Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Icer Discussion Thread

I'd behappy to pay a bit extra to get my hands on a 4H Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Imp, Fang Man, Shokoti etc

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It would actually make sense for Mattel to flat out buy back the rights so they would once again be the sole owner of all things MOTU. Having the rights split and floating around as they are isn't going to help get a movie made (especially after the big problem with Watchmen, Warners and Fox). Mattel needs to have full rights for everything MOTU for the best chance of making the property more than just a toy line again. Having someone else with a major part of the mythos in their posession is going to mean walking on egg shells with development of any project beyond MOTUC, something a lot of movie studios and others who might be interested in the property are going to see as a big drawback (lawyers worry; it's their job).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

So...kill all the lawyers!

Seriously, though, you are right Old Dragon. Mattel shoudl have full control ovr all things MOTU.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I know I'm not doing anybody any good but I've got an Icer from the MOTUC line ::starts to laugh manically and runs away.::

Bought him from MasterEnglish. He's a good looking figure.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    So...kill all the lawyers!

Seriously, though, you are right Old Dragon. Mattel shoudl have full control ovr all things MOTU.
    All thats required is for Mattel to just stop being so freakin cheap and come
    out of pocket and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    All thats required is for Mattel to just stop being so freakin cheap and come out of pocket and be done with it.
    With Mattel haemorraging money, I'm not sure that they could afford to throw money away that way and surivive as a company. Well, maybe they could, but the shareholders probably won't be too happy about it.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    With Mattel haemorraging money, I'm not sure that they could afford to throw money away that way and surivive as a company. Well, maybe they could, but the shareholders probably won't be too happy about it.
    Acquiring it must costs a pretty penny.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    And that's the whole problem. THe decision to sell the rights to begin with was the same kind of short sighted, get money quick without thought of the consequences move that tends to please stockholders but actually hurts the company in the long run. It's those kind of decisions that cause a company problems.

Mattel has this mindset; from what I've seen of late, they would allow a line to die off rather than take a small dip in profits on, say, one wave, with the promise of larger profits later as the line grows. The former is how Mattel seemingly does things today; the latter is called good business sense.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Aww Mattel should have acquired the licenses for all filmation characters back in the day. .
    If not else, then at least before the release of the Classics.
    The rights to the Filmation characters aren't getting cheaper
    by the succes of this new line!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I don't know why people are avoiding this OBVIOUS fact:

Hasbro Vs. Mattel

Hasbro bought back ALL of their properties etc. and didn't SIT on them they are actually making money with them! (G.I. Joe/Transformers etc.)

ANd this is BS about it being "Too Much Money" BS it's too much money for the regular Joe Blow but with Mattel it's not that bad...

Isn't that saying true...You have to spend money to make money!

This might cost Mattel at first but judging by the success of the line it will MORE than make up for it down the road...Win Win situation..Mattel get's back their rights to THEIR property (WIN) they can makes toys etc. out of these characters (WIN) and they can turn a profit for themselves in the process (BIG WIN)

So what's the problem?? Too much bureaucratic red tape & nonsense???

Elder Councilman

Ok...I want Icer

I just saw the lone episode he was in; I didn't know he was one of Skeletor's cronies; and he's pretty damn cool( no pun intended)!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I just saw the lone episode he was in; I didn't know he was one of Skeletor's cronies; and he's pretty damn cool( no pun intended)!
    Somebody already made him

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/...2384a19b_o.jpg
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    yeah, but it wasn't Mattel that did.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    yeah, but it wasn't Mattel that did.
    Yeah I know, just trying to get you stoked on the customization possibility

IF Mattel gets the Filmation rights and make Icer; I hope he's not transluscent.
    With all the broken Sharella stories floating around it would be very bad for Icer.Yes a transluscent toy would look awesome but awesome looking vs easily broken if looked at wrong, then I'd settle for less awesome. Maybe some sort of glossy frosty finish on him so he looks icy?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    IF Mattel gets the Filmation rights and make Icer; I hope he's not transluscent.
    With all the broken Sharella stories floating around it would be very bad for Icer.Yes a transluscent toy would look awesome but awesome looking vs easily broken if looked at wrong, then I'd settle for less awesome. Maybe some sort of glossy frosty finish on him so he looks icy?
    Hmmmm maybe get the same treatment as He-Ro's sword? Sparkles representing ice/snow that glissens perhaps.

Hmmm What about the spirit of Greyskull, has there been many broken by just looking at it - if not, then its possible to make a sturdy translucent figure.

Icer and Batros are my must make if they get the rights to Flimation.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have always wanted a Batros, he is my number one want from the filmation bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    You are probably the only orger who does not want him to have translucent parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You are probably the only orger who does not want him to have translucent parts.
    IF he won't break easily in translucent then I won't mind. If he's as breakable as the Goddess then I'd rather not have him.

You're right though. I'm probably alone in this and I don't mind.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Been wanting a Icer figure for over 20 years but it will never happen.

I always liked him, bad ass villain

gotta love his smile before melting under the door!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    So far, Icer is off-limits, since he's a Filmation character, and since Mattel didn't buy the Filmation rights.

So there's no way you're going to get him, except if Mattel finally decides to buy the Filmation rights. And from the last statements about this issue, it seems it won't be any time soon that we'll see Mattel get the Filmation rights... if ever.

The only way to get an Icer right now is to order one to a good custom artist.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Way to be a downer! ^ I think that before this line ends in 2016, Mattel will have some control over the Filmation characters.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.