November 25, 2009, 04:38pm
WTFWTK 2.29 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by The.Idea.of.Evil,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. The.Idea.of.Evil: You have told us that all females will share similar body parts. So, does this apply to female figure height as well? Many fans are concerned about Teela's height, as she appears to be the same height of (maybe even taller than) the male figures.
2. nato: At SDCC, it was mentioned that Mattel is looking into making large-scale figures. Since the MOTUC figures are sharing sculpts and probably won't vary in scale, were you instead talking about a large-scale MOTUC line similar to the large-scale Ghostbusters figures?
3. RocketPunch: Since it's supposed to be cloned from the Power Sword in the MOTUC canon, would it be possible for Adora's Sword of Protection to be painted 2-tones of silver in order to match He-Man's (with the gray hilt and metallic blade)?
4. Patreek: Fans are concerned about the availability of Ninjor's trademark/name. Has it been secured so we will get Ninjor, or will we have to settle for a new name?
5. Darkspecter: We have been told that female figures will use the one-piece outfit. Would Mattel consider making it a two-piece outfit instead so they can use the waist-twist feature, especially for female figures that have distinct waists, skirts, pants, etc?
So ask those questions!
November 25, 2009, 04:55pm
November 25, 2009, 05:27pm
Will Mattel step up it's quality control to seriously limit defects and missing accessories since we can no longer get exchanges on figures that sell out usually in hours? And will there be a specific department at customer service to deal with returns? Many of us have been getting sent back and forth from Mattel to Digital River and never get anyone to help.
November 25, 2009, 09:29pm
Heroic Evil Warrior!
Some fans have received Scareglow figures that were missing the "Cursed Grayskull reliquary" and/or the key inside, will Mattel be able and willing to send out these missing accessories to these fans, in time?
November 25, 2009, 11:35pm
Will Battle Cat come in a white mailer like the regular figures to prevent it from damage in the mail?
November 25, 2009, 11:55pm
The REAL Mo-Larr
Are there any plans to do a "voter's choice" figure in 2010? Many fans would LOVE to have a small influence in this awesome line and this sort of thing could really drum up even more "buzz" for the MOTUC's line (as if it needs more ).
November 26, 2009, 12:05am
First off let me apologize if this has been asked a million times. Now that the obligatory apology is out of the way, Will vehicles from the different line be included in the large scale beast figures? Vehicles like Attak Trak and the Land Shark for example.
November 26, 2009, 04:11am
free electronic content
Will Matty make available for free electronic content to MOTU fan through mattycollector website or through the newsletter ? And if "yes", when can we expect this feature to begin?
It would be a good way to please the fans with wallpaper, phone sound (I would love to download King grayskull "I have the power" in hight quality ), flash BD, 1 page story, concept art, studio photo gallery, 4H (or anyone else at involved in MOTUC line) interviews, etc …
November 26, 2009, 05:35am
The Goddess & Teela's neckpeg's are too long, which prevents the Cobra Armor from fitting correctly - the grooves on the back of their armor should line up with the chest.
Will the problem with the Goddess & Teela's long neckpegs be corrected on future female figures and reissues?
November 26, 2009, 02:50pm
#1 Meteorb Fan!
We all know that Club Eternia members will receive a Wun-Dar figure & a poster map as bonuses, but it was also stated we will receive some other items also. When might me find out what these other items are?
November 26, 2009, 03:47pm
It is confirmed that Catra will be labeled as a Evil Horde member, does it mean that she'll have a Horde sign/emblem on her outfit like in cartoon?