Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

The staction Snout Spout looks like he could be the next Jason or Michael Meyers in a scary horror flick. Just look at his anger with his stance and the giant axe.

I think that is how the MOTUC Snout Spout needs to look. The character needs to look menacing in order to be taken seriously. There is a reason why many didn't like the vintage version. He looked too weak.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    True, a water jet cutter is dangerous but it is also a machine. We are talking about a biological. I was giving Snout Spout the benefit of the doubt by equating him with a firehose but now that I think of him as a living creature (more specifically an elephant) I highly doubt he can reach the psi of a water-jet cutter or a firehose. I think he has the same "reach" and "power" of an elephant when they are given themselves baths. That's how I see the extent of his water-spraying capabilities.
    Ahh, but he's clearly shown owning King Hsss in that cardback artwork. King Hsss, possessor of ancient magic, conqueror of worlds, the victor over Skeletor...getting knocked down by water. He must have been a very irate individual after returning to his lair that night. I've seen the Sorceress bring the thunder down on his candy-ass, and even she couldn't knock him down. Imagine how embarrassing it must be for an evil warlord to get knocked over by a cyborg elephant guy who squirts water? If anything he would be a great psychological tool for the heroic warriors to inflict even lower levels of self-esteem and shame onto the evil warriors.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    The whole elephant head setup is probably some sorta machine; latrine juice could easily be contained!
    No, I think he does have an elephant head and he is wearing a helmet over it. That's why the ears and the weapon needed to help lift and aim his trunk. The metal from his helmet is so heavy that he can no longer lift it with his trunk muscles alone hence the tripod accessory. So, he still would have to have the latrine juice in his mouth. Lick it up, Snout Spout. Lick it up. Nobody said the battle against evil wasn't go to be unpleasant and without sacrifice.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 25, 2009 at 06:06pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    The staction Snout Spout looks like he could be the next Jason or Michael Meyers in a scary horror flick.

Personally, I would prefer the Classic Snout Spout to look more
    like the staction, or utilize as much elements from it as possible.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Ahh, but he's clearly shown owning King Hsss in that cardback artwork. King Hsss, possessor of ancient magic, conqueror of worlds, the victor over Skeletor...getting knocked down by water. He must have been a very irate individual after returning to his lair that night. I've seen the Sorceress bring the thunder down on his candy-ass, and even she couldn't knock him down. Imagine how embarrassing it must be for an evil warlord to get knocked over by a cyborg elephant guy who squirts water? If anything he would be a great psychological tool for the heroic warriors to inflict even lower levels of self-esteem and shame onto the evil warriors.
    True but that drawing was probably done upon King Hssss initial meeting with Snout Spout. He was unfamiliar with his abilities and was surprised. Snout Spout's "abilities" only work one time and then everyone is wise to his gimmick. That's why you never saw Skeletor fall for that trick. He had seen Snout Spout do that trick to Beastman and stayed out of range. I mean look how close King Hsss is to Snout Spout. What?! 5 feet?! Yeah, let me walk up to an elephant who likes shooting water at people. I'm sure he was doing that again. Long range magic spells from now on or crossbows.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Actually, Snout Spout could be VERY dangerous. How do we know he can't adjust the water pressure when he sprays?

A water-jet cutter used in machining is capable of pressures up to 40,000 PSI, and can cut through solid steel like butter.

Now that is dangerous.
    That would make him awesome. I like that Idea.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No, I think he does have an elephant head and he is wearing a helmet over it. That's why the ears and the weapon needed to help lift and aim his trunk. The metal from his helmet is so heavy that he can no longer lift it with his trunk muscles alone hence the tripod accessory. So, he still would have to have the latrine juice in his mouth. Lick it up, Snout Spout. Lick it up. Nobody said the battle against evil easn't go to be unpleasant and without sacrifice.
    Ha! Cripes, I think I like Snout Spout more as an elephant headed man with a really heavy helmet on; for some reason I always thought it was a theme. Lick it up indeed, Snout Spout. Hope he's a fan of Kiss.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I never liked Snout Spout. I always felt there must have been some "special" punch in the office the day Mattel thought this one up . What is he, Eternia's fire chief? Puts out fires by day fights evil by night? They even gave him a firefighter's ax.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I never liked Snout Spout. I always felt there must have been some "special" punch in the office the day Mattel thought this one up . What is he, Eternia's fire chief? Puts out fires by day fights evil by night? They even gave him a firefighter's ax.
    Now that you mention it, jz, I was scanning my collection and he even has Barbecue's (G.I. Joe's resident firefighter) color scheme with the red body and the gray helmet. Hmmmm...Barbecue was released in 1985. I'm not sure when Snout Spout was released but they are very similar the two.

I had him as a kid, but he wasn't a favorite of mine. I'll probably skip him unless he is part of the 2010 subscription. It would be tempting to get him if he could squirt water, but I know that action feature is very doubtful.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I want Snout Spout to look like the 200x version. They should give him the same origin of the UK comics.
    An innocent villager who's life changed thanks to Hordak's experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I want a Snout Spout/Tuskador 2 pack!
    Here, here!! I'd love that!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I hate the guy. I don't know why, maybe it's the sad look on his elephant mask. (I'd had that look too If I had to wear that mask in public)
    I've always liked Snout Spout/Hose Nose (maybe he moonlights as a rapper - he likes rhyming, that's for sure), and the Staction version was even better than the original. I never thought about the possibility it might just be a firefighting mask and that he's prefectly 'normal' under it, but that might make sense.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I want Snout Spout to look like the 200x version. They should give him the same origin of the UK comics.
    An innocent villager who's life changed thanks to Hordak's experiments.
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4739/creat0007.jpg
    lol, he looks like Adams's little brother!

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I never liked Snout Spout. I always felt there must have been some "special" punch in the office the day Mattel thought this one up.
    Yeah, I hear you. I don't necessarily think that about Snout Spout, but other figures come to mind, like Mantenna.

interesting and not such a bad character

I'd like to see snout spout with his elephant head and a human head. I always thought that it was a fact that he was human underneath a mask, and that his mask was basically a variation on the standard eternian fire fighters outfit. I think that giving him a little more humanity would make him a little more endearing. I mean, who doesn't think fire fighters are heros? People have always been kind of down on this dude, which I think Is unfair. I'd like to see him get a little more respect.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

I am surprising myself with how much I would love to get a Snout Spout figure in MOTUC. I like both the Staction and the vintage look, and wouldn't be upset at Mattel for including both. I don't particularly care how he turns out, as long as he makes his appearance in the line eventually.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This is one of those times where I'd prefer if Mattel integrates new lore with certain classic characters like with MOTUC Zodak or get creative and change things up a bit. What if Snout Spout is from a tribe of anthropomorphic elephant warriors (similar to the 4H's 7th Kingdom line--they kinda had that theme of anthropomorphic tribes in the MOTU 200X series) and Snout Spout was one of the firefighters who got severely injured from a battle and then brought back as a cyborg by Man at Arms. It would be awesome to see Snout Spout in this incarnation and as big as one of the 7K elephant warriors.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    You guys remember that the action figure of 200x Snout Spout was to have a removable panel on his head to show his mechanical "brain"?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I hope they stay more true to the original design. Especially with the facial head sculpt. I never cared much for that super-angry 200x look.
    I'm right there with you, though I want the end of his trunk to be pursed like in art featured on the back of the card. Also, please Mattel. -- No alternate head and accessories on this guy.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I liked the 200X version, the head, the weapons... All is perfect for me.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I love this design!

Snout Spout, as he appeared in the 1986 MOTU mini-comic Eye of the Storm. Since they can use artwork from the mini-comics in these designs, I think this version would be a cool way to go for the figure. Those red eyes rock! The shoulder armor and gold axe are also nice touches. Plus, the red circles where the tusks would be are very similar to the Snout Spout staction!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 30, 2009 at 10:33pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Hmm... That mini comic Snout Spout looks better than the vintage toy. (That mini comic's story reminds me of Mekaneck's lament.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Hmm... That mini comic Snout Spout looks better than the vintage toy. (That mini comic's story reminds me of Mekaneck's lament.)
    I have a feeling that the 4H were inspired by that mini-comic when they created the Snout Spout staction. The red circles that appear where the tusks would be on Snout Spout in the comic appear on the staction. The one tank on his back in the comic also looks similar to the one tank that was added to the red "back pack/jet pack" on the staction.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 1, 2009 at 03:54pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Warrior
    In my opinion, MOTUC Snout Spout could have an 1980's inspired body.

But please, oh PLEASE, apply the 200X look to his face !

The 1980's face was really dull looking.

I also think the 200X axe is awesome...

Given that he’d require no more new parts than Hordak or He-Ro I think he stands a good chance of eventually getting made. I wouldn’t place any bets on seeing him soon though.

While I have to admit that his power is kind of lame, I still would like to add him to my collection. I guess if the water squirting isn’t enough you could pretend that he has the strength of an elephant. That alone would make him a worthy opponent on the battle field. But all it would take is for Beast Man to send some mice at him and he’d go running scared.