Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Narrative-Based on the Bios

Hi Uki,

Noticed in the first and second paragraphs there is the repeated line ' heros techno virus spread across eternia, marking it as a planet of magic and technology'. Think it belongs in the second paragraph, looks out of place in the first. Also ive noticed you have mentioned the griffens arrival in the 1st paragraph. Isnt it too soon?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I figured I'd place the griffins' arrival back in Preternia when Anwat Gar boasted a spaceport. As for the repeated sentence, I'll need to fix that-chalk it up to lots of copying and pasting.

UPDATE!

I've updated the Narrative with all SDCC Bio reveals. This thing keeps getting better!

At some point, I may try to take it all and actually write it into a better story form, rather than the Cut&Paste Monster that it's become. I guess when I first started this labor of love, I didn;t think it would become such an unwieldy beast. Still, I think that at its core, the Bio-Canon is actually a great take on the MOTU lore. It's certianly my favorite canonical take on the property.

If you haven't Subbed Up yet for 2013, do so please! I simply have to know how all this turns out, and the promise of the Dare, Son of He-Man era being introduced with King He-Man has my apetite whetted that much more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I'm with Uki - by far of all the canons, MOTUC canon is my favorite. The story is is enjoyable and the efforts to tie together the characters from all the other canons and introduce new ones has made for one very wild, fun ride! So glad you continue to update the narrative, can't wait for the next update!

Any chance this gets an update soon? My sons love hearing MOTU stories from this cannon.

I'm hoping to do so very soon! Sorry guys!

It's been a crazy year and we've been doing lots of projects around the house, but the good news is this: my "To Do List" consists of 1) Opening Jitsu and Ram Man, 2) Finish oganixing my Toy Room, and 3) Update the Narrative!!!

(Of course, many of you know how it is as husbands and fathers: our lists are often added to and we know who takes priority!)

Edit: UPDATED! All Bios have been added!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Thanks Uki. Interesting wee bit at the start that I have only just noticed. " the un-named one breeds the snake men for revenge". Given the position of the statement, it now looks like the un-named One must be a Trollan, as there is little other characters at this point and plus this looks like the way the DC comics is going.

What do you think?

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    love love love love love love - just saying! Thanks for the update!

You're welcome, Patrick!

Vid, I never thought of that, but heck, I think it'd be pretty dang cool if The Unnamed One did in fact turn out to be a Trollan. Or the Son of Skeletor...

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    You're welcome, Patrick!

Vid, I never thought of that, but heck, I think it'd be pretty dang cool if The Unnamed One did in fact turn out to be a Trollan. Or the Son of Skeletor...
    Haha I never thought of that.....maybe a Trollan gone bad like in Green Lantern when the little red dude Krona went yellow......maybe?

That'd be nifty, and we know Scooter is a big fan of GL...

Heroic Warrior
    Epic thread!

Thanks, IrrepressibleDH! I really love this canon; it's shaping up to have it all!

I can't wait for so many details to be revealed: who was Sharella before becoming the Goddess? What's up with the Great Black Wizard? What's the Unnamed One's big beef? Does Orko have a big, shining moment and reveal his true nature? What happened to Oo-Lar? Was the Teela we saw in those early "Oo-Lar" minis actually Teela-Na in this continuity? Who goes to space alongside He-Man and She-Ra? What was Eternia's connection to Earth? So much still to come...

Heroic Warrior
    This is very cool can't wait till we get more of the story

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Thanks, IrrepressibleDH! I really love this canon; it's shaping up to have it all!

I can't wait for so many details to be revealed: who was Sharella before becoming the Goddess? What's up with the Great Black Wizard? What's the Unnamed One's big beef? Does Orko have a big, shining moment and reveal his true nature? What happened to Oo-Lar? Was the Teela we saw in those early "Oo-Lar" minis actually Teela-Na in this continuity? Who goes to space alongside He-Man and She-Ra? What was Eternia's connection to Earth? So much still to come...
    I was just going to ask several of these questions! I guess the answers haven't been revealed yet...

Heroic Warrior
    hey Uki, when you plan on updating the narrative bio? I look forward to these...

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    hey Uki, when you plan on updating the narrative bio? I look forward to these...
    I second that, i havent criticed your narrative building and spelling mistakes in months lol

I hope to do an update soon, but with work, school, baby, and wife, things get pushed aside. And Vid-you've got me-I just retread this page and there are some egregious mistakes!

(Of course, a few of them were in your last post...)

Great job Uki!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I enjoyed myself reading this!!

Fasinating it all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    I second that, i havent criticed your narrative building and spelling mistakes in months lol
    Thats karma for you lol

I love this thread, keep up the great work Uki!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Okay, an update is officially on my To Do List. Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend, especially with an extra day off. I'll just juggle my Art, Texas Government, Math, and English classes a bit... And my daughter Hermione might be helping edit. (She's 17 months old.)

Court Magician
    Sweet. I've just come across your thread an I thank you for putting it all together. After seeing it all, I feel that the nameless one from the nameless dimension is going to be skeletor...hope not, I hoping for a new character to be the evil one for Dare to battle.

Anyway, thanks for the narrative...

Up until now, I've paid no attention to this thread. Probably better that I waited until now when a large number of bios were able to flesh out the story. I have to say, with it all put together like this, the story is pretty darn good in my opinion. I know that the bios have been heavily panned by threads, but perhaps that's due to us only getting a snippet a month. It took me three nights to read through all of it. Thanks to Uki for putting this all together!

I just saved the Bio-Narrative onto our better, faster, more user-friendly computer. God-willing (and with cooperation from school, work, and family) I'll get an update to this thing done soon-possibly before the weekend!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Up until now, I've paid no attention to this thread. Probably better that I waited until now when a large number of bios were able to flesh out the story. I have to say, with it all put together like this, the story is pretty darn good in my opinion. I know that the bios have been heavily panned by threads, but perhaps that's due to us only getting a snippet a month. It took me three nights to read through all of it. Thanks to Uki for putting this all together!
    I agree! As one who read it at the beginning, and then coming back every couple of months to see the updates, it got REALLY hard to read and pay attention to the story, since so much of it was still fresh in my mind. Having spent at least a year not looking at it (wow, really? ), it does come together really well, and I'm hoping we get to see how it ends!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.