I think I'll register my indifference. He's a hero character that I believe if I was still buying MOTU when he was released that I wouldn't buy him. Although I think Squid would love to get him. For me, more target practice for the Evil Warriors.
    But how can the Evil Warriors target him when they're all wet? Eh? Yeah. Take THAT, Evil Warriors!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I want a Snout Spout/Tuskador 2 pack!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    But how can the Evil Warriors target him when they're all wet? Eh? Yeah. Take THAT, Evil Warriors!
    Ooh. He just sprayed a skull-faced megalomaniac with a trickle of water, with that oh so dangerous liquid called water. It might give Skeletor a cold given a sudden drop in temperature and if the villains wore any sort of clothes that could get wet. Heck, Snout Spout couldn't make wearing boots uncomfortable since Skeletor doesn't wear them (or socks for that matter). I see alot of KP and latrine duties for Snout Spout on Eternia.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Ooh. He just sprayed a skull-faced megalomaniac with a trickle of water, with that oh so dangerous liquid called water. It might give Skeletor a cold given a sudden drop in temperature and if the villains wore any sort of clothes that could get wet. Heck, Snout Spout couldn't make wearing boots uncomfortable since Skeletor doesn't wear them (or socks for that matter). I see alot of KP and latrine duties for Snout Spout on Eternia.
    Crap! I was gona fall back on the "making boots uncomfortable" thing, but you're right! It won't work! RUN! The....the water didn't work at ALL!

My guess is that he'll look vintage, with the friendly eyes, but with a little more tech-details (like MAA's armor), and the 200x weapon.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Crap! I was gona fall back on the "making boots uncomfortable" thing, but you're right! It won't work! RUN! The....the water didn't work at ALL!
    Where are you going, Alexx? I got some more barnyard analogies for you. Don't go away. Now nobody is going to talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    http://funnypics.free.fr/explorer/public/gifs/firehose.gif
    Well, of course just about everything is dangerous when shot at a range of 12 inches. I hope that Skeletor is wise enough to Snout Spout's "special" powers to stay well out of range (say 40-50 ft?) Besides, I fear Stanley Spadowski's mastery of water more than Snout Spout (although their names sure are awfully similar...weird).
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 25, 2009 at 05:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where are you going, Alexx? I got some more barnyard analogies for you. Don't go away. Now nobody is going to talk to me.
    Aw, it's alright buddy! I won't go nowhere. Here, how about this: Since Snout Spout is gona be on latrine duty, he'll fend off the Evil Warriors by drenching them with outhouse juice! I won't explain further, but the only one who could stop him would be Stinkor!

Actually, Snout Spout could be VERY dangerous. How do we know he can't adjust the water pressure when he sprays?

A water-jet cutter used in machining is capable of pressures up to 40,000 PSI, and can cut through solid steel like butter.

Now that is dangerous.

Aw, it's alright buddy! I won't go nowhere. Here, how about this: Since Snout Spout is gona be on latrine duty, he'll fend off the Evil Warriors by drenching them with outhouse juice! I won't explain further, but the only one who could stop him would be Stinkor!
    I seriously doubt that because he would actually have to have that "outhouse juice" in his mouth and unless enjoys that kind of "play" then I would think he would be puking his guts out on the first try. But even with water all Skeletor would have to do is send Mer-Man first. He'd love it!

I think they made the 200X SP look awesome! I am going to have to vote for that version.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Ugh . . . please 4H, absolutely no sad face.

I don't understand how the Staction is looking all that angry.
    If anything, it's more accurate to the downward slope of an actual elephant's brow.

The brighter colors from the Classic would be really welcomed by me.
    (Though practically no MOTUC's have had 'em thus far. )

But otherwise I would ignore the Classic figure itself and incorporate the Staction into the MOTUC template.
    ( Buck body + removable harness, etc.)

Also, I hope the 4H use the more modest-sized head of the Staction and not the goofy bobble-head of the Classic.

I seriously doubt that because he would actually have to have that "outhouse juice" in his mouth and unless enjoys that kind of "play" then I would think he would be puking his guts out on the first try. But even with water all Skeletor would have to do is send Mer-Man first. He'd love it!
    That's assuming he keeps all the water in his mouth! The whole elephant head setup is probably some sorta machine; latrine juice could easily be contained! Then Mer-Man is gona have to deal with stank water!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Actually, Snout Spout could be VERY dangerous. How do we know he can't adjust the water pressure when he sprays?

A water-jet cutter used in machining is capable of pressures up to 40,000 PSI, and can cut through solid steel like butter.

Now that is dangerous.
    True, a water jet cutter is dangerous but it is also a machine. We are talking about a biological. I was giving Snout Spout the benefit of the doubt by equating him with a firehose but now that I think of him as a living creature (more specifically an elephant) I highly doubt he can reach the psi of a water-jet cutter or a firehose. I think he has the same "reach" and "power" of an elephant when they are given themselves baths. That's how I see the extent of his water-spraying capabilities.