Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think Buzz Saw Hordak will be done ?

How do you think Buzz Saw Hordak will be done ?

I know a lot of people love or hate this variant so put me in the former category. I think the 4H will do a great job with him and this is how I think they will do it. I think his buzzsaw action will be done by making his chest compartment open like Rio Blast and they will include a translucent blast effect (like came with UNO and Thunder Punch He-Man) and you will stick the saw blade in one end and stick this into his chest compartment to give the effect that it is firing out of his chest.I also think (hope) they make him more mechanical/machine looking with his body ala Intergalatic Skeletor. That's my idea of how they will do him,what's yours?

Great question! I think that for these variants, Mattel should make exact replicas of the vintage heads. Im sure the 4H will add some snazzy new details to these guys to jazz em up though!

How do I think he will be done?

Boringly.

I hate to be negative, because I always try to look on the bright side, but unless they stack some other stuff with this figure I just cannot see him being exciting whatsoever. An additional accessory for another figure might help though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    with Filmation head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Boringly.
    Sadly my opinion as well.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Hopefully he'll come with Filmation Head and Spell of Separation Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    I know a lot of people love or hate this variant so put me in the former category. I think the 4H will do a great job with him and this is how I think they will do it. I think his buzzsaw action will be done by making his chest compartment open like Rio Blast and they will include a translucent blast effect (like came with UNO and Thunder Punch He-Man) and you will stick the saw blade in one end and stick this into his chest compartment to give the effect that it is firing out of his chest.I also think (hope) they make him more mechanical/machine looking with his body ala Intergalatic Skeletor. That's my idea of how they will do him,what's yours?
    I'm expecting a cheaply done boring variant. It would be nice to be surprised. This will be Hordak #5 for MOTUC. It would be nice to be surprised.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Well, if they're smart about it, they'll do something other than just releasing him like his original figure. Now I know they've done some confusing things in the past, but I have to believe that they understand how most folks don't want another Hordak, but with saws.

That said: I have no idea how they'll do it. It would have been a good chance to make it a mix of Filmation and Buzz-Saw, but we've past that mark already. The only other existing differences for him are 200X designs, and I don't know if they're gona pony up that kinda detail. Here's hoping! Otherwise, I'm pretty much in the dark. I'm just hoping for something interesting and original, if they don't go with a 200X look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I expect the original Hordak with Rio armor and a buzzsaw, new belt if we are lucky. Keeping my hopes grounded because this is the perfect figure to help pay for the tooling on others. I do love the blast effect idea and didn't even consider it.

To play along though I'd make the buzsaw in the armor like Rio, but I'd include a top almost identical to the neon green Firefly GI Joe. That is a simple action feature with a ripcord and wouldn't require a new buck because it would be a 3 piece accessory. No law he can't use a standard circle buzzsaw and a spinning razor blade top.

Poorly.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

This character is going to subsidize the costs of a more tooled character. I have extremely low expectations and really wish they would pass on this one.

I really hope they kind find a way to make the least exciting vintage figure left...exciting!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    With Mantisaur. Or with an alternate Filmation head, collar and armour.

Or maybe as a cheap travelling convention exclusive with a slightly shorter cape and saw accessories?

I hope after the disappointing FAILmation Hordak they come up with something cooler. He could come with Mantisaur. I`ll buy him anyway, but I think he may turn out better than people think.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Unless they shock us he will not come with a filmation head as TG has already stated he won't.

Personally I don't want him as I am in the camp that thinks he is a wasted spot as he will be a version one Hordak with a buzz saw accessory. I don't even think they will bother with his chest opening or give him the rio-blast armor I think he will simply come with an accessory that should just be an extra packed with another figure! Once he's revealed and people see this lazy figure the non-completists that are looking forward to him expecting greatness will see how stupid he is. I hope I am wrong, but doubt I am.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Quote Originally Posted by Oo-Larr View Post
    I hope after the disappointing FAILmation Hordak they come up with something cooler. He could come with Mantisaur. I`ll buy him anyway, but I think he may turn out better than people think.
    Unless they do something drastic like including a steed, I really don't see the point of this release. The last two Hordak variants were cheap repaints. They could have put some effort into Failmation Hordak and made him double for BS Hordak.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Unless they do something drastic like including a steed, I really don't see the point of this release. The last two Hordak variants were cheap repaints. They could have put some effort into Failmation Hordak and made him double for BS Hordak.
    Yeah, that's what I always expected would happen: I figured we'd get an awesome Filmation Hordak with a saw-blade that could be used as an accessory for the previous Hordak figure. I never really considered that we'd get an actual Buzz Saw Hordak in this line at all.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Minor View Post
    This character is going to subsidize the costs of a more tooled character. I have extremely low expectations and really wish they would pass on this one.

Lord Masque would have as little new tooling as Hurricane Hordak...

They ought to just pack his BuzzSaw armor in with Mantisaur. Boom.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Something else they could do to jazz him up is include accessories for other Horde members; for instance, perhaps a couple of crossbows for ones that didn't come with one (Mosquitor).
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i am not looking forward to this guy at all.

but if he comes with normal abs underneath a new full torso armor that covers standard abs cast in gray (like most other recent figures) than i will buy multiples to replace all those old smooth ab hordaks that i hate so much.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

With mantisaur as holiday item

I'm in the minority here, but Buzzsaw Hordak was one of my favorites as a kid because of his action feature. I have a feeling I'm going to love him based on my nostalgia alone.

I think Mattel will give him a 200x look. New head, etc. As I recall, Toyguru said they are planning to make him look special, and that Mattel anticipated fans wouldn't want him to look exactly like the original Classics Hordak figure.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 28, 2014 at 11:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    It seems like I heard TG say on a podcast, (I'm guessing RGD, but I'm not sure) that they told the 4H well before hand to do something special with Buzz Saw.
    After Cherry Hordak and Filmation Hordak, I doubt they would have planned yet another repaint the following year ( Not that there was time to course correct, I just can't believe they'd
    do it in the first place.)

But then again, I couldn't believe Filmation Hordak turned out the way he did...

I guess a positive way to look at is maybe they cheaped on of FH because they were going all out on Buzz Saw, like they did on the new King Hiss and Na Skeletor...