Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Green Goddess Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC Green Goddess Video Review by Pixel Dan

Sorry for the delay, guys! As promised, here is the video review of The Goddess!

Enjoy! As always, ask any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! I'm so excited to watch.

Edit: Now that I've watched it, GORGEOUS figure. I think the GREEN Goddess looks much better than THE Goddess. Might just be me though. Scary neck issue though. I sure hope that isn't the case with more figures.

One question: Is her plastic hard/rigid like Teela's or is it a bit softer?

Great review Pixel Dan!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 5, 2009 at 12:19am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Cool thx for the review. Just curious tho you seem a little disappointed, is this due to the bobblehead effect or does the figure seem not as impressive as you thought she would be?

Thanks for the review. I usually buy two figures, but even with the cool translucent skin, I'll probably only buy one.

I've got to be the first to ask....Did you peel off the sticker of "Real Name: Sharella" to see what was underneath?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Great review, though a pass for me. Just no attachment to this character, as she was not part of the 'toon or original line and was just briefly in one of the comics. I love how honest you are about the neck peg and don't try to sell a faulty figure, stating something like, "but it's easily forgivable because it's such a nice figure." Because, no, it's not forgivable.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Great review again Dan. I will be one of the many who will swap the staff with Teela

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great review, cool figure. Thanks again.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I just pulled back the Sharella sticker. It says "K'yrulla" underneath. Interesting...

The skirt is just as hard and rigid as Teela's, unfortunately.

The loose neck peg was a bit of a dissapointment for me. But again, I love the translucent plastic and overall look of the figure.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

K'yrulla will be Evil Lyns mother

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome review PD!! Dude can you take a pic of the Goddess next to ( classic hair head) Teela?
    I am dying to see them side by side.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Awesome review! Thanks for sharing this. I was refreshing the forum constantly just to see if the Goddess review would be posted. I can now finally sleep lol!

Seriously though she looks great and I will also be in the staff switching crowd. Thanks again for the great review!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

I so want her now. Then my Ancient Eternian Champions will be almost complete!

From King Grayskull, He-Ro, The Goddess - Teela, The Goddess - Sharella, Zodac and Zodak!

Just need Eldor!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Thanks Dan. She looks cool, I might buy her.

I hope ToyGuru sees this picture for sake of future male & female characters. Here's my Teela and first of all mine has a good hard plastic peg. No bobblehead feature included.

The Problem is the pegs lenght and head sculpt.

picture removed

Picture 1. Here you can see when the head is all down.. not so nice view.
    Picture 2. Same from beside.
    Picture 3. Her MAXIMUM angle to look up isn't really a angle.. she looks scarcely straight forward. I need to bend her knees if I want to pose her to look up. You can see her backhead touching already on her neck in this "angle".
    Picture 4. Well.. He-Man is the man.. he has a great angle and he can look easily up without moving his abjoint or knees.

I bet this same problem would be with Goddess also, I hope they can fix this problem for Evil-Lyn!
    Last edited by Tuukka; March 12, 2010 at 06:35pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Thanks for posting those pictures Tuuka. I completely forgot to bring this up! I was super disappointed with my Teela that, as you've clearly shown, she cannot look UP. He-Man can. The highest her head can move up is to look straight forward.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Nice Review, ten more days!

She looks great. Been waiting for this review!

Thanks again Dan.
    END OF LINE

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    "almost like" an early concept of what became The Sorceress? That's EXACTLY what she is. Goddess is to Sorceress what "Starkiller Hero" is to Luke Skywalker. But hey they made a Starkiller figure so what the heck.

"Fan Favorite character"? I think "Character with a substantial cult following" would be a more accurate description.

Okay seriously, my personal distaste for the character aside I will say it's a pretty nice looking figure and it's good she's out for those who want her. The staff/spear is a nice weapon but I agree she actually looks better with the snake staff. I also agree that the extra He-Man weapons are kinda pointless.

Really overall how they worked her in is not bad (though I still don't like the Sword of He angle- it's the Power Sword that's it) My only real problem (and it's a biggie) is that they made her Sharella.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I just pulled back the Sharella sticker. It says "K'yrulla" underneath. Interesting...
    WHAT?!? Oh now that just ticks me off even more! I was already angry that they threw away the potential new Sharella figure and gave the name to Goddess but now I find that wasn't the original idea?

When I asked why Sharella and Goddess were combined into one character in the WTFWTK I was told to wait till a Sharella figure was made to get her background info. Which is not what I asked, I wanted to know the behind the scenes/marketing reason. Now that I have proof Sharella was thrown away I really want an explanation! Toyguru are you there?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    K'yrulla will be Evil Lyns mother
    Do you have this on authority? Cause now I'm peeling off that sticker and calling her K'yrulla. Sharella is someone else entirely in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Great review, though a pass for me. Just no attachment to this character, as she was not part of the 'toon or original line and was just briefly in one of the comics.
    I'm torn. I feel the same way about the character plus with Christmas coming up I probably shouldn't be spending the money. But I just know if I pass now I'll regret not having a complete collection later. Better to pay the initial retail price then have to go hunting and pay more later.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Thanks Dan. She looks cool, I might buy her.

I bet this same problem would be with Goddess also?
    Wow, those pictures really help with explaining the problem.

I'm just really glad that Dan, you did mention you weren't pleased about the neck peg. I think its sad cus these figures are so good, but Mattel should listen and then actually do something about it.

I mean, the neck should be reduced in height and then slimmed down so she doesn't look horrible from the back and side.

I just know Evil-Lyn will have the same problem - even though its been mentioned so many times.

Also, any word of the softer plastic they were going to use??

Dan,
    Can you tell if the figure is clear plastic with green paint, or if it is truely cast in green plastic?

For example, the power sword that came with He-Ro was clear with blue paint. I'm just a little worried about the paint peeling off.

Am I really the only one not tripping over this figure?!
    She does nothing for me ... I will still be buying 2 of her,
    of course, being a completist and all, but to me she is the least
    cool figure thus far, even Zodac is cooler!

Great review, Dan, as usual.
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Great review. Goddess looks awesome and very appealing. What is that orchestral version of the He-Man theme you've used in the review? It sounds pretty cool and would be great if something like that could be used for a movie.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    "almost like" an early concept of what became The Sorceress? That's EXACTLY what she is. Goddess is to Sorceress what "Starkiller Hero" is to Luke Skywalker. But hey they made a Starkiller figure so what the heck.
    That would be a good comparison if the Pre-Filmation era wasn't superior to the Filmation era. It was all downhill once she started dressing in a chicken suit and laying eggs.

Thanks for the review Dan! Fair and honest as usual.
    (But can we drop the "Green" from her name now? It's just "The Goddess" )

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    How bizarre. K'yrulla was one of the trademarked names posted in another thread. I'm wondering if this is a mistake, what they were originally planning to call her or simply a case of Mattel wanting to surprise us with something unexpected?

Anyhow, the neck joint issue is a little disappointing. I'm having the opposite problem with the second head that came with Teela. It's waaaaay too tight and doesn't feel quite right once I finally get it on there.

Still love this figure though!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow! love that translucent plastic hope they have future motu figures made with translucent plastic.

awesome job pixel dan!

Heroic Warrior
    She looks fine, but I'm just not feeling this one, and whereas with Randor I wasn't all that interested in him either, but was won over by the video review and quality of the final figure, and am now greatly looking forward to picking him up, I'm still feeling a bit meh about the Goddess to be honest. I'll still be getting her, I don't dislike her, but I'm not particularly buzzed about getting her either.