Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.28!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.28!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 28 questions!

This round of questions were selected by The.Idea.of.Evil,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. The.Idea.of.Evil: You have told us that all females will share similar body parts. So, does this apply to female figure height as well? Many fans are concerned about Teela's height, as she appears to be the same height of (maybe even taller than) the male figures.

Some female figures may change in height with larger or smaller boots (like how King Grayskull is slightly taller to He-Man) but for the most part, all the females will share the same body.

2. nato: At SDCC, it was mentioned that Mattel is looking into making large-scale figures. Since the MOTUC figures are sharing sculpts and probably won't vary in scale, were you instead talking about a large-scale MOTUC line similar to the large-scale Ghostbusters figures?

If we did larger MOTU figures they would not use the Movie Master 12” body. It is way too skinny for a MOTU figure!

3. RocketPunch: Since it's supposed to be cloned from the Power Sword in the MOTUC canon, would it be possible for Adora's Sword of Protection to be painted 2-tones of silver in order to match He-Man's (with the gray hilt and metallic blade)?

Based on this comment I went right to design to see if we can implement this. Unfortunately, Adora is too far along to change the sword deco now, but we’ll look into adding this deco for She-Ra. Great suggestion!

4. Patreek: Fans are concerned about the availability of Ninjor's trademark/name. Has it been secured so we will get Ninjor, or will we have to settle for a new name?

If Ninjor is not available when it comes time to doing his figure, we will do something similar to how Rattlor and Fisto were given “generic” names in the 2002 line. He’ll still be Ninjor, but the name on package might need to change to “Ninja Warrior” or something similar. We won’t rename the character.

5. Darkspecter: We have been told that female figures will use the one-piece outfit. Would Mattel consider making it a two-piece outfit instead so they can use the waist-twist feature, especially for female figures that have distinct waists, skirts, pants, etc?

We went right to the Four Horsemen for this one:

“This is something that we will look into the next time we get to a figure that has an applicable design. We also want to see how the softer material works out on the Adora figure before we make any big decisions. The biggest issue that we have is that the body design was built for a one piece outfit. We are not 100% sure that we can make it work without a complete tooling overhaul. We will keep you posted as we move forward. Just keep in mind that since we work so far ahead that you may not see the results for a while!”

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 30!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 28 questions!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Great Q&A's. So we'll get a better sword with She-ra, brilliant!

I'm not too thrilled about the answer reg. the female one piece costume / skirt. Sounds like it's NEVER going to change and for a supposedly superarticulated toyline, I'm not too happy about the girls being LESS articulated than the guys or even their 1980's counterparts!

The only positive thing is that on She-ra, the Sorceress and 200X Evil Lyn, it's not so much of a problem as the three of them are supposed to be wearing skirts. Even the filmation Catra wears a red skirt.

When they get to Glimmer and characters with tight pants, I really hope the 4 horsemen will come up with a different female buck... And maybe an Adora update / fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Here's hoping for a Type 2 female body.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Toyguru 2. nato: At SDCC, it was mentioned that Mattel is looking into making large-scale figures. Since the MOTUC figures are sharing sculpts and probably won't vary in scale, were you instead talking about a large-scale MOTUC line similar to the large-scale Ghostbusters figures?

If we did larger MOTU figures they would not use the Movie Master 12” body. It is way too skinny for a MOTU figure!
    Huh? I don't think that's what was being asked. The question says SIMILAR to the large-scale Ghostbusters figures or am I missing something. I don't think the question was asking if the Movie Master body could be used for 12 inch MotU Classics figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4H View Post
    The biggest issue that we have is that the body design was built for a one piece outfit. We are not 100% sure that we can make it work without a complete tooling overhaul.[/B]
    This seems like a really weird initial decision, given the characters - Veena, of course which they've already said they plan to do eventually, but also 200x Teela'Na, versions of Teela, etc - who have a bare midriff.

A bare midriff can easily be sculpted onto the "dress."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I guess that's good news about She-Ra's sword, although I don't understand why Adora's sword wasn't originally designed/conceived as being two-toned in the first place given that the two-tone paint application worked great on He-Man's sword.

Not so good news about the 4H sticking with the "one piece" design for the armour/costumes of female figures. Definitely not happy that the female figures have less articulation than their male counterparts, but the "buck" body is what it is, so there's not a lot of hope that it will change in the future.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Huh? I don't think that's what was being asked. The question says SIMILAR to the large-scale Ghostbusters figures or am I missing something. I don't think the question was asking if the Movie Master body could be used for 12 inch MotU Classics figures.

It's kind of along the lines of what I was asking, but I still didn't get an answer.

During ComicCon, I believe in the video, Toyguru stated that they were looking into larger figures. And that is all that I heard. I thought that statement meant that they decided to make characters like Clawful and Tung Lashor a bit bigger than the rest of the MOTUC figures, but another Q&A confirmed that wouldn't happen.

So, I thought maybe they were going to release a line in scale with the large Ghostbusters figures. No, I wasn't asking if they were going to use those molds, just if they wanted to make bigger MOTU figures.

I'm just going to conclude from this answer that the "We're looking to make larger figures" comment means that they are working on Tytus and Megator.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I miss the days when they would answer more questions

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I'm just going to conclude from this answer that the "We're looking to make larger figures" comment means that they are working on Tytus and Megator.
    Yeah, that's what I'd go with too.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I love that Mattel will not rename characters. One of the things I hate most about Hasbro's way of dealing with that problem is either renaming a character or taking a similar character(ie, they are both black skinned) and transplant the unusable character's personality onto the other one. Reason #1975 on why I love Mattel so much more than Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I guess that's good news about She-Ra's sword, although I don't understand why Adora's sword wasn't originally designed/conceived as being two-toned in the first place given that the two-tone paint application worked great on He-Man's sword.
    While that's a good question, I'd be surprised if there are a large number of people who are going to get Adora and not She-Ra. Now, thanks in part to RocketPunch, we'll have a variant to Adora/She-Ra's sword and not just another copy of a weapon we already have.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    While I'm very bummed about the one piece outfits, I'm VERY excited at the possibility of a type 2 body, as Tallstar put it. We SO need a type 2 body!

If they do make a type 2 body, they can cut Adora's outfit in two and put it on the new body as a re-release.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Good news about the sword!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Not too much this round except for the She-Ra sword.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Well, it seems to me that the amount of questions asked by he-man.org to Mattel has diminished a lot !

And there are less and less interesting answers too !

Only the 4 Horsemen's answer is valid this time, in my opinion.

And we learn that they are working "far ahead" ! This means there are many characters already sculpted ! So how many characters are ready by now ? This of course will remain a mystery (top secret Mattel policy BS)...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Well, it seems to me that the amount of questions asked by he-man.org to Mattel has diminished a lot !
    All sites have been reduced to 5 questions,
    it's states this in the thread where you ask questions.

And there are less and less interesting answers too !
    I disagree 100%.
    I feel the answers have gotten better these past few Q&As.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    All sites have been reduced to 5 questions,
    it's states this in the thread where you ask questions.
    I wonder why? Is it due to less time or quality of questions.

I disagree 100%.
    I feel the answers have gotten better these past few Q&As.
    I'd agree too. There seems to be less questions but the questions tend to be of interest, for me at least. I know I don't speak for everyone. Who decides who gets to choose the questions though?

BTW Val, the ferret with the hammer terrifies me.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

A big fan of Slush Head
    Great answers. Specially the one about She-Ra's sword.
    I am alittle worried about Ninjor though. I don't want to see those generic names again on the cards.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Great answers. Specially the one about She-Ra's sword.
    I am alittle worried about Ninjor though. I don't want to see those generic names again on the cards.

Could be worse though. Even if his name isn't listed on the card, he'll still be Ninjor. They could have decided to re-name him Black Dragon or some other undesirable moniker.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I wonder why? Is it due to less time or quality of questions.
    This quote is from Pixel Dan's site "That New Toy Smell" (I bolded the main part of the quote):

Going forward, Mattel will only be accepting 5 questions at a time instead of the usual 10. I got this notice yesterday. They have so many sites participating now that it was getting to be too much for them.
    http://vglosers.conforums.com/index....num=1254491382

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    "Going forward, Mattel will only be accepting 5 questions at a time instead of the usual 10. I got this notice yesterday. They have so many sites participating now that it was getting to be too much for them."

I could make a comment about how long it takes to give the canned "we'll consider it in the future," "we can't reveal that information," and "tell your retailer to carry our products," but that would be...grumpy.

Seriously, though, they are answering from quite a few sites, and I can see why they'd be limiting things. I still maintain, though, that the quality of the answers and many of the contradictions we've run into is a direct result of having the papier mache head answering rather than one person, like TG. We tend to get specific attention from the Guru, but that doesn't translate across the board.

Maybe it's just me, but I do have a problem carrying on a conversation with a fictional character...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Isn't NINJOR just a nick name?

Since they are giving all the warriors "real names" (ie: Squidish Rex, Sharella, Karak Nul, Kar-tor) why not use the real name on the front of the package? They could use his real name, and then put "Ninja Warrior" underneath it as the character description. I would prefer that over having NINJA WARRIOR be the main title, since that is more of a descriptive title (ie: Cosmic Enforcer, Mystic Enforcer, Warrior Goddess.)
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Isn't NINJOR just a nick name?

Since they are giving all the warriors "real names" (ie: Squidish Rex, Sharella, Karak Nul, Kar-tor) why not use the real name on the front of the package? They could use his real name, and then put "Ninja Warrior" underneath it as the character description. I would prefer that over having NINJA WARRIOR be the main title, since that is more of a descriptive title (ie: Cosmic Enforcer, Mystic Enforcer, Warrior Goddess.)
    Watch them just call him Ninja Warrior but when they print it on the package it will be written as

NINJa warriOR

No copyright issues there hehe
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Watch them just call him Ninja Warrior but when they print it on the package it will be written as

NINJa warriOR

No copyright issues there hehe
    Change the name to Nin Jor and that fixes everything

I remember when there was so many more replies in these threads. Most of the discussion seems to be in the Q&A threads now