Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icer Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Icer Discussion Thread

I know Icer is a Filmation original, and only appeared for one episode. However, I have always thought that his powers were interesting in the MotU universe and I think he'll make an interesting figure even without action features. I'm not asking that he be made ahead of more important characters, but I feel that he should be in the line somehow...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

If they can't make Shadow Weaver happen, there's no way Icer is a possibility.
    Sorry.

We could still have a petition right? That's what petitions are for...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If they can't make Shadow Weaver happen, there's no way Icer is a possibility.
    Sorry.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    If we're going to petition for a Filmation character we should ask for Weaver first.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

If we're going to petition for a Filmation character we should ask for Weaver first.
    I think you are right.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    A petition isn't going to do anything. In order to make such a figure, Mattel would have to work out some kind of deal with Entertainment Rights (the holders of the rights of the Filmation He-Man episodes), and this would likely cost Mattel a good chunk of cash to obtain such rights.... so much so that there would be almost no way for them to make back that money.

And even if there was some way that Mattel could affordably get the rights to some Filmation characters (which there isn't), they are going to probably go after more important and more high profile characters, like Shadow Weaver.

I have nothing against Icer, but he falls under the realm of the very obscure. The odds of him getting a figure are slim.

Besides, we have to keep things in perspective here. It's fun to dream and speculate on all of the possibilities of this line, but a lot of people are hoping for a lot of things (even within the realm of what Mattel does have the rights to) that are SO obscure that they aren't likely to happen any time soon, if at all.

We all (or at least the majority of us) want to see this line be successful and go for as long as it can. But a lot of people seem to be really, really giving their hopes up on a lot of things happening with this line that just aren't very likely.

Being that this line potentially combines MOTU, POP, and even NA, and given that we are limited to about 12 figures per year (give or take a couple depending on exclusives and/or possible production delays) I think that right now, the best we can realistically hope for are the most well-known, high profile characters from each of those lines being released (which actually kind of puts NA in a tough spot being that it's the most obscure overall incarnation of the property). But hoping for the most obscure, non-well-known characters, variants, etc. that you happen to like or identify with (to the extent that you are taking it beyond wishful thinking and are actually banking on these figures being released) but are not high profile or very popular in the overall MOTU community and fan-base just isn't very realistic.

Don't get me wrong, there are some obscure characters that I would LOVE to see made. And I would even buy an Icer figure if he were a possibility someway, somehow, but it's just not going to happen. You can petition all you want, but you won't get anywhere.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    What good will it do?
    There have been numerous talks about petitions on here, and it's always pointed out how petitions online do not work.
    A quick search and one can find some of those past threads.

The 200x "bring it back" petition saw 13,000 signatures.
    It did nothing.

Now with about 2000 to 3000 fans voting in main page polls,
    the best you could hpe for is upwards of 3000 signatures for a "bring back this character" petition.

Even if polls were helpful,
    3000 signatures may factor in on reasonable MOTUC input,
    but it isn't going to bring any of these Filmation characters to toy form unless they already existed under the conditions Mattel has already outlined in previous threads.

It's all going to come down to Mattel working out a deal with ER if they feel there is worthwhile profit to be made from these characters in the brand.
    I know boiling it down to money seems callous, but that's the reality.
    And one can't fault Mattel for that. They have to do what's financially feasible. Fan passion and finance don't often mix.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    What good will it do?
    There have been numerous talks about petitions on here, and it's always pointed out how petitions online do not work.
    A quick search and one can find some of those past threads.

The 200x "bring it back" petition saw 13,000 signatures.
    It did nothing.

Now with about 2000 to 3000 fans voting in main page polls,
    the best you could hpe for is upwards of 3000 signatures for a "bring back this character" petition.

Even if polls were helpful,
    3000 signatures may factor in on reasonable MOTUC input,
    but it isn't going to bring any of these Filmation characters to toy form unless they already existed under the conditions Mattel has already outlined in previous threads.

It's all going to come down to Mattel working out a deal with ER if they feel there is worthwhile profit to be made from these characters in the brand.
    I know boiling it down to money seems callous, but that's the reality.
    And one can't fault Mattel for that. They have to do what's financially feasible. Fan passion and finance don't often mix.
    I agree with Val. The only chance we have of getting Filmation characters, is if Mattel thinks there is enough money in dealing with Entertainment Rights. That can only happen if the "MotU: Classics" line sells, extremely well. So, I guess our best petition is buying multiples of every figure released in this line.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

Icer...off limits or no?

I really like this character and was wondering if anyone knows if this guy is available for MOTUC production, or is he Filmation only? Would be really cool (ha ha, get it) to see him in action figure form.

Photobucket

Sadly, he's Filmation only. I too would like an Icer!
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

He's off-limits... for now...
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Yea he's a FILMATION character......

I'd like to have one but as was said hes off limits right now.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

I want an Icer!!!

I just watched an episode of the original series that feature a character named Icer (well, mostly, as my copy of S2V1D2 is defective), and he is pretty bad ass. Why didn't he ever get a toy? Anyway, they need to do a Classics version of him!!! Hell, all they pretty much have to do is repaint Beast Man.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

With the constant sell-outs and fan support, I suspect even the obsecure characters gets to be made.
    Accept the unacceptable.

Icer is a fan favorite amoung the 'one hit wonder' characters.
    He'll get a figure eventually ... I guess!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    With the constant sell-outs and fan support, I suspect even the obsecure characters gets to be made.

Word! I can see that happen for all of us he-fans delight

I never really rated Icer as a character, although he's better than Strongarm, IMO.

If Mattel get the rights to Filmation characters, he's one that wouldn't need much re-tooling and no armour. So bring on Icer, I guess!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

We won't be getting an Icer figure. He's Filmation and not a Mattel character, so unless Mattel purchase the Filmation character rights, we won't ever see Icer. I do hope someone can prove me wrong though because I'd like an Icer especially if it looks like this:

Got Fur

Other Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    word.

word.

You are not alone. I want Icer terribly bad as well...but it'll never happen probably.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    You are not alone. I want Icer terribly bad as well...but it'll never happen probably.
    NO!! You've got to keep the faith alive!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I liked Icer. Though I prefer Strongarm in the looks department, there was just something about that episode, and Icer's personality and portrayal that was just chilling. It was so cool. I loved it. he was from the begining a classic.

Wanted: Icer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I just watched an episode of the original series that feature a character named Icer (well, mostly, as my copy of S2V1D2 is defective), and he is pretty bad ass. Why didn't he ever get a toy? Anyway, they need to do a Classics version of him!!! Hell, all they pretty much have to do is repaint Beast Man.
    Hey,me too! I was doing the same with my kids and I was thinking on a custom MOTUC Icer someone made a few weeks ago in the custom figure threads. Me wants an Icer!
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would love to get my hands on a MOTUC's Icer figure!! He is just one of the MANY great characters that deserve their likeness in plastic. I do agree that the Filmation rights must be relatively expensive for Mattel to have not picked them up already. With that being said, I'm confident that Mattel could make a killing on many of these awesome Filmation characters AND really make a ton of MOTU fans extremely happy. "If" Mattel had to tack on an additional $10-$20 per Filmation character to recoup some of the cost to acquire the rights, I would be more than happy to pay it! I'm sure I'm not alone on this. I do think that they would be able to turn a profit on these figures without a price hike, due to the TREMENDOUS sales they would generate. I'm hoping Mattel buys these rights within the year!!! It is fun to dream

Does anyone has a link to the custom ICER that was mentioned above? I would love to see it!