Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1105

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Especially on pictures the grey is very obvious in real life it wont be or so i hope.

But what i never realized before the staff is also grey now and shouldnīt it be blue?

Itīs not a problem, since it fits they whole "Why chose the original color when you can do anything else and the costumer will like and buy her since she is the only version they will ever get" theme.

But the shield looks amazing and her face looks pretty on the latest pictures thatīs a big +

Thanks for finding this, MGM. My own quibbles aside, she's probably the nicest Frosta I've seen so far.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

This is by far the prettiest looking Frosta thus far. There is one slight problem, are her shins and feet assembled correctly???

I love that the Matty Sale page for her has a loose picture with correct arms, and a packaged one with incorrect forearms!

...ROLL THE DICE BABY!!!!...DO YA FEEL LUCKY?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A POP or Filmation fan is probably going to care more about Frosta's hair color than someone with a more casual interest in the character. It's like that with Rattlor's armor. A vintage fan probably either won't miss the armor or wouldn't be fussed abiut the armor showing up in a weapons pak. A 200X fan might want a whole Rattlor variant. Casual fans might not understand the fuss over something the hardcore fans would want.
    POP and Filmation are my main connections but this is one instance where I'm good to go with the design choice they made. That hair just looks flippin' awesome. None of these look 100% out of Filmation anyway and they still look great (Bow anyone?). I agree with a lot of people that the main issue is the dull/gray white.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    also I read somewhere that they were concerned about 'pure white' discoloring over time....um...the Vintage Frosta in that pic is 28 years old......Next excuse?
    Given Mattel's recent track record and use of ever cheaper materials, that's a legitimate concern. Anyone checked their now likely lemon yellow SDCC Stay Puft Marshmallow Man lately?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Given Mattel's recent track record and use of ever cheaper materials, that's a legitimate concern. Anyone checked their now likely lemon yellow SDCC Stay Puft Marshmallow Man lately?
    My Stay Puft is still white. Mine is the 1980's original.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I love that the Matty Sale page for her has a loose picture with correct arms, and a packaged one with incorrect forearms!

...ROLL THE DICE BABY!!!!...DO YA FEEL LUCKY?
    Very interesting that it does not state on the sale page that there is a defect with this figure. That is why DOS buyers do not get the "gift", because they know what they are getting, but really they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, if that's the Frosta that we are getting, she looks pretty good facially. Guess we have to forget about her Filmation cel art looks...

http://cooltoyreview.com/Mattel/MATT..._FROSTA-16.jpg

However, the big thing that still throws me is the gray instead of brilliant white.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VETseGUbiu...rty%2BSnow.jpg

It looks like her arms and hands CAN be swapped using the heat and pop method. No telling musculature screwing up that idea.
    frosta looks better *other then the hair and the gray* but is She-Ra starting to get mold marks on her legs?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I totally agree. Like I just said to someone on FB, Frosta is an Ice Empress, she should look like newly fallen snow not snow that was plowed off the road 2 days ago.
    This is hilarious. Your comment sums up my thoughts about Frosta's face sculpt perfectly.
    Ryan Yzquierdo
    Seibertron.com
    http://www.seibertron.com

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    frosta looks better *other then the hair and the gray* but is She-Ra starting to get mold marks on her legs?
    No, it's no mold. It's paint and it's from the strangest place. It's the silver/blue paint on the bottom of the feet that was used to print the production marks. That paint is nowhere else to be found on the figure, yet it somehow ended up on the legs.

I'm still working on Cloroxing her whites, but my Frosta's head is pretty much done (ignore the Teflon tape; it's just there to keep her head in place until the glue dries. )

Except for my choice in 'make-up', I painted her to match the way the 4H sculpted her. I don't understand why Matty painted her the way they did.

I liked the translucent hair, but not the way it was done. I removed the dull, muddy blue they put on her, and dry-brushed it with metallic powder-blue paint. Now it looks icy.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; October 20, 2012 at 08:55pm. Reason: wrong pronoun

Woof! I see myself trying to overlook the face and be optimistic but especially standing next to the Star Sisters, Frosta's face really looks bad. I'm trying to squint and sorta accept her features are just "exotic". But the other female faces are just so much prettier. I'm still happy with it overall, but I really wish the face came out better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'm still working her, but my Frosta's head is pretty much done
    This is certainly looking great - lips look much better - and the eyes are looking better as well - would be cool to have a tutorial, but either way, thanks so much for your PM. I didn't get Frosta (and can't afford a subscription) but if I had her, I would definately paint her face and possibly her outfit.

Oh btw, you are going to give her some eye-liner right - for the sculpted eye-lashes bit

Is there an official Frosta talkback thread somewhere? I wanted to post in it, now that I finally have one....can't find it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'm still working on Cloroxing her whites, but my Frosta's head is pretty much done (ignore the Teflon tape; it's just there to keep her head in place until the glue dries. )

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC01996.jpg

Except for my choice in 'make-up', I painted her to match the way the 4H sculpted her. I don't understand why Matty painted her the way they did.

I liked the translucent hair, but not the way it was done. I removed the dull, muddy blue they put on her, and dry-brushed it with metallic powder-blue paint. Now it looks icy.
    Wow! You are a great painter. She looks 100 times better. I have also repainted some of my female figures faces as well (to make them prettier). What kind of brushes and paint did you use?

Is there an official Frosta talkback thread somewhere? I wanted to post in it, now that I finally have one....can't find it though!
    Seriously, no one can point me towards the official Frosta Arrival/Talkback thread??

..or is this it?

Cause I know if I don't find it, a mod is going to have to end up moving my post and that's going to be annoying for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Seriously, no one can point me towards the official Frosta Arrival/Talkback thread??

..or is this it?

Cause I know if I don't find it, a mod is going to have to end up moving my post and that's going to be annoying for them.
    This is the only thread I know about.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

a Muppet of a man...
    There's this thread for Frosta's arrival (but it includes the rest of the month's offerings as well) http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ghlight=Frosta

But this one would would work too.

Hey, has anyone thought of this...

I gave my Frosta the Teela shield from the weapons pack (the light blue one).

I also plan on giving her the blue sword (most are giving it to Netossa) from the new Weapons pack coming in October. (I don't have Netossa).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Hey, has anyone thought of this...

I gave my Frosta the Teela shield from the weapons pack (the light blue one).

I also plan on giving her the blue sword (most are giving it to Netossa) from the new Weapons pack coming in October. (I don't have Netossa).
    The Sword could work, I'm just fine with Frosta posed with the Fan staff. I'm not even sure I'm giving Netossa her sword, but I'm looking into a mask for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    Woof! I see myself trying to overlook the face and be optimistic but especially standing next to the Star Sisters, Frosta's face really looks bad. I'm trying to squint and sorta accept her features are just "exotic". But the other female faces are just so much prettier. I'm still happy with it overall, but I really wish the face came out better.
    Seriously? Star Sister look better? Not really. Frosta even with her flaws blows any of those 3 away.

Quote Originally Posted by Motucollector View Post
    The Sword could work, I'm just fine with Frosta posed with the Fan staff. I'm not even sure I'm giving Netossa her sword, but I'm looking into a mask for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? Star Sister look better? Not really. Frosta even with her flaws blows any of those 3 away.
    I agree, Star Sisters are horrible figures, to say they look better than Frosta, despite her flaws....is an insult. Starla is the best one, and even she looks like she was punched in the face and is seeing....well, stars.

And what's got you on a roll this morning, usually you don't post on here....ever....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I agree, Star Sisters are horrible figures, to say they look better than Frosta, despite her flaws....is an insult. Starla is the best one, and even she looks like she was punched in the face and is seeing....well, stars.

And what's got you on a roll this morning, usually you don't post on here....ever....
    Bored, surgery, pain, no wife or kids today, ya know! PEACE! Catching up on toy news across the boards today. Loving these new MOTUC figures, glad I decided to give the sub another go, after getting shafted last year repeatedly, so far no issues with either sub.

And I saw all the people griping over Frosta, and I think she's a great figure, much better than 99% of the 30th ann figures (not counting Draego), and much better than a lot of the other Classics like Faceless one, Megator blah blah. But whatever, I guess some people want these things to come alive or something and keep them company, they're toys, and a lot of other lines have fugly ass Females. Star Wars can't get Padme right to save their asses, and I think Natalie Portman is pretty damn hot!

Yet her toys look like ass, and we complain a toy based on a toy based on a cartoon looks bad, when they can't get one based on a real face right, let alone make a disproportionate doll that's supposed to empower little girls into thinking that is normal to look like that? No, sorry, I'll endorse Netossa to my little girl before letting her think Barbie is what she's supposed to look like. At least Netossa has back, even if it's only simulated. Not to mention a much more realistic face than Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Wow! You are a great painter. She looks 100 times better. I have also repainted some of my female figures faces as well (to make them prettier). What kind of brushes and paint did you use?
    Oh, I had to practice on my Glenn heads several times before I had the guts to try and repaint Frosta. It surprised me that I was able to do it, especially because I have flare-ups of Carpal Tunnel in the hand I paint with. If the production factory had painted her the way she was sculpted, her face wouldn't be as bad. I won't even go into the gray issue.

She's a much better figure than it seems, it's the two issues above that knock her down.

------

Paints were acrylics, brushes were 0 round and 18/0 liner.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; September 27, 2013 at 10:03pm.

Okay well after that build-up...

I have a Frosta!

Yep, I finally caved when I saw her in a bin recently, loose and in good condition. The price was right so I indulged.

She has really terrific legs and the body is great too. Her face, while completely not the Frosta we know and love, is still a decent sculpt, for an Angelina Jolie type.

Somehow I lucked out and got one without switched forearms, so that's a plus too. The staff is great, though a bit heavy for her to hold. And of course the grey paint and unpainted back is annoying...

...but what can you do? Honestly, with a better face sculpt and the details ironed out, this would have been an A+++ figure. Seriously, she has better legs (and butt!) than Adora!