Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Butthead speculation

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I don't think you understand what I mean. When I say that Butt-Head and Modulok aren't comparable it's because Modulok isn't a low brow joke of a figure. This has nothing to do with your theory on why people dislike 200X.
    The only thing low brow is his name.

People dislike 200X for different reasons than NA, although any non-Filmation era does get hate.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I like Butthead and I trust FH!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Modulok isn't a low brow joke of a figure.
    Oh, I beg to differ...

Heroic Warrior
    I'll admit that I know very little about NA He-Man. Pretty much all I ever gathered was He-Man wearing blue pants in outer-space.

I never knew about characters like slush-head and now this guy...Butt-Head...OMG. My condolences go out to you 90s He-Man fans...Butt-Head?!? I know He-Man names are oversimplified but Butt-Head is ridiculous...I mean the implied joke in his name is reason enough.

Maybe his real name will be BH and they'll mention something in his bio about how the Mutants called him Butt Head just to spite him and because of his power. That's really all I've got. I just thought it was dumb to make a toy with the name Butt Head and then call him BH in the cartoon. Both were being marketed to kids, so they were getting exposed to his name in some form.

It's not like the name change for the Austin Powers toyline where Fat ******* became Fat Man. The initial name was done in a movie that's not for kids. In the case of NA, both the toyline and the cartoon were both marketed for kids. It's like they hit a censorship wall that wasn't there for the toys when Butt Head came around.

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Maybe his real name will be BH and they'll mention something in his bio about how the Mutants called him Butt Head just to spite him and because of his power.
    I think it will be something along these lines, like Butthead is a nickname since the Mutants are notorious for trashing each other due to the comedic nature of the NA show.

I can see them re-using some He-Ro or Zodak parts though, especially in the boots/leg armor
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If there is a bright center of the universe, I live in the city farthest from.
    This is a horrible idea for a figure, who would want this "thing" over the likes of say Clawful, a Horde Trooper, Man-E-Faces, hell even Gwildor (yeah I went there). The new adventures design(s) are lacking at best. This is a joke for a thread, right? The Craw, Ski, Ill, MANDO, Khev, Kuzeg, UTfan, all disagree.
    "Good journey."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    no offense but some of those NA figures should have never been made. what would a parent say if their kid asked for a butthead figure?

They could be asking for worse things... And of course, that is your opinion, which you are entitled to. Personally, I can't wait to see how many of these NA figures are handled for Classics.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    OK. I have the original NA figure (I bought it for the fun and the diversity of it), and yes, I think Butthead is hilarious !

I must add that the name Butthead is not any sillier than say Stinkor, for instance.

Now obviously, Butthead needs (in all emergency) a new and much better face (please, no more "rabid granny" face) !
    The original Butthead looks a bit better with his helmet on, I must say.

I'm particularly curious to see how the 4 Horsemen will tranform lesser characters like Butthead or Insyzor, which were lesser in quality too... I do believe that if that kind of figure is made awesome and cool by the 4 Horsemen, it might be a key to the success of long life for MOTUC...

I've always considered myself the original NA figures like "second-zone" and "lesser" figures (and yet, I have almost all of them) compared with MOTU figures. So I really hope that this time around, these figures will receive the quality and attention they actually deserved. For one thing, we already know that they will not share the thin bodies, but the normal Classics type of body. I do believe this is a good start.

Anyway, we know this will be an interesting challenge. If the 4 Horsemen and Mattel succeed in making cool "MOTUC NA" figures, the line will extend and live longer. If they screw the "MOTUC NA" figures, well, let's say that the MOTUC line might have a shorter life expectancy...

Now, we just have to wait and see... I can't wait to see the result of the 1st NA figure that will sport the Classics look. It should be interesting.

If there is a bright center of the universe, I live in the city farthest from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    OK. I have the original NA figure (I bought it for the fun and the diversity of it), and yes, I think Butthead is hilarious !

I must add that the name Butthead is not any sillier than say Stinkor, for instance.

Now obviously, Butthead needs (in all emergency) a new and much better face (please, no more "rabid granny" face) !
    The original Butthead looks a bit better with his helmet on, I must say.

I'm particularly curious to see how the 4 Horsemen will tranform lesser characters like Butthead or Insyzor, which were lesser in quality too... I do believe that if that kind of figure is made awesome and cool by the 4 Horsemen, it might be a key to the success of long life for MOTUC...

I've always considered myself the original NA figures like "second-zone" and "lesser" figures (and yet, I have almost all of them) compared with MOTU figures. So I really hope that this time around, these figures will receive the quality and attention they actually deserved. For one thing, we already know that they will not share the thin bodies, but the normal Classics type of body. I do believe this is a good start.

Anyway, we know this will be an interesting challenge. If the 4 Horsemen and Mattel succeed in making cool "MOTUC NA" figures, the line will extend and live longer. If they screw the "MOTUC NA" figures, well, let's say that the MOTUC line might have a shorter life expectancy...

Now, we just have to wait and see... I can't wait to see the result of the 1st NA figure that will sport the Classics look. It should be interesting.
    You're serious?
    "Good journey."

MotUC Butthead Speculation

Butthead. Has that name been copyrighted to some other property (as part of Bevis & Butthead)? Can Mattel even use that name? Would the name be considered to be too rude for a toy, since it does have "Butt" as part of the name?

If they do do the figure though, do you think

1) he should come with his helmet and weapon
    2) his chest should be able to flip such that the head points forward as in the vintage toy
    3) he will have a replacable neck like Mekaneck
    4) who he will reuse parts from

Discuss!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I could've posted this in that other thread started by Novelty, but that seems to be for the vintage figures. So:

Just about every body part shared with Man-e-Faces. If M-e-F comes with joint for interchangable faces, then Butthead could come with an add-on neck piece that has two holes. One in the end for the head up, and one on the side for head front. The wobbly female head joint would be useful for the Butt-Head... Näytä lisää. And the axe could be the same as with Blast-Attak without the figure missing out much.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Butthead. Has that name been copyrighted to some other property (as part of Bevis & Butthead)? Can Mattel even use that name? Would the name be considered to be too rude for a toy, since it does have "Butt" as part of the name?
    Since this line is aimed at adult collectors, i don't think any name should be deemed 'to rude' just because the word butt is there. We all should be mature enough to look past that.
    there's toys out there with alot worse names... don't get me started on Ram man, or Battle Fist.... allot of connotations could be made with those names.

in a world where just about every name can be poked fun at, butthead doesn't sound too bad. Not sure if they can use the name since Beavis & Butt-head is a pretty well established & popular series.

if it's a copywright issue they could just change the name to headbutt.... we'd all know his real name anyway, so no big deal.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

If they can't call him Butthead, do you think that they can simply call him "B.H." like they did in the cartoon. Personally, I'd like to see as many aspects of the cartoon design incorporated into the MOTUC figure of him that can be. I liked the duller green used on the cartoon more than the bright line green used on the vintage figure.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I don't know much about ol' Butthead, but I do look forward to his inlusion in MOTUC!~
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Iron Handed Serbian Man Papa_Taz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    They could always name him Battle Butt!
    I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I don't know much about ol' Butthead, but I do look forward to his inlusion in MOTUC!~
    i completely agree with this post.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Since this line is aimed at adult collectors, i don't think any name should be deemed 'to rude' just because the word butt is there. We all should be mature enough to look past that.
    there's toys out there with alot worse names... don't get me started on Ram man, or Battle Fist.... allot of connotations could be made with those names.

in a world where just about every name can be poked fun at, butthead doesn't sound too bad. Not sure if they can use the name since Beavis & Butt-head is a pretty well established & popular series.

if it's a copywright issue they could just change the name to headbutt.... we'd all know his real name anyway, so no big deal.
    especially when you consider the dude with the giant metal glove is named Fisto....
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Easy solution; call him BH.

want him...now!...or tomorrow

could look a little like this:

Court Magician

So in this day and age...

Can we actually have a Toy called Butthead..lol.

I know Beavis isn't around to join him, but....Will they have to rework the name?
    Collecting MOTUC since Dec. 09

I doubt they'll have an issue there or at least I hope not. In the show they called him BH probably because of the other butthead character. But this is a toy line and I doubt anyone would use butthead for a toy besides Mattel.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Or they might have to do some lame copout like Warrior Butthead or Squiddish "Butthead" Rqazz or something.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

In an adult collector's line? Yes. Yes they can. And Pink, come on, if they did a "real" name for him, you know it would have to be something like Gluteus Cranious or something.

EDIT: Eh heh heh...didn't think about the copyright thing. Okay, so no, I'm not sure if they can do that name. Regardless, when did Beavis and Butthead come out? Was that before or after NA?
    Last edited by Alexx; February 22, 2010 at 12:53pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.