Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
In order to arrive at a meaningful conclusion, the terms need to be more precise.
What terms? I offered up various conflicting theories that I have heard multiple times as a catalyst for conversation.

What is the determination of failure or success? If there is a disparity between the performance of the action figures and the animated series, is this regarded as a failure or a success for the franchise?
Considering the franchises were based on toylines and neither NA or 2002's cartoons lasted longer than their toys, I'd say this is a moot point.

Is success limited to performance in the United States? Both the New Adventures of He-Man and the Mike Young Productions Masters of the Universe were a moderate success in the United States, but were notably more successful in the United Kingdom and Germany.
While people from other countries may have liked them, they were originally made for an American audience and neither continued in other countries after they ended their runs in the US.

Moreover, is the presumption that Masters of the Universe Classics is beneficial to the franchise sound? It could be argued that the dilution of the titular character, and the aggravation many have experienced with MattyCollector is hurtful to the franchise.
This isn't about MOTUC, this is about NA and 2002. It's too early to say if MOTUC is a success or a failure. It continues to sell out, but that could all end in a few months. It could also continue the sell outs into 2013. It's only been a year(unless you consider the preview toy that was King Grayskull).