Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

I like her!

I am wondering what is up with the black collar and gray color...I think those would make her perfect (blue collar & true white color).

I dig her wand and shield...I think they look great!

EDIT:

Maybe its not black but painted a dark blue???
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; September 5, 2012 at 12:24am.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No matter what she looks like, some PoP fans will be unhappy. The ways it goes.

I'm not too crazy about the head either and I'm NOT a hardcore POP fan. I would have liked something more Filmation based with the light blue hair and facial sculpt. Fortunately for fans, MOTUC figures can swap heads. The thing is if there is a head that we don't care for, when will Mattel ever make a new version? Especially since this is a teeny tiny line.

Kevin Kosse, your mission should you choose to accept it...

And what's with that gray instead of white? Brilliant white paint too expensive? The whole figure has it's problems. Which is odd because Frosta should have been the one character where Mattel and the 4H could have gone nuts with possibilities--translucent ice weapons and the whole nine.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 5, 2012 at 12:32am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

She's looking pretty sweet to me! Minor gripes aside, I think the face looks SO much better and I am really diggin the hair and shield. Wish we had a blast accessory but thrilled to be getting this frosty treat so soon!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I think, overall, she's lovely. I actually like her face quite a bit. I imagine with this expression we'll see some subtle variations from face to face depending on paint application. I wish she had more of a smile, but I don't mind this look.

Her weapons turned out SO COOL. Seriously, they both look amazing with the paint apps.

But, I do wish she was more white instead of gray. After going through the trouble of making sure BP She-Ra's dress was whiter because fans didn't care for the grayer plastic of the first release, why go backwards here? It's just a weird decision. But it doesn't bother me as much as that black cape collar. That is totally bizarre. I think I'll get used to it in time, but right now it just looks very odd with the rest of her.

The collar is actually dark blue.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Sweet, problem solved!

And as far as "Mattel white" goes, I don't mind as much as others clearly do. Maybe the white paint budget went to those pearly whites of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    That's good, hopefully that's just the pic making it look more extreme.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So what is the webaddress for AFI? I thought it was actionfigureinsider.com, but it comes up with some random doman name available message.

Also, what is up with Frosta's hair? I thought it was supposed to be transluscent?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

AFI's site is down currently. According to their FB they're aware.

Looks like the forearms are reversed. The high part of the glove should be on the outside of her arm, not the inside. This figure is a mess, IMO.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Looks like the forearms are reversed. The high part of the glove should be on the outside of her arm, not the inside. This figure is a mess, IMO.
    Or maybe the foreames are like BG Evil Lyn's and have a cut at the top. I think maybe we should get answers before making assumptions.

Heroic Warrior
    Dark blue collar?

That's good news, although it still seems oddly "dark" in AFI's pics. It would have been nice if the collar matched the dark blue of the bodice and legs.

There is a preview pic in the Frosta thread at TheFwoosh forums and the colours look very different. The hair appears much "lighter" (and solid) and the "white" seems brighter. I guess Frosta is going to vary quite a bit depending upon individual paint application.

the bod is great, but damn.. that face she looks like a man with a very bad wig, those eyes are HUGE.. kinda scary
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

By the paint bleed, it doesn't look to me like the gloves rotate. I personally don't know enough to tell if they're wrong for the character, but it looks like both con prototypes were assembled the reverse way. For the time being, since the SDCC figure was final, I'm going to assume this one is just an early sample that the factory goofed. If not, I'm thankful it's an easy swap if it's on the majority of the releases and the gloves can't rotate. Easy swap with no stripe painting.

Why are her eyes so damn big though???
    And the "white" is grey??? C'mon!!
    Last edited by oICEMANo; September 5, 2012 at 03:45am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Strangely enough, I'm kind of glad it looks like her face isn't painted. It will make it easier for me when I repaint those ridiculously huge eyes.

I thought hyper-anime style was retired?
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No matter what she looks like, some PoP fans will be unhappy. The ways it goes.
    Stop trying to cause trouble (as usual) with the POP fans. Give it a rest for once. It's not just POP fans that are unhappy with some figures, and you know it.

There will always be some people who are unhappy with a figure, no matter what the faction, and again, you know it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    She looks pretty good I think. The face is a MAJOR improvement over the Jackie Stallone face we saw at Toyfare

The grey, I think I understand - there have been reports that BP She-Ra's "pure white" dress is no longer pure but has turned an awful yellow. So I guess the greyish-white is less likely to turn yellow over time?

The inner thighs not being blue is a really big no-no I think.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I love how Mattel have taken the most attractive female character from the brand.

and turned out this!

Sorry if certian indivduals can't handle POP fan's expressing their oppinions on how one of the most important POP figures has turned out. But I am going to have my say regardless of the little digs Rockinhard likes to make about POP fans who dare to complain about issues on POP figures. It's such a shame that some fans are always trying to wind things up to try & cause arguments! The ways it goes!

Once I have re-painted the white on her body and sorted out the very dark collor her body will be fine. I would have prefered a lighter color pallet but the Mattel white / gray and the white thigh bones (LOL) visable under her skirt are my only issue on her body and they are all easily fixed. But her face is a total mess and it has been so from the beginning.

From the moment the 4H revealed her until now...her face was just a complete let down IMO. The 4H are cabable of much better face work than this....just look at Teela & Adora. I'm very disapointed in both Mattel (& sadly) the 4H on this occasion for not listening to Eamon's advise on her face. There was time to make changes (over 9 months) and enough people wanted to see those changes to justify making them. Teela's butt got extra attention so why not Frosta's face. Her face sculpt, with skin tone plastic and bug eyes are a real let down. Her lips and mouth look narly...like bad custom work and her hair just looks plain weird.

Kevin Koss please come to the rescue!!!

Eamon your visual suggestions for Frosta were fantastic, It's such a shame that your photoshop picture is as close as we are ever going to get to seeing how AMAZING MOTUC Frosta could have looked if Mattel really put the effort into her head sculpt and paint apps!
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 5, 2012 at 06:50am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Eh, she's just 'okay' to me.

Not really digging that face, but maybe it will look better in person.

I'm good with the face.

The "white" parts of her gear I am going to have to wait until I have her in hand before I decided. I could be wrong, but it looks like the white hip joints/connectors are whiter than that "white" on her gear. Someone else pointed this out to me, but lovin' that backwards arm in the package

I miss Terry Higuchi
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Ugh I wish we could just get the protos!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Hmmm so....Dog Collar?.......pained expression?......Gray Underwear?......Gray outfit?......

..........yep Its Official dear old TG has been reading Fifty Shades of Gray!!!!!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Yes i agree the forearms are definately reversed but of course can be easily fixed.

Frosta-SheRa-BlackSnow06.jpg

The sculpt of her hair is totally different as well, on the prototype it a lot more flow to it. Now it looks like it´s more flat and that makes we wonder if she can turn her head at all.

I know with the moveable waist it´s not that big of a deal but that means she can look to the front....