Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Narrative-Based on the Bios

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Hey Uki (and everyone else),

superb post! I love it. I am new to this message board. As a kid, not (or, barely) being able to read or understand English, not being able to buy every new toy, I missed out on some info. I always felt that there must have been a bigger story. Upon discovering the MYP cartoons, I got that feeling pretty hard (though some of the stuff was not consistent with the memories I had from the Filmation and minicomics).

Anyway, I've seen different threads on the subject of a bigger and more coherent 'He-Man story'. I haven't been able to read all the posts but I just want to say that I really would like such a story to appear (getting rid of all the loopholes). What you are doing here, Uki, is getting pretty close! Excellent job.

My gutfeeling says: an overarching story, including (nearly) every source is possible. I want to believe Keep up the great work Uki!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Thanks pal! I appreciate the kind words. The story is indeed shaping up to be quite epic! I'd love to see it fleshed out in some other media as well.

I will do some editing for a few out of place parts after returning to civilization. I'm camping now and my connection is tenuous at best...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

My most sincere congratulations for this great work, is brilliant, I'm playing your great work in a MOTU Spanish-speaking community, and from there I extend the greatest compliments of all its members for you .
    Thank you for sharing this work with us.

I'm glad you are enjoying it and putting it to use!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Thank you so much for taking your time and putting all of this together for us! It was a great read and made me feel a sense of happiness all over again for the classics line!

Everytime I work on this thing I get giddy all over again about MOTUC! I love it!!!

I've updated the Narrative with all the goodies from PowerCon, but I need the Star Sisters' Real Names to work in. (I know they're here somewhere; I saw them. I know Tally is Cassandra now, and I think we all need to refer to their forum-member as such, at least for awhile.)

Anyhow, I'm super-excited!

...And I'm going to be a Daddy!!!

(So I'm Super-Duper Excited!)

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

Uki, congratulations on the news. I wish good health on your partner and child. It was the best thing ive ever done and you should savour it as it flies in so fast. Well done again!!!!!!!

However, on to more important things( lol)....... Cant believe youre liking the news about the Spector bio or what it may contain!!!! This could be another Goddess bio to me. One thing new canon being added but to add himself to the canon in what i sense to be in a influential way and further change what i grew up with, (shudders).
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Everytime I work on this thing I get giddy all over again about MOTUC! I love it!!!

I've updated the Narrative with all the goodies from PowerCon, but I need the Star Sisters' Real Names to work in. (I know they're here somewhere; I saw them. I know Tally is Cassandra now, and I think we all need to refer to their forum-member as such, at least for awhile.)

Jewelstar's real name is Devena, and Starla's is Gemma.

And congrats on your big news!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

CONGRATS Uki! So excited for you! The narrative is amazing as well (as always!)

Great shout out from Toyguru over at the Mattycollector forums:

There's a fella over on He-man.org who did a bang up job putting them in order. Check out their forums and search for narrative based on the bios. That'll set you straight!

Iran, I was just going to post this as well GO UKI!

However, Mr. Uki - time to update that narrative with the mini-comic info...just saying

I really need to. Still, I kinda thought I'd preserve the surprise for those who haven't read it though. That, and it's been Hella hereabouts. Hayley has been in the hospital twice now for kidney issues, but she came home yesterday and will be getting IV antibiotics through her new line. Also, my parents are coming into town tomorrow, so I'll be scouring the house tonight!

(The comic is awesome though, and I can't wait to do that update!

And lastly: YAY FOR ME! Scooter gave the Narrative props!

I know youre going to be a father Uki, but arent we due an update on the greatest thread ever?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

As a matter of fact, I was thinking about doing an update tonight! Great minds and all that, huh?

...after Clone Wars, I'm on it!

YES! Can't wait Uki - this is my favorite thread

Hey, speaking of greatness, when can we expect a new Video from you and Jeffrey? I'm jonesin' for a fix!

Okay, I updated with Bios for Fisto and Shadow Weaver. They actually fit in quite nicely without the need for splitting up the individual entries this time, which is always nice. At some point, probably after everyone has read the new minicomic, I will edit in the plotline from it; as it is in teh meantime, I don't want to blow the surprise of reading it one's self.

Let me know if anything seems wonky or misplaced, or simply misspelled or something, gang! This thing is getting long and a bit unwieldy, so I'm sure there are things I'ev goofed. (I do try to correct the occassionally awkward writing in the Bios without altering too much.)

In any event, I'm still loving this new take on the MOTU Mythology!

UPDATED AGAIN: 1/29/2012

I've updated the thread with Khan and Draego-Man's Bios! Enjoy!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Thank you for the updates Uki!
    I love reading the Bios as a story where everything fits into place

I did some spellchecking for ya!

At the young age of 428 Gur'rull was kidnapped by the Horde Empire, who erased his memories so he would serve loyally in their armies, where he was renamed "Grizzlor" and served with utter and total mindlesness, defending his beloved Horde from the goodness of Eternia.
    mindlessness

A Slebetor Slug-man from deep in the Lake of Gnarl, K'ull'leusshhhh was called from the depths with a magic spell from Hordak, whosought to bolster his forces against King Grayskull and the Snake Men during the Great Wars. Mindwiped
    who sought
    Mind wiped

A crack shot with almost any laser rifle, she prefered
    preferred

Trained by the renowned tactician Dekker, the man named Duncan, a veteran of the Great Unrest, was asked by King Randor to step into the positionof
    position of

In addition to his skills in combat, Duncan was also a great inventoFisto-Heroic
    inventor ?

Together the evil "Master of Snakes" Kobra Khan and Evil-Lyn opened the Snake Pit porta,l
    portal,
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Yikes! (Thanks!) I'll fix that up ASAP...

It's all the cutting and pasting that gets me!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Read this today for the first time since it initially went up. I have all the figures, and I've read the bios, but it all makes so much more sense in this format. It makes me wonder if the Matty team has an "end" of the story in mind. Obviously we'll have to see more NA characters to get an idea if there is an end, and if they do end the story eventually, I hope they don't leave the whole "Son of Skeletor" thing dangling without resolution.

Oh, I agree! I really hope to see the Son of Skeletor explored in Classics. In fact, I was reading the BGEL bio for the first time when my wife informed me that we're having a baby too! Major revelations that evening!!!

I'll get to those typos and such soon, gang. Thanks for pointing them out here and in PMs. You all rock!

UPDATE:
    I wonder where Patrick's been. I really need to update this Narrative, as we've had some major Bios revealed since my last update. Hang in there, gang, I'll get to it at some point. My sister-in-law is getting married tomorrow, though, so it may be next weekend. Oi!

...FINALLY!!!

This Baby's updated with ALL released Bios, now, and I have to say, looking back over this thing, I am very impressed with the story that Scott and the gang have put together with all the disparate elements of the mythology. Let me know what you think, and have a great night and a super week everybody!

I wonder where Patrick's been.
    Hey! So BUSY these days, Jolene and I have decided to go after our 10 year dream and start our own retail business. I've left Apple after 4.5 years and the last month has been insane. We have our shop open and things are going VERY well but it's long days. The shop is seasonal May-November. We sell whimsical home accents, unique gifts, jewelry and bulk candy. Check out our site at: https://www.facebook.com/alittlemadislandshop

So needless to say - VERY little time lately for anything non-shop related. Still checking in but not really a ton of time to post, etc. If anyone is ever up in Bar Harbor, Maine - come say hi

Updated once again with Bio information for both Sir Laser-Lot and Spikor!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    At this time, most of Eternia's Council of Elders became purely spiritual entities, but member Zodac Zur chose to retain his human form and left Eternia to fulfill the bargain with Trolla. Finding peace among the stars, Zodac was recruited by the Overlords of Trolla to become one of the Cosmic Enforcers, and although he no longer called Eternia home, the constant struggle over the Power Sword often called Zodac back to his native planet to maintain the eternal balance between good and evil.

After his mentor, the original Zodac, left Eternia, Kar-tor took his place on the Council. One of the most powerful enforcers for the Council of Elders, Kar-tor studied the teachings and mystic fighting techniques of the Cosmic Enforcers and knew how to instantly identify an opponent’s weakness. Although he preferred a solitary life of meditation in the Mystic Mountains, when he was called to battle, Kar-tor, having taken the name Zodak for his mentor, attacked his enemies using all the power at his command. [/I]
    All of this looks to happen way AFTER the events of mini-comic #2.

Yet Zodak is in #2.

Reconcile, please?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I think Kar-Tor was already trained in the arts of the Mystic Enforcers before Zodac Zur became a CE himself. Perhaps Zodac himself already knew these arts, thus making him the ideal candidate to join the Trollans' version of the Green Lantern Corps. It seems to me that there may have been more interaction with Eternia during these early days from beyond than some of us may have thought previously. The spaceport on Anwat Gar is a big clue to this.

As it is, I don't see any problems there.