Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Icer Discussion Thread

Icer Discussion Thread

I know Icer is a Filmation original, and only appeared for one episode. However, I have always thought that his powers were interesting in the MotU universe and I think he'll make an interesting figure even without action features. I'm not asking that he be made ahead of more important characters, but I feel that he should be in the line somehow...
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

If they can't make Shadow Weaver happen, there's no way Icer is a possibility.
    Sorry.

We could still have a petition right? That's what petitions are for...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If they can't make Shadow Weaver happen, there's no way Icer is a possibility.
    Sorry.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    If we're going to petition for a Filmation character we should ask for Weaver first.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

If we're going to petition for a Filmation character we should ask for Weaver first.
    I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    What good will it do?
    There have been numerous talks about petitions on here, and it's always pointed out how petitions online do not work.
    A quick search and one can find some of those past threads.

The 200x "bring it back" petition saw 13,000 signatures.
    It did nothing.

Now with about 2000 to 3000 fans voting in main page polls,
    the best you could hpe for is upwards of 3000 signatures for a "bring back this character" petition.

Even if polls were helpful,
    3000 signatures may factor in on reasonable MOTUC input,
    but it isn't going to bring any of these Filmation characters to toy form unless they already existed under the conditions Mattel has already outlined in previous threads.

It's all going to come down to Mattel working out a deal with ER if they feel there is worthwhile profit to be made from these characters in the brand.
    I know boiling it down to money seems callous, but that's the reality.
    And one can't fault Mattel for that. They have to do what's financially feasible. Fan passion and finance don't often mix.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    A petition isn't going to do anything. In order to make such a figure, Mattel would have to work out some kind of deal with Entertainment Rights (the holders of the rights of the Filmation He-Man episodes), and this would likely cost Mattel a good chunk of cash to obtain such rights.... so much so that there would be almost no way for them to make back that money.

And even if there was some way that Mattel could affordably get the rights to some Filmation characters (which there isn't), they are going to probably go after more important and more high profile characters, like Shadow Weaver.

I have nothing against Icer, but he falls under the realm of the very obscure. The odds of him getting a figure are slim.

Besides, we have to keep things in perspective here. It's fun to dream and speculate on all of the possibilities of this line, but a lot of people are hoping for a lot of things (even within the realm of what Mattel does have the rights to) that are SO obscure that they aren't likely to happen any time soon, if at all.

We all (or at least the majority of us) want to see this line be successful and go for as long as it can. But a lot of people seem to be really, really giving their hopes up on a lot of things happening with this line that just aren't very likely.

Being that this line potentially combines MOTU, POP, and even NA, and given that we are limited to about 12 figures per year (give or take a couple depending on exclusives and/or possible production delays) I think that right now, the best we can realistically hope for are the most well-known, high profile characters from each of those lines being released (which actually kind of puts NA in a tough spot being that it's the most obscure overall incarnation of the property). But hoping for the most obscure, non-well-known characters, variants, etc. that you happen to like or identify with (to the extent that you are taking it beyond wishful thinking and are actually banking on these figures being released) but are not high profile or very popular in the overall MOTU community and fan-base just isn't very realistic.

Don't get me wrong, there are some obscure characters that I would LOVE to see made. And I would even buy an Icer figure if he were a possibility someway, somehow, but it's just not going to happen. You can petition all you want, but you won't get anywhere.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

As everyone else said. If we can't get Shadow Weaver then we won't get anyone else and will probably get Shadow Weaver first if Mattel is able to get a Filmation deal at some point.
    If they do though I would love to see Icer and well even more Plundor!

Petitions pretty much don't work. But I can't help but wonder if that 13,000 sig petition had at least some part in Mattel decideing to do the new Classics line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Petitions pretty much don't work. But I can't help but wonder if that 13,000 sig petition had at least some part in Mattel decideing to do the new Classics line.

Perhaps, but if it did have an impact with Mattel, then they should have acted on what the petition was actually for at that time. 13,000 Signatures for Modern 200X MOTU can not be reasonably expected to equal to 13,000 definite MOTUC Customers. While it may have indicated interest in MOTU in general then (was the petition in 2004/2005?), it can not necessarily be trusted to reflect MOTU interest now. It could be more now, could be less.

Part of me can't help but wonder how a continuation of Modern 200X MOTU might have fared under the current Mattel business model as a Monthly Online Matty Website Exclusive Product ala MOTUC. I suppose we'll never know.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    What good will it do?
    There have been numerous talks about petitions on here, and it's always pointed out how petitions online do not work.
    A quick search and one can find some of those past threads.

The 200x "bring it back" petition saw 13,000 signatures.
    It did nothing.

Now with about 2000 to 3000 fans voting in main page polls,
    the best you could hpe for is upwards of 3000 signatures for a "bring back this character" petition.

Even if polls were helpful,
    3000 signatures may factor in on reasonable MOTUC input,
    but it isn't going to bring any of these Filmation characters to toy form unless they already existed under the conditions Mattel has already outlined in previous threads.

It's all going to come down to Mattel working out a deal with ER if they feel there is worthwhile profit to be made from these characters in the brand.
    I know boiling it down to money seems callous, but that's the reality.
    And one can't fault Mattel for that. They have to do what's financially feasible. Fan passion and finance don't often mix.
    I agree with Val. The only chance we have of getting Filmation characters, is if Mattel thinks there is enough money in dealing with Entertainment Rights. That can only happen if the "MotU: Classics" line sells, extremely well. So, I guess our best petition is buying multiples of every figure released in this line.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    Perhaps, but if it did have an impact with Mattel, then they should have acted on what the petition was actually for at that time. 13,000 Signatures for Modern 200X MOTU can not be reasonably expected to equal to 13,000 definite MOTUC Customers. While it may have indicated interest in MOTU in general then (was the petition in 2004/2005?), it can not necessarily be trusted to reflect MOTU interest now. It could be more now, could be less.

Well, I don't think the Petition had a direct impact. However I think it may be possible that once Mattel ended the line they saw the fan outcry on the forums and also the petition and maybe saw that the brand could still be successful which is why they did She Ra and showed the Unproduced prototypes at SDCC to check interest. I think they had some survey at their booth that year too about MOTU after it was dead.

I just think at that point it was too late and they had already decided to cancel the line but still had plans to revive it in the future which is probably why they would not allow any type of articulation in the stactions.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    I have no doubt that the poll results and the sales of the DVD showed Mattel that us fans are still interested in the property. I agree with Novelty that a poll IS important to show Mattel our interest in FILMation characters. Sure the line has to prove that it has legs first...But when (fingers crossed) MOTU Classics does prove to make Mattel some coin, I think He-Man.Org needs to collectively show Mattel just how much we want Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Shokoti, Granamyr and the rest!
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

yeah Val is completely right theres no way no how!!!!!!!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

Icer...off limits or no?

I really like this character and was wondering if anyone knows if this guy is available for MOTUC production, or is he Filmation only? Would be really cool (ha ha, get it) to see him in action figure form.

Photobucket

Sadly, he's Filmation only. I too would like an Icer!
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

He's off-limits... for now...
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Yea he's a FILMATION character......

I'd like to have one but as was said hes off limits right now.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I really hope Mattel gets the rights for Filmation characters, cause Icer was one of my favorites! Really hope he gets made
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Icer is sexy,
    love his voice!

Meeeeow!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Thanks for the response people, now I know! Guess I will have to make my own...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Thanks for the response people, now I know! Guess I will have to make my own...
    I'm sure your's will be really awesome, though! Now I can't wait to see it!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

I want an Icer!!!

I just watched an episode of the original series that feature a character named Icer (well, mostly, as my copy of S2V1D2 is defective), and he is pretty bad ass. Why didn't he ever get a toy? Anyway, they need to do a Classics version of him!!! Hell, all they pretty much have to do is repaint Beast Man.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

With the constant sell-outs and fan support, I suspect even the obsecure characters gets to be made.
    Accept the unacceptable.

Icer is a fan favorite amoung the 'one hit wonder' characters.
    He'll get a figure eventually ... I guess!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.