Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    I think once she goes into production she will have a nicer face. That's unless we have QC issues with her which is highly probable.

I think the figure will be fine.

We HAVE TO REMEMBER, these are the prototype final rough figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I haven't seen a face sculpt this bad since Toybiz's Jim Lee Rogue.

TOTALLY brought me back to being a kid and wondering what the abortion was supposed to be lol.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Thatīs just a rushed last minute paintjob, i bet.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Okay, I just did a quick test - it's the lips. Absolutely the lips that are the biggest problem. The eyes don't help - the eyeliner needs to be at most half as thick as it is - but if you take the lips down to cartoon proportions, even without changing the eyes, the whole face looks a lot less scary.

Of course, that really IS a sculpting issue, not just a paint fix...

Frosta - her hair and skin tone are too dark and she has too much eyeshadow and lipstick.

Also if we're being really picky, her hair could do with a bit of 'lift' (cos Frosta's 'worth it'!).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    TOTALLY brought me back to being a kid and wondering what the abortion was supposed to be lol.
    I'm SOO hoping Hasbro will remake that figure in 6 inch scale. Their last few Marve Legends females were really good.
    We could also use a new Jim Lee Cyclops. The Toybiz one was a toothpick.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    The lips don't look right to me either. Way too full, like some of these starlets who get collagen.

That's what I think, too. The face doesn't look good at all.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Are there vampire raccoons in the Kingdom of Snows or something?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    She looks like Joan Collins
    Oh. My. God.

I can't unsee it.

Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I think one thing to remember is that you don't usually view your figures insanely close. A camera can offer a distorted view of things versus experiencing it in real life. Details that seem exaggerated when blown up look better from far away.

See TNI's pic:
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0
    Last edited by JonWes; February 12, 2012 at 04:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think one thing to remember is that you don't usually view your figures insanely close. A camera can offer a distorted view of things versus experiencing it in real life. Details that seem exaggerated when blown up look better from far away.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/2012_...l/IMG_9017.jpg
    Very good point. It'll be interesting to hear what Pixel Dan thinks of her face since he's seen it in person.

It's growing on me. I LOVE everything else about the figure.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

i think she looks good and its not the sculpt but just the paint job tone down the eyeliner and lighten her hair.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I like her face. She looks crazed. But then, I like women who look crazy.

(Admittedly, I don't care that much about this character.)
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I love the way she looks!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    Frosta's hair is different from the cartoon. The shape is different, and the colour of MOTUC Frosta's hair is darker. She should have more movement to her hair, kind of like Tallstar.

There's too much eyeliner, for sure ! It makes her eyes look too big.

There's something off about the expression of her face too. She looks much more beautiful and dainty in the toon. Her lips look a bit weird. They should have been more like the cartoon, or more like MOTUC Adora, IMO.

Her skin colour is too dark too.

I'm not a huge POP fan, but I can tell when I see something weird. And that's the feeling I got when first looking at Frosta's face.

I think the skirt details look cool, though.

Let's hope the final version and the factory version will look much better !
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 12, 2012 at 04:36pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Thatīs just a rushed last minute paintjob, i bet.
    Here's my weigh in:

Spikor - Looks great! He wasn't my favorite MOTU character, but he's definitely a fan favorite and they did him right! I like the different hand options!

Frosta - I am very excited to see Frosta in the line. She's my favorite POP character! The costume, hair and face sculpt look great, but I agree that this looks like a rush paint job... and whoever said she had the eyes of Tammy Faye was right on. I'm sure that once we see the actual product the paint will look 100 times better. I am a little disappointed with the staff though. While I think it's a neat throw back to the original figure, I would have loved to see an awesomely sculpted regular staff made of the clear blue plastic, without the gimmick.

Snake Man 2 pack - I had high hopes for the horde troopers too but I am not at all disappointed with these figures, they look really cool!

Sir Laser Lot - I apologize for being rude, but I couldn't be happier that I didn't sign up for the 30th subscription. While the idea of a laser wielding knight seems like it fits perfectly into MOTU, the name and color scheme make him look ridiculous.

Over all, I can't wait for the rest of the year. I have my fears ( that Frosta's face won't look any better post production ), but I'm definitely more psyched than scared.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Frosta - her hair and skin tone are too dark and she has too much eyeshadow and lipstick.

Also if we're being really picky, her hair could do with a bit of 'lift' (cos Frosta's 'worth it'!).
    I have to agree. If you notice, all the other female characters with longer hair have been sculpted in a windswept manner in order to show some movement and allow for more head articulation. It doesn't seem like Frosta's hair has that. Which if you think about it, she's the one character who's hair should have movement based on her abilities.

I'd need to see more pics for a final verdict on that though.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

i think its funny when Marlena was released and her eyes were just plain black dots taken from the cartoon everyone had a fit they were lifeless and so on. Now Frosta has been give some really pretty blue eyes and everything is wrong with her eyes cause in Filmation they were just simple black dots
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    Frosta's frosty nipples - a delicious detail. Sorry for being vulgar.

Hope they fix the face though.
    She is a face? lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    i think its funny when Marlena was released and her eyes were just plain black dots taken from the cartoon everyone had a fit they were lifeless and so on. Now Frosta has been give some really pretty blue eyes and everything is wrong with her eyes cause in Filmation they were just simple black dots
    I call strawman.

That is the last thing that's wrong. Lips, eye size, eyeliner, skintone, these things are wrong (although the right eye looks a bit funny...). Not the fact she has blue eyes.

I think Frosta would look better with toning the eyeliner down a bit and lighten her hair and skin.
    Last edited by Steph; February 12, 2012 at 04:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    Frosta's frosty nipples - a delicious detail.
    That's so cool ... hadn't noticed that. But I'm sure those details won't make it into the final version (even though this is and adult collector line).

She looks a million times better than the horrible Filmation Frosta. Now thāt was an ugly face.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The face defiantly needs to be re-visited and her tan toned down. The painting looks rushed. I hope that's all it is.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Attachment 72902

I think this is the best Frosta.

Court Magician
    I think they did a great job on her face overall. The sculpt is certainly there, and I still stand by my theory that she came in just under the wire. Give the 4H a chance to clean up her paint apps a little bit before she goes into production, and she''ll look beautiful.