Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Narrative-Based on the Bios

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So Prahvus would have been a new Horde member? Wonder if that's the plan in MOTUC?
    Its been far too long since I've rewatched 200X.. so uhh.. who?

Excellent job.
    Who has the Power?

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Its been far too long since I've rewatched 200X.. so uhh.. who?
    This guy -

He was in the Sorceress flashback episode "Out Of The Past".

A Classics figure of Prahvus would be wicked cool, regardless of how he works into the story. Thank you all for the kind words!

Radrcks, I need to rewatch 200X soon, too. Viewing party!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    This guy -

He was in the Sorceress flashback episode "Out Of The Past".
    Yeah I don't remember him at all.

UPDATED with TYTUS' BIO!

Let me know what you guys think, and as always, Scott/TG, please correct me where I've strayed!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

This is pretty cool! I was actually gonna post a thread asking what the possible bio continuity was up to this point. I've been clipping out all of the bios from the boxes and I've been wanting to arrange them in an adjustable scrap book type thing. You know, create a story book arranging the bios in order as they come out. Glad to see you created this Uki!

So, if I'm reading your bio order correctly, and I know you have the bios themselves split up to make a story, it goes like this (?)....

1) He-Ro
    2) Hordak
    3) Tytus
    4) King Grayskull
    5) Zodac
    6) Zodak
    7) The Goddess
    8) Wun-Dar
    9) King Randor
    10) Skeletor
    11) Beast Man
    12) Trap Jaw
    13) Evil Lyn
    14) Tri-Klops
    15) Mer-Man
    16) Man-at-Arms
    17) Teela
    18) Stratos
    19) Adora
    20) He-Man
    21) Battle Cat
    22) Battle Armor He-Man
    23) Webstor
    24) Scareglow
    25) Faker
    26) Moss Man

Again, I know you've split the bios up to help tell a story, and I can see some instances where maybe some of these that I numbered could be switched around as they stand now. Does this look like how you see the bios if you placed them in a book in the best order you could think of? The main bio discussion thread by Patrick Fogerty only has them listed in the order that each figure is released. I've been curious actually for quite a while now what a continuity arranged bio story would be ordered like.
    Last edited by A.J.; February 18, 2010 at 12:34am.

Looks good to me, A.J! Especially since, as you said, the bios are a bit split up if you try to edit them together.

I'm really glad everyone seems to be enjoying this. I have fixed it now so that it all reads in the past tense, and I have updated it with optikk's Bio as well (which, I don't belive contradicts anything about time-travel...! Great!)

I have to say, I am loving these Bios more and more as they come out. I look forward to each new entry as much as I do the figures themselves!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Uki - as always GREAT job with this! I agree with you 100%, I actually REALLY like the bios too and am enjoying each bio release (almost) as much as the figures themselves. When put into form this way, it's a great read and I can't wait for more! I'm HOPING Keldor's bio will be a new one and not the Skeletor one!

I've updated the MOTUC Portal with you updates! Fantastic job!

Thank you very much for putting that all together, well done!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    AWESOME job, Uki!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing it.
    It's a great read and makes a lot of sense, I love it and can't wait for the future bio's!
    Keep up the great work.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for putting everything together like that Uki. Great read. The only thing I wonder about is did Skeletor actually defeat Hordak and go after the Horde Empire with the Space Mutants AFTER Adora was given the Sword of Protection. I guess more will be revealed in time as more bios, especially the POP & NA bios in my opinion. We know Evil-Lyn is responsible for freeing Hordak & later Skeletor defeats him. In the mini-comics, Skeletor was responsible for Hordak being trapped in Etheria (Despondos). For some reason, I feel that Skeletor is able to defeat Hordak & banish him back to Despondos, but after awhile later, the Sorceress learns that Adora is in that dimension and sends He-Man to Despondos to give Adora the Sword of Protection to fight and protect the good people of Etheria from the Constant threat of the Horde. If the bios were to go this route, then in allows the this current NA canon to take place alongside the POP canon. I might be wrong, but just my take on how things should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Looks good to me, A.J! Especially since, as you said, the bios are a bit split up if you try to edit them together.

I'm really glad everyone seems to be enjoying this. I have fixed it now so that it all reads in the past tense, and I have updated it with optikk's Bio as well (which, I don't belive contradicts anything about time-travel...! Great!)

I have to say, I am loving these Bios more and more as they come out. I look forward to each new entry as much as I do the figures themselves!
    Excellent job putting everything together, much needed. I have a thread up re evaluating the need for the return of the comics or mini comics. You putting together the bios shows that we are in need of a great story, and I say the by success of the line, why not look into bringing the comics back.

Thanks for (keep on) doing this

Must say that this is in the top 3 threads within the classics thread, Uki, if not the best( sorry Patrick, Megagearmax ). I think it's high praise indeed if TG commends you on this and apologies to Toyguru as there is a clear narrative to these bios despite initial concerns.

Just can't wait for new bio info to see this fully fleshed out and resulting in a new continunity merging all aspects of MOTU.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Thank you all so very much for the kind words! It is truly a labor of love, as I am really digging the new canon being cemented as the Bios continue to roll out. I do quite a bit of writing myself and I can vouch for the notion that a great story told in tiny bits can really look a bit hodge-podge and thrown together when viewed out-of-context. I have faith that Toyguru and the gang at Mattel truly know what they are doing and that many of us will be quite pleased indeed when all is said and done. Naturally, there will always be some who don't care for the final product or even simply parts of it, but one cannot please everyone!

In any event, this thread has been officially UPDATED!

She-Ra's (in my opinion) excellent Bio is now part of the Story Form. Let me know what you think, as always, and enjoy! Thank you again for reading!

As an aside, I picked up the DCU VS MOTU sets yesterday (I've yet to open Skeletor's at the moment). I love them and I was pondering whether I should add any of the stories from the included comics in this Narrative. Please chime in with your thoughts! I could whip up a rough idea to be plugged in later, if enough people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Thank you all so very much for the kind words! It is truly a labor of love, as I am really digging the new canon being cemented as the Bios continue to roll out. I do quite a bit of writing myself and I can vouch for the notion that a great story told in tiny bits can really look a bit hodge-podge and thrown together when viewed out-of-context. I have faith that Toyguru and the gang at Mattel truly know what they are doing and that many of us will be quite pleased indeed when all is said and done. Naturally, there will always be some who don't care for the final product or even simply parts of it, but one cannot please everyone!

In any event, this thread has been officially UPDATED!

She-Ra's (in my opinion) excellent Bio is now part of the Story Form. Let me know what you think, as always, and enjoy! Thank you again for reading!

As an aside, I picked up the DCU VS MOTU sets yesterday (I've yet to open Skeletor's at the moment). I love them and I was pondering whether I should add any of the stories from the included comics in this Narrative. Please chime in with your thoughts! I could whip up a rough idea to be plugged in later, if enough people like it.
    Thanks Uki! As always - EXCELLENT!

As far as adding the stories from the comics - my vote is definitely a NO. I love that your narrative truly helps lay out what Mattel is presenting for MOTUC storyline. The stories in the re-printed comics are not officially MOTUC canon but rather (like every other era before this), inspiration for the MOTUC cannon. Hope that makes sense?

That's pretty much how I felt about it, too, but I do have to say that I loved getting to read that old comoc last night! I will be displaying it with my MOTUC collection, however. Maybe I can write it up and add it as a postscript to the Narrative, though...

Yeah, having the comics to read was a nice treat for sure! I love the He-Man and Skeletor from these two packs - by far my favorite versions yet.

I added a thread featuring the Narrative over at Matty's forums last night.

Great job Uki !! The narrative just gets better and better!!!

Thanks, Fisto69!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Love this thread. I come back and read it all the way through quiet often. Thanks again! I wouldn't worry about the DC comics.. It's kind of a different continunity all together.

I agree. There's just a fanboy urge in me that loves the idea of DC characters being able to pop into MOTU stories from time to time. Thanks for the kind words, CarKrash! you rock! I love your avatar by the way. Stinkor is one of my personal favorites, and I hope we see him soon (with his tanks and Odiphous!) in MOTUC!

UPDATE!!!

I deleted and recopied my last post here in order to add this: I have updated the Narrative with Kedlor's Bio. This one was a bit trickier, since it covers a lot of information we already had, but I am loving that Keldor was once known as a prince and that he was actually banished from teh kingdom!

I always assumed that he was raised far from Randor by his mother...!

Cranky Warrior Queen
    It's a Masters novel...great! And it's great to see so many of the Mini-ternia ideas have finally been made canon! Thanks for the timeline, Uki!