Thread: Tally all differences between orig.-rerelease He-man

Tally all differences between orig.-rerelease He-man

Okay, so I've examined both figures very carefully under natural, flourescent, and standard lighting and found many differences between the two, aside from the obvious ones (red-eye, reversed shoulders, smaller crotch piece). I'm guessing a lot of these won't photograph, and can only be seen by the naked eye. My wife reluctantly (love ya honey) agreed to double check and confirm/deny my findings. We agreed on all points.

First release...more orange skin tone
    Re-release...more olive skin tone

First release...more brownish boots/loincloth
    Re-release...more reddish boots/loincloth

First release...very slightly lighter hair color
    Re-release...very slightly darker hair color, repositioned eyebrows

First release...lighter gray harness
    Re-release...darker gray harness, red appears same on both versions

First release...sword, axe, shield slightly darker gray plastic
    Re-release...sword, axe, shield slightly lighter gray plastic, darker red paint on shield

None of these things detract from either figure, but I thought them worth mentioning here. If anybody else sees anything I missed, please add it.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; November 24, 2009 at 10:15pm.

Don't forget the narrower crotch joint and softer rubber/plastic/furry shorts!

Also the fixed shoulders.

In every comparison pic i`ve seen i notice the re release looks a tad taller than the original

Heroic Warrior
    The original half sword had four pegs on the back holding it to the other half sword...this one has five...changing the mold.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyjesus View Post
    The original half sword had four pegs on the back holding it to the other half sword...this one has five...changing the mold.
    Interesting! So, if somebody only has the re-release He-Man, but an original Skeletor, they cannot combine swords?

That kind of sucks.

Heroic Warrior
    No, it can combine...the Skeletor already had five holes. Of course, there might be some people with a Skeletor sword with only four, but I don't know. Surprised no one noticed that yet.
    www.toyjesus.com
    All your MOTU Sticker and Instruction needs!

I was very happy to see that the new HM 1/2 sord fits with the Skelly 1/2 sword so much better! That's probably my very favorite change, to be honest.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyjesus View Post
    My first release He-Man's half sword has 5 pegs.

How is the ankle-articulation on "The Original" He-man?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by REX-203 View Post
    Don't forget the [...] softer rubber/plastic/furry shorts!
    HOW MUCH softer?

my original sword only had 4 pegs. And the top one of them was squashed so wouldn't connect properly. Very glad to hear the new one has 5 pegs. also interested that the colours are slightly different. looking forward to when he arrives

regarding ankle joints, my original he-man has no problems with any of them. it was only around mer-man i started to notice problems with loose joints
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    regarding ankle joints, my original he-man has no problems with any of them. it was only around mer-man i started to notice problems with loose joints
    Does the Original He-man's ankle have any left-right side-to-side movement? If I remember correctly Man-at-Arms and Tri-Klops had movement that way but the first release of He-man did not.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Does the Original He-man's ankle have any left-right side-to-side movement? If I remember correctly Man-at-Arms and Tri-Klops had movement that way but the first release of He-man did not.

Heidi
    My first edition He-Man does have side-to-side ankles. They don't move very far, but it's the same amount of movement M-A-A and Tri-Klops have.

Thanks for the info, RocketPunch. I don't have the first-edition He-man anymore, but I don't recall him having side to side movement in the ankle. Or if he did, it was very minimal.

Heidi

My marketplace feedback

No problem. As far as I can tell, King Grayskull is the only figure that doesn't have side-to-side ankles.

The paint on the feet of the reissue match the color of the boots better than on the the original.

The reissue appears to have a very faint paint wash on the loin cloth while the original was completely unpainted.

The serial number printed on the bottom of the reissue feet go across the foot horizontally while on the original it went lengthwise.

Ya'll have left out the red eye issue as well.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

The elbow joint pegs are painted on my reissue He-Man, while the original pegs are flesh colored plastic. I noticed it because the paint is cracked and looks really bad on the reissue.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

The wrist bands have different finishes, and the loin cloth has a little black wash at the top, just below the belt, on the reissue.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!