Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Icer Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    He came out great! Really looking forward to the Filmation sub figures. I think I'm going to give Icer the blue He-Man axe from the first Weapons Pak as an additional weapon, and though the staff is meant for Stratos, I am probably going to pass it on to Shokoti instead.
    Good call on passing the staff on to Shashimi. I totally missed the skull on it before, and it perfectly fits her! Other than the skull, it's a dead ringer for the Staff of Avion, but oh well. Not like Stratos can hold it anyway. I'm over the top excited to be getting this Filmation sub along with Filmation artifacts and weapons. I really hope this is only the beginning.

What is this base for the staff of avion that some people keep mentioning, if its the one in the reveal photo is it just me or is that not clearly just a piece of plasticine or putty? Am I missing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    What is this base for the staff of avion that some people keep mentioning, if its the one in the reveal photo is it just me or is that not clearly just a piece of plasticine or putty? Am I missing something else?

Looked like it could have been a rock to me / everyone that's mentioned it....but whatever....if there's nothing for a stand then it will still go to Netossa.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It could well be a rock I could easily be wrong, I just automatically assumed it was plasticine when I first saw it. I was just checking there wasn't a base in the cartoon episode I might have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    It could well be a rock I could easily be wrong, I just automatically assumed it was plasticine when I first saw it. I was just checking there wasn't a base in the cartoon episode I might have missed.
    No, I don't believe there was a base in the episode....I guess we figured since the figure it was aimed at couldn't hold it....it was going to be for that reason....it may very well have been putty....since I just rechecked, and I don't see it in any of the NYTF pics....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Looks Great July is going to be a good month for figures

I believe that was just putty for display purposes and wasn't meant to be a base.

Well I just watched the episode with Icer on netflix. I can see now why people end up loving these one-off characters so much: They DO things! It's a wonder anyone ever became fans of the regular villains considering how much they screw up. Trap-Jaw was one of my favorite toys and he's one of the best MotUC figures, but he's completely useless in all the episodes I watched (decided to catch all the ones coming out in the sub soon - Shokoti and Batros' episodes as well).

Anyway, when they bring in a new villain they always get to actually be dangerous. Icer himself spent a good chunk of the episode sneaking around and freezing the heros when they weren't looking. Heck, I'm not sure how they would have beaten him without the heat taking him out (well that's a lie, I know how they would have beaten him: He-Man woulda thrown a rock at him along with a terrible quip like "You must be ice water 'cause you're ON THE ROCKS *HUUWAAHH*"). So yeah, Icer was pretty boss. Loved the voice too! Out of all the wacky junk I've seen recently in the original series I think Icer is one of the top guys that should have had a toy. What was with that? It's crazy how they made that show to sell toys, but then they either don't make them or the designs don't even match the toy at all (like the Attack Track - what was up with that thing?)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's a shame Icer didn't make a return appearance; he was a good villain. And I am surprised he never made it to figure form, for, as his MOTUC figure shows, he didn't need much in the line of new parts. A translucent ice guy surely would have appealed to kids.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's a shame Icer didn't make a return appearance; he was a good villain. And I am surprised he never made it to figure form, for, as his MOTUC figure shows, he didn't need much in the line of new parts. A translucent ice guy surely would have appealed to kids.
    Oh yeah, he would have certainly been a favorite back when I was a kid! Not sure what his action feature would have been...maybe another water-squirter?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Oh yeah, he would have certainly been a favorite back when I was a kid! Not sure what his action feature would have been...maybe another water-squirter?
    Full of liquid that froze for boo boos.....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Icer looks great....so happy the Filmation sub is finally about to start kicking in!

he's perfect.

He is looking pretty sweet. I can't wait to get him.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think it would have been awesome if he changed his color from white-translucent to blue-translucent, if he was put in cold water. Was that possible at that time?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I think it would have been awesome if he changed his color from white-translucent to blue-translucent, if he was put in cold water. Was that possible at that time?
    You'd think so! I can't vouch for what toy technology they had at the time, but I thought color changing stuff was as old as most of us here, at least. That makes sense, actually! They could have passed it off as sort-of changing from ice to water, in a way.

Wow, Icer looks....cool.

This guy looks amazing. I am so glad I purchased this Filmation Sub.

I usually don't pick on the bios, but why do that have to make every character so overpowered? Control weather, time travel, destroying Whiplash with a camera head...sigh.

To me he is just a bada$$ dude who lives way up north in some ice cave.

And he's awesome!

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Cannot wait till icer arrives!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Icer's timing in terms of when he'll arrive here (where I am) couldn't be any better ~ it's so cold! Great looking figure for sure!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Ha! Enjoy Winter Down Under
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    This guy looks amazing. I am so glad I purchased this Filmation Sub.

I usually don't pick on the bios, but why do that have to make every character so overpowered? Control weather, time travel, destroying Whiplash with a camera head...sigh.

To me he is just a bada$$ dude who lives way up north in some ice cave.

And he's awesome!
    Well I can't vouch for all of them, but the bios didn't make Icer powerful! If you watch the episode with him in it, nobody could touch him until He-Man smacked some heat thingy and made Icer run off 'cause of the increased temp. Technically they never really beat him, even though the guy never comes back.

I just watched the Icer episode over the weekend. Icer is really a sweet character. This figure looks great. And the icicle weapon is great for anyone you want to have fighting him, since that's all they could use.
    I'm pretty sure that they had color changing plastics back then, even if they didn't they could have filled him with jell that could have frozen when he was put in the freezer, which would have changed his look and been a unique feature for MOTU.
    Anyway, super excited for this figure now! Such a great month for MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    That's kind of a holdover from 2002. The one thing that got old very fast was that every previous era foe the Masters faced in the series was automatically made way more physically/magically powerful. The amping up actually made many of them far more generic, especially in the cases of Marzo and Evilseed, who were far less physical foes in the old series, and actually more interesting because of that. It overemphasizes the physical powers and somewhat ignores the danger of a foe who's most formidable weapon is his/her brain (think Batros).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I preferred the less saturated look of the leaked prototype shots. He seems a bit opaque now.

Still a very cool figure nonetheless.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader