Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.27!

Getting "Serbia on their list" might actually be a lot harder than some may think. When some company cannot ship to some particular country the reason usually lies with the merchant service provider (the bank) which processes the credit card payments on behalf of the company. Usually these banks spend lots of $$$ to gather statistics about credit card fraud (unauthorized chargebanks, stolen credit cards, unauthorized purchases, identity theft) on a country by country basis and if they don't like what they see they'll refuse to deal with that country and put it on a blacklist. It will be REALLY hard for Digital River to have their request accepted as banks and merchant service providers are usually quite unflexible when it comes to stuff like this. I have first hand experience of how unflexible they can be, but again for a big company like DR things might be different and they might be more willing to accomodate their needs. But I wouldn't rejoice too much about this reply until this actually happens.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Love that Catra will be a Horde member. Thanks again for the answers!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Iron Handed Serbian Man Papa_Taz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Getting "Serbia on their list" might actually be a lot harder than some may think. When some company cannot ship to some particular country the reason usually lies with the merchant service provider (the bank) which processes the credit card payments on behalf of the company. Usually these banks spend lots of $$$ to gather statistics about credit card fraud (unauthorized chargebanks, stolen credit cards, unauthorized purchases, identity theft) on a country by country basis and if they don't like what they see they'll refuse to deal with that country and put it on a blacklist. It will be REALLY hard for Digital River to have their request accepted as banks and merchant service providers are usually quite unflexible when it comes to stuff like this. I have first hand experience of how unflexible they can be, but again for a big company like DR things might be different and they might be more willing to accomodate their needs. But I wouldn't rejoice too much about this reply until this actually happens.
    True,
    but starting next year, PayPal becomes active in Serbia, and in less than a month we will be able to travel to Shengen countries without visas, so I'd say things are moving up for Serbia

Plus, it sucks that I'm able to order from, say BBTS and Amazon for years, while I had to pass on most of MOTUC figures because of DRs outdated politics...
    I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter.

I don't think it's DR. It's probably their merchant service provider and if you can order from BBTS and Amazon that's because they use a merchant service provider that accepts Serbia. When the place I work at is unable to process payments from some country it is because our merchant service provider does not allow us to, not because we don't want to.

Personally I agree that this kind of discrimination that merchant service providers employ is uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    No, you didn't miss anything, Arthur. My question pertained to Catra's future status as a Horde member, NOT to her hopeful release. So now we know that if/when she's done, she'll at the very least have a Horde sticker on her bubble. But that's a big "IF" atm.
    Do you really think Catra is "a big IF?"

I think Catra is a common-sense choice for a figure... I think we will get her in 2010... which would be AMAZING. She's a GREAT character, and they have SO much they could do with her bio.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Pardon my ignorance, but whats an Attitube?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

A vinyl toy resembling an MOTU figure in funny poses. Searh for "MOTU attitubes" and you will find many pictures of the ones shown at SDCC.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. cyberv: If/when Catra is released, will she be an Evil Horde member? The original POP figure was not labeled this way but this is how most fans remember her.

Yes, she will be an evil Horde member.
    I'd heard about this over Thanksgiving, I can't wait to see Catra! =D
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon