Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dec. 1st MOTUC Q&A's from Around the Net

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Dec. 1st MOTUC Q&A's from Around the Net

It's here!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/12/ask-matty-1219

2. You recently posted on your Face Book page that you have gotten early samples in for the MOTUC Mossman figure. While you said the flocking was not quite the right color, what about the application itself? Did the partial flocking work out well so he is still “mossy” but his articulation is not inhibited?

Yes, he still has Moss covering 80-90% of his body. The areas we could not flock include the shoulders, knees and elbow joints.

4. I think it is safe to say that the reaction to Adora’s skirt/bodysuit piece (the portion below the belt, covering the hips) has been mixed. Many fans feel it is too fat and clunky, as you looking at ways to make it look more streamlined and feminine for future figures like Glimmer?

We went right to the Four Horsemen for this one:

“We will definitely try and push things in that direction. The biggest issue at this point is that if the bodysuit is cut too much higher, the unsightly (yet functional) articulation will show through. When we designed the female base figure we had to make something that would work on as many characters as possible. The design as is may fit some characters a little better than others. In the future if there is room for additional tooling things may change, but until then we will try and address this issue as best we can.”
    http://pendragonspost.blogspot.com/2009/12/ask-matty-matty-answers-12109.html

4) Which MOTU/POP and DC Comics character, which has not yet appeared, is especially popular in your company? Whom would you like to see as a figure?

Buzz Off, Man-E-Face and Spikor are pretty popular around here. In the POP world, Frosta, Catra and the Star Sisters would be great. For DCU, Legion of Superheroes, WWII characters and Kamandi are personal favorites of Toy Guru!

At the end of the day, tooling availability, spreading out A list characters and licensor approvals all come into play with character selection. Just because our design team likes a figure, does not guarantee it makes it into the line. We also look A LOT at fan requests online for inspiration!
    http://www.bzzurkk.com/2009/12/ask-mattel-december-1st-2009/

BZZURKK – We don’t currently have a Masters of the Universe comic to wet are comic reading appetites. Why not have a short (5-10) page comic with each figure?

Mattel - Oh, I hear you on fan demand for this. Unfortunately comics are just not something in the cards right now.
    http://tnts.dirtmound.com/article.php?story=20091201162546802

1) Any idea if there is going to be a completely new sculpt for the release of MOTUC Prince Adam (different build and features) like the 200x series, or will it be a modified MOTUC He-Man base model?

In time we are looking to do both.

2) On facebook you said that you had a packaged Battlecat but the package was damaged, when will we see him in his package?

Once we get a correct package in!

3) With the success of the MOTU Art book, will there be another one at any stage?

Not as this time. This was a one time offer.

4) Any possibility of a 3 3/4" set of MOTU figures and playsets at some point?

Very cool suggestion but nothing is planned right now.

5) We understand we probably won't get any castles unless a movie comes out, but is there any chance of vehicles like the Battle Ram, Attack Track, or Wind Raider?

We’ll have to see how Battle Cat performs before committing to anything larger or more tooling intensive like a vehicle. Vehicles are also tough since they can only be used once vs. Battle Cat which can also be reissued as Panthor and Clawdeen.
    http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=2649

2. Mr. Rant asks: I’m content with the Wonder Twins Eagle standing in for Zoar and Screech, but is there any chance of the birds getting their harnesses anytime soon?

Yes, we do have plans for the perch and harness for the MOTU birds in all the needed colors! Stay tuned.

3. Manekochan asks: Thanks for the Plastic Man answers. I think he’s the announced figure I’m most excited about (unannounced is Ambush Bug! You gotta make him!). What unreleased figure, across any of the lines you cover, are you most looking forward to seeing hit the toy aisles?

BattleCat from MOTU Classics is a huge favorite around here as are finishing the rest of the Ghostbuster crew. In the DC world, our Retro Action vintage cloth figures (starting with Green Arrow, available Dec 15th only on Mattycollector.com) is going to be great!
    http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattel-qa-answers-dec109

Q1: After the re-releases of He-Man and Skeletor, which other figures will be getting re-released? Will we get another chance to pick up Man-at-Arms and Beast Man from Matty or is the only way to get these off of the secondary market?

A1: Yes, we do plan to get to more re-releases in time. Not every figure will be re-released, but the main A list characters like He-Man and Skeletor will.
    http://www.figures.com/forums/news/9750-ask-matty-december-1st-q.html

1) Now that Evil Lyn has been confirmed as the Club Eternia April figure, will she include tons of packed in accessories like Teela and will she have interchangeable heads as well?

Quote:
    That remains to be announced!

2) Aside from the Evil Lyn announcement, will Matty be revealing any other Club Eternia 2010 figure before Toy Fair?

Quote:
    Likely yes, but we can’t confirm quite yet.

3) Is there any chance that next year’s MOTUC release schedule may include a Snakeman or two?

Quote:
    We need to wait to see how the bonus figures do before announcing any more 2010 figures, but we are eager to get to the Snake Men!

4) The MOTUC King Randor figure looks great but it has absolutely no 200X influence in it’s design. Is there a possibility we may get a 200X-styled Randor in the near future?

Quote:
    Yes, we could get to a 200X version of Randor in time (in the classics style mind you).

5) Will the Bonus Wun-Dar figure come in the traditional blister card package as the rest of the line and will the Eternia map be inserted in the toy package as well?

Quote:
    Wun-Dar will come on a traditional card with bio and cross sell to fit perfectly in your mint on card collection. The poster will be packed out separately but shipped together.
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/12/mattel-answers-for-december-1.html

1.) Tom-Tom asks: How expensive would it be in the short run to switch to an alternative-source plastic like Thermoplastic starch biodegradable plastics? That way, there’d be lower production costs and lower MSRPs in the long run.

A cool suggestion but not something logistically we can switch to.

2.) Mark asks: Why are you giving your new WWE figures great cloth capes and coats, etc., but continuing with plastic capes on MOTUC and DCUC?

This is an aesthetic choice made by each brand.

3.) Dayraven asks: With the majority of MOTUC figures so far requiring only minor new tooling with each new figure, what will happen when the line exhausts these characters and all that’s left to produce are characters that will need completely unique tooling (like Ram-Man or Two-Bad)?

We have a long term plan in place to spread the fully tool’d figures out mixed with low tool figures each year. This helps make the line economical for Mattel while still getting all the characters out for fans. In 2009, Teela was a fully tool’d figure after all!
    http://www.toyark.com/news/toyark-spotlight-48/ask-matty-dec-1-answers-for-toyarkcom-2024/

Toyark.com: Is Mattel planning to make a full line of She-Ra Princess of Power figures for MOTU Classics?

Mattel: The long term plan is to get to all the figures from the original Princess of Power line in the MOTUC line.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 2, 2009 at 10:40am.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

The Star Sisters? Best news ever. Hopefully they get to all of them on that list and more.

Heroic Warrior
    Great to know that Spikor finally gets some attention !

Also a good news for Buzz-Off, Man-E-Face, Catra, Frosta and YES ! The Star Sisters !

Now, if Buzz-Off is made, it owuld make sense : Buzz-Off legs can also be used for Clawful and Whiplash, and his left arm can be used for Clawful.

In my opinion, as far as shared tooling is concerned, Buzz-Off, Clawful and Whiplash were obvious choices.

ok. I have to admit. i have no idea about the star sisters. I was never a huge fan of POP. (i only watched the cartoon. never had the toys)

I am glad for the fans that want them.

From That New Toy Smell!

http://www.thatnewtoysmell.com

1) Any idea if there is going to be a completely new sculpt for the release of MOTUC Prince Adam (different build and features) like the 200x series, or will it be a modified MOTUC He-Man base model?

In time we are looking to do both.

2) On facebook you said that you had a packaged Battlecat but the package was damaged, when will we see him in his package?

Once we get a correct package in!

3) With the success of the MOTU Art book, will there be another one at any stage?

Not as this time. This was a one time offer.

4) Any possibility of a 3 3/4" set of MOTU figures and playsets at some point?

Very cool suggestion but nothing is planned right now.

5) We understand we probably won't get any castles unless a movie comes out, but is there any chance of vehicles like the Battle Ram, Attack Track, or Wind Raider?

We’ll have to see how Battle Cat performs before committing to anything larger or more tooling intensive like a vehicle. Vehicles are also tough since they can only be used once vs. Battle Cat which can also be reissued as Panthor and Clawdeen.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

They are planning to do BOTH Adams! Just like they plan to do both Evil-Lyns! There have been plenty of debate as to which versions we are getting. Let the debating end as we are getting both versions! If you like Prince Adam looking like He-Man, you'll get him! If you like Adam being different from He-Man, you'll get that version!

200X lives on in MOTUC!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 1, 2009 at 05:58pm.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Movie mayhem!
    *grabs umbrella in preparation for Tally's head exploding*

Rock on starsisters!

Really happy about Adam! As much as I like the old figure for Nostalgia reasons, I think the 200X look would just look better overall.

Lots of stuff to make me happy! Frosta is great. And Spikor! Spikor was one of my favorites as a kid and he seems to get very little love sometimes.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Looks like the squeaky wheels are getting a little grease. Nice to see!! I like this Buzz-Off business, give me hope that it's sooner than later!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's here!

4) Which MOTU/POP and DC Comics character, which has not yet appeared, is especially popular in your company? Whom would you like to see as a figure?

Buzz Off, Man-E-Face and Spikor are pretty popular around here. In the POP world, Frosta, Catra and the Star Sisters would be great. For DCU, Legion of Superheroes, WWII characters and Kamandi are personal favorites of Toy Guru!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

Rock on starsisters!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

It is funny that Mattel got a damaged box for Battlecat. Now they know what some of us collectors have had to go through with our figures for the past 12 months

The dual Adam thing is cool.
    Hoping the 200X Adam comes with the subscription and the Vintage styled Adam is a bonus figure.
    I know that doesn't necessarily go with the overall theme of this line, but you never know.
    If it does go the likely route of Vintage styled Adam being the sub and the 200X later being a bonus, I'll know I can sell the sub one and get the 200X with the extra $$.

Glad to see TG's wishlist, but like he said, them wishing for a figure vs. what the costs and what makes sense for the line are two very different things.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Alright! Good to know they are planning on both Adams. I didn't want to have one but not the other. I love the original 'cause he's hilarious and nostalgic, and I love the 200X version because he makes sense and was just all around awesome. I have a feeling we'll be waiting for the 200X version for a bit, but I don't care how long we wait so long as he is in the cards.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Who or what is/was clawdine? A big feline from what line?
    Pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor/Skeletor73 View Post
    Who or what is/was clawdine? A big feline from what line?
    Pop?
    From the POP line.

200X Randor!!! The second time he's been mentioned!

The Blonde Teela Thread

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Clawdeen was Catra's "steed." A pink lion, who although female, had a mane. She also did NOT use the same mold as Panthor and Battle Cat, but would look cool that way. The more feline steeds, the better.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

They are planning to do BOTH Adams! Just like they plan to do both Evil-Lyns! There have been plenty of debate as to which versions we are getting. Let the debating end as we are getting both versions! If you like Prince Adam looking like He-Man, you'll get him! If you like Adam being different from He-Man, you'll get that version!

200X lives on in MOTUC!
    This is EXTREMELY EXCITING to me as well, as "Young Prince Adam" is among my favorite character designs of the whole line! I don't care which ones comes first; I'm eager to get both, and I will be buying multiples of them!!!

Note to Toyguru & Mattel:

YOU WILL SELL OUT ON THOSE STAR SISTERS!!! WE PROMISE!!! JUST MAKE THEM, ALREADY!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

Rock on starsisters!
    I was there when his head exploded. It was messy

I'm liking the Man E Faces news the best, but hope they'll give some thought to the 3 3/4 scale figure suggestion. That would be a great way to get MOTU back to retail and a new generation of kids (Id really like to buy my youngest nephew some MOTU toys before hes 'too old' for them)
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

That's awesome news about Prince Adam. And it is good to see them mention Clawdeen...the more beasts the better & it will be really interesting to see how they tackle her design & colouring.

Tallstar, I'm also stoked to hear them mention the Star Sisters. Who the hell is the girl passing out you pictured above??

Amazing mention of Clawdeen too. Yay!

I also hope the 200x Adam comes first as that's the one I want. I just hope they don't make him too young/short as then Adora would tower over him.

Heroic Warrior
    "We need to wait to see how the bonus figures do before announcing any more 2010 figure"

I wish they would stop saying this. Hadn't they already said that Zodak sold well/quickly enough that they were pleased with how the bonus figures started? I mean, I know they need to roll out the GG and BA He-Man to get a bigger picture, but a sell out's a sell out regardless of how quickly it takes to do so.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I'm more than slightly surprised that KG's "Battle Lion" didn't get mentioned in reuses of the BC mould...

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I was there when his head exploded. It was messy
    I had to clean off my keyboard and monitor. That's when I went silent...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    Tallstar, I'm also stoked to hear them mention the Star Sisters. Who the hell is the girl passing out you pictured above??
    I'm really not sure. I couldn't find the one I was looking for, so another Christina fan passed that one along to me. They're such bad influences. It's not unusual to see pages of animated gifs like that when, say, Christina delays her album.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    "We need to wait to see how the bonus figures do before announcing any more 2010 figure"

I wish they would stop saying this. Hadn't they already said that Zodak sold well/quickly enough that they were pleased with how the bonus figures started? I mean, I know they need to roll out the GG and BA He-Man to get a bigger picture, but a sell out's a sell out regardless of how quickly it takes to do so.
    It's true to some extent.

I think Zodak's success paved the way for Evil-Lyn to be revealed. If Green Goddess sells out as well, we'll see another figure get revealed in January, before Adora goes on sale. Likewise when BA He-Man sells out, they'll reveal someone else before February. Keep in mind that this is a theory based on what happened with Zodak.

The Blonde Teela Thread