Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I've looked everywhere (well, Google image search that is), and I can't find images of the Eternian firefighters! Can anyone help. I have the comic, but I have almost all the comics, and don't feel like flipping through every single one to find them. Even if someone can tell me which comic they appear in, that would be a big help. Also, I'm curious about how the palace guard heads look on him. Not a fan of Val and Molarr.
    I can help! I made a thread a year or two ago about all the unique MVC characters that are possible for MOTUC. I have two .org MVC albums when you click my user name.

Here are the firefighters!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Oh perfect! Thanks! Well, I think the palace guard heads will look good on SS's body, for Eternian firefighters. I'd be a little miffed if Mattel made a firefighter army builders pack imediately though. Thanks for your help DS! Now I can sleep soundly!

Snouty should have come with that water cannon!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    From the UK comics
    Thanks for posting these. Very cool to see!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    This sticker business is chaos I tell you. Enough w/ them.
    You know you like 'em.

I just read the bio for SS and pulled a snippet:

"Self-conscious about his appearance and called "Snout Spout™" for his abilities to blast water from his cybernetic trunk, Jaxton often feels that everyone is always laughing at him."

MOTU heroes aren't self conscious! Or are they? Be proud, SS! You're like the only MOTU hero that can spew water!!

What do you guys think of his bio?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I love it!! Especially the whole Snout Spout having self-esteem problems!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I still got the impression, that this head sculpt is way behind its potential.

I don't want to feel sorry for a heroic warrior.

This isn't Emo MOTU!!!
    Last edited by Berserker79; November 11, 2011 at 08:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I still got the impression, that this head sculpt is way behind its potential.

I don't want to feel sorry for a heroic warrior.

This isn't Emo MOTU!!!

You're right. Out of all MOTUC characters Snouty is the one that needs to lift the most from his way more awesome staction sculpt
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Snouty should have come with that water cannon!!!
    But his whole face is a water cannon....

Too bad SS didn't come with a random Eternian Firefighter head like in that comic pic, as a hidden accessory. Then we could army build!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    You're right. Out of all MOTUC characters Snouty is the one that needs to lift the most from his way more awesome staction sculpt
    THis! I mean, it`s not about having a 100% staction head. It`s about to find a mix between vintage and staction.

I'm so geeked about all the Etherian characters this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That design from the mini-comic appears in the Power and Honor Foundation art book! It was the concept art for Snout Spout!
    I already like the MOTUC Snout Spout headsculpt, but the version in that mini-comic is awesome! Definitely an interesting change.

As for his bio, I actually like that he's kinda down on himself. It adds something interesting to his character. I actually felt sorry for him reading that mini-comic panel!

I think a UK MOTU comic had Marlena design the firemen suits for Eternos, the standard suit being the full Snouty costume with trunk and everything as a throwback to her Earth days. Then Hordak grabs a fireman and turns him evil then back to good.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I was able to pull the Val Kilmer head out of the Icarius silver helmet---with a little sanding and boring I was able to fit my palace guard helmetless heads inside the silver helmets---looks pretty good and a bit more=to the images. Try it both ways--I just wanted to share my recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Oh perfect! Thanks! Well, I think the palace guard heads will look good on SS's body, for Eternian firefighters. I'd be a little miffed if Mattel made a firefighter army builders pack imediately though. Thanks for your help DS! Now I can sleep soundly!

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Man, Snout Spout is a party pooper in that comic page. Cool eyes though.

I never had him as a kid, and am really looking forward to him. The more unique the better.

This thought just came to me recently and I didn't know if anyone else had brought it up.

I was always confused about Snout Spout showing up in POP episodes as Hose Nose. Do you think that it's possible for Matty to make a variant of Snout Spout called Hose Nose - similar to the Zodak and Zodac distinction.

Maybe both people are brothers, but Snout Spout works with He-Man while Hose Nose works with She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I was always confused about Snout Spout showing up in POP episodes as Hose Nose. Do you think that it's possible for Matty to make a variant of Snout Spout called Hose Nose - similar to the Zodak and Zodac distinction.
    Hose Nose was the prototype's name. They changed it. The cartoons used some prototype designs and names.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Hose Nose was the prototype's name. They changed it. The cartoons used some prototype designs and names.
    That helps to explain the confusion, but I also wonder if there would be demand for a separate Hose Nose figure.

Snout Spout's Bio

I've bolded a specific part of Snout Spout's bio.

A peasant from Etheria, Jaxton was one of three athletes abducted by Hordak® and cast into his experimentation matrix. There, like the others, Jaxton was grafted with cybernetic parts giving him both amazing powers and a bizarre form. After crossing through a Laser Gate to Eternia® with The Evil Horde™, Snout Spout™ escaped and joined with the renegade Masters of the Universe®. Self-conscious about his appearance and called "Snout Spout™" for his abilities to blast water from his cybernetic trunk, Jaxton often feels that everyone is always laughing at him. But when the Snake Men™ slither out and enemies attack, Snout Spout™ blasts them back with a super jetspray!

I'm assuming the other two abductees are RioBlast and Extender?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTKenniverse View Post
    I've bolded a specific part of Snout Spout's bio.

A peasant from Etheria, Jaxton was one of three athletes abducted by Hordak® and cast into his experimentation matrix. There, like the others, Jaxton was grafted with cybernetic parts giving him both amazing powers and a bizarre form. After crossing through a Laser Gate to Eternia® with The Evil Horde™, Snout Spout™ escaped and joined with the renegade Masters of the Universe®. Self-conscious about his appearance and called "Snout Spout™" for his abilities to blast water from his cybernetic trunk, Jaxton often feels that everyone is always laughing at him. But when the Snake Men™ slither out and enemies attack, Snout Spout™ blasts them back with a super jetspray!

I'm assuming the other two abductees are RioBlast and Extender?

I'd assume Dragstor over RioBlast.

Close, Dragstor and Extendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I'd assume Dragstor over RioBlast.
    For me, RioBlast came to mind because he has weapons popping out of his body parts.

But, since he still looks human I guess it makes sense that it wasn't Hordak that altered him.

In the UK comics Rio Blast came from a Cowboy planet. The indians set him a trap in which he was badly wounded and the village scientist/doctor turned him into a robocop. Then, if I remember correctly, Horde Prime tried to conquer the planet and after failing was all like "fine, I didn't want that fraking planet anyway" and blew it to bits. Rio Blast was just on flying patrol when the planet exploded and the shockwave blasted him to Eternia. Can't remember the name of the planet anymore.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Rio_Blast

He also makes frequent appearances in the UK comic series by London Editions. These comics give him a background as a member of an alien law team called the Starband Marshals, from the world of Loredos. After being injured defending his world from Horde Prime, he was given his cybernetic modifications to save his life as well as enhance his battle skill. While working in an Astro-Jail, his world was hit by a meteor and destroyed, a chunk of the exploding planet hit him and knocked him towards Eternia. Believing that Horde Prime was responsible for the meteor, Rio joined the Heroic Warriors in the hope of striking back on Prime for the destruction of his homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I hate to admit it but I've never heard of Wiki Grayskull. Looks like I have many hours upon universal hours of reading ahead of me!