Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snout Spout Discussion thread.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    The staction proved that Snout Spout can look cool. Even an update of the original version can look cool in their hands. I have faith he will look awesome.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I hope in AF very similar to the vintage chatacters of cartoon!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    snout spout never really seemed to fit in motu. especially as a warrior. just a fire fighter. is he an Eternian fire fighter with a tragic accident that made him what he is or a elephant man?

loved the 200x snout spout. i would love to own all motuc but some characters are lame. if certain figures were redone as 200x classic half bread

i think he could use something strapped to his back as a water pressurizer or something that can put fires out of be used as a weapon.

-water pressurizer gun with a tube that connects to his backpack.
    - axe

just an idea

Two things I LOVED about the Staction SS: his head and his legs.

There really isn't any hope of getting his legs back for the MOTUC release, but I really hope they stay on the 200X side of things for his head. At least keep it looking more Elephant-like than cartoon-y elephant-y looking thing.

Dear lord, let him look more like the staction ... the vintage figure (in my opinion) looks ridiculous.

The staction looks like somebody who could fight alongside the other Herioc Warriors and not get his @$$ handed to him in the first four seconds. That's more what I want from my MotUC.

I guess the difference for me is this:

If he looks like the vintage figure and he's the regular monthly release, I'll get him (via the subscription) and move on. If he were a bonus, I might pass.

If he looks like the staction, I'll actually be eager to get him and display him with the rest.

Just updated my Avatar... Pretty easy to guess what classic version of Snout Spout I would like to see released!
    Even Orko agrees... red eyes are cool!

If they wanted too, they could probably have it so the red goggles can snap on and off, so people who like the sad yellow eyes can still enjoy them.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 13, 2009 at 01:06pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Warrior
    I am eagerly awaiting a MOTUC version of Snout Spout to add to my collection. I hope they make him look like he did in the "Eye of the Storm" mini comic. He looked great with the big red eyes without pupils.

i know its not what we'll get, but the 200x version of snout spout looked kinda bad ass, which considering hes a goofy lookin guy with an elephant head...is quite an acheivement. I'd like it if motuc Spouty had a 200xesque head..although thats likely not what would happen.

I never had a Snout Spout as a kid... and it would be cool to have one made in figure form for the current line.

I figure that perhaps as a human fire fighter he was badly injured and was badly burned.. especially his face. He was saved with new mechanical enhancements.. much like Trap Jaw. I think having something like this in his bio would make some sense.

As for his appearance. I really do like his 200x look. He looks more menacing and more warrior like. I wonder as well.. we all seem to be focusing on his ability to squirt water as his main ability.. but please correct me if I am wrong.. but aren't the trunks of elephants super strong?! Could he not also weild a weapon with his trunk as well as crush things with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    As for his appearance. I really do like his 200x look. He looks more menacing and more warrior like. I wonder as well.. we all seem to be focusing on his ability to squirt water as his main ability.. but please correct me if I am wrong.. but aren't the trunks of elephants super strong?! Could he not also weild a weapon with his trunk as well as crush things with it?
    There is no doubt in my mind that he could. As for the water gimmick..we know thats not going to happen as it goes against what the line is about.
    Maybe if they made his trunk out of several interconnecting/ball and socket peices? hmm...yes i like that idea..means you could get some articulation out of the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    Maybe if they made his trunk out of several interconnecting/ball and socket peices? hmm...yes i like that idea..means you could get some articulation out of the trunk.
    That is a really cool idea!

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    ThaT would be Amazing and awesome at the same time...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I hate the guy. I don't know why, maybe it's the sad look on his elephant mask. (I'd had that look too If I had to wear that mask in public)
    Sure the staction made Snout Spout LOOK cool, but since This is MOTUC, more vintage features might appear on the sad Eternian Firefighter...

So let's talk about Snout Spout!! Show your love/hate/indifference towards the guy...
    Hate, hate, hate him. Stupid idea for a character that was supposed to appeal to children back in the 80's. He is one of the few that I would probably sell immediately out of my subscription. I have absolutely no use for this silly character.
    But, as is my M.O., if others want him, then Mattel needs to make him. I can appreciate some folk's nostalgia for the guy. I'll sacrifice a spot on the roster if there is enough support.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Primal View Post
    This is one of those times where I'd prefer if Mattel integrates new lore with certain classic characters like with MOTUC Zodak or get creative and change things up a bit. What if Snout Spout is from a tribe of anthropomorphic elephant warriors (similar to the 4H's 7th Kingdom line--they kinda had that theme of anthropomorphic tribes in the MOTU 200X series) and Snout Spout was one of the firefighters who got severely injured from a battle and then brought back as a cyborg by Man at Arms. It would be awesome to see Snout Spout in this incarnation and as big as one of the 7K elephant warriors.
    I really like this idea...

the snout spout i want

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I want Snout Spout a lot. I loved the character as a kid. I mean, I dunno why, but I always loved his goofy-look and what not. I'd like to see a nice blend of mechanical and organic parts used...like New Mechanical Head + Trap-Jaw's Legs + the body being the regular "Man" Buck, with new armor straps and axe. I think that would make SS look great!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Snout Spout is COOL!! What are you guys talking about, just let MOTUC bring him to articulated life & you will love him for sure!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Snout Spout is on the new trademark lists so to this topic I say:
    "Wise fwom you Gwave!"
    He's Coming... now we'll know if he's a man, a beast, a cyborg... He might even have a real name... Here's hoping for 2 heads... I'll give mine the 200X...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Why I think Snout Spout should have 2 heads

In the MVC comic books, one issue had Eternian Firefighters tackling a blaze. Their bodies looked like Snout Spout's but they had human heads with grey helmets.

Wouldn't it be cool if, when they make a Snout Spout figure in MOTUC, they give him his normal elephant head, but also pack in an alternate head so he can be displayed as an Eternian Firefighter?

That way, people who maybe don't want a figure of an elephant headed guy might still buy the figure.

What do you think?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    with a regular head and a mustache, i bet he'd look like an x-wing pilot

Meh. I'd rather see the removable face plate idea come to life that was previewed when the prototype of the 200X figure was shown.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Any of those ideas would get me to want a Snout Spout. As a stand alone character I never really wanted him even when I was younger. It's not a character I care for.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I want nothing more than an Eternian firefighter.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Who cares an eternian firefighter??? I just want Snout Spout. He can end with all fires...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

If Snout Spout came with an additional firefighter head, I'd buy atleast three Snout Spouts, maybe even more!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback