Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Since Scott isn't going to tell the truth I'll do it for him-

This isn't the first Frosta head that was sculpted by a long shot, I'm ASSUMING that Scott got angry she was leaked and had them use a different take on her look as the original one I saw looked ENTIRELY different although it wasn't fully painted so that may be why?

Heroic Warrior
    That's a pretty poor response from Toyguru.

Sometimes I have to wonder how he can be so oblivious to the likely ... interpretation of some of his responses to paying customers.

I'm hopeful that what he really meant was something along the lines of: I only just saw Frosta at NYTF. I had no input into the face design. It would be best to raise this issue directly with the Four Horsemen before they provide Mattel with the "final" proto-type for production. I will also raise this issue with the Four Horsemen. Thanks for providing the comparison image as it will help to inform our final decision.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post

This isn't the first Frosta head that was sculpted by a long shot, I'm ASSUMING that Scott got angry she was leaked and had them use a different take on her look as the original one I saw looked ENTIRELY different although it wasn't fully painted so that may be why?
    If that's indeed what happened, that's beyond immature.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

That might be the most insulting reply from Toyguru. I know the guy can be blunt or unsympathetic, but jesus, that is some rude ****...

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I don't think Frosta is ugly, she's unique and 1950's/60's sultry. She reminds me of a Russ Meyer girl. To many she's not a textbook beauty, but I see a lot of good things there. Sure she could use a little more eye-shadow and a little less eyeliner but this is a prototype, iirc. She'll be a knockout once we see her at SDCC.
    I agree. She's PERFECT to me! She's way sexier than the androgynous faces we've been getting (Catra being the exception)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I agree. She's PERFECT to me! She's way sexier than the androgynous faces we've been getting (Catra being the exception)
    What?! How are any of the female faces androgynous?! *scratches head* After the exceptionally feminine and beautiful face sculpts we saw on Tallstar and Starla (some of the 4H's best female faces EVER, in my opinion), I'm even more perplexed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    All the paint touch-ups in the world won't change the fact that she has the cheeks of a chipmunk. This head needs a new mold, complete with eyes that are slanted more like the Filmation likeness.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Without more proof I'll take this with a grain of salt, no offence Vertigoink. If this is in fact true, this action would the most hideous example of petty spite.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Verty posted a pic that showed Frosta's hair on a work table. I do believe it was seen.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Yah, Frosta!

I love the lips. The lady wore too much eye liner, though. She must have sat down in the same Mac counter chair as Queen Marlena.

But the eyes are at least big. I can see in the design the effort to make a unique female face. I also like the little wrinkle next to her smile. Except for the coal black smudged eyes, she looks good.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Verty posted a pic that showed Frosta's hair on a work table. I do believe it was seen.
    Oh I know, I saw it, very small.

What I was questioning was if there are different heads and TG purposely used the lest attractive as "revenge" for spoilers/leaks.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

maybe she's getting a second head and that's a surprise ... I mean, not a lot accessories come with her ... so a second head could be it ... I know it's WAY optimistic, but that face is just wrong.

Maybe it's also the first face by that 5th horsemen ... it's just so different from the other female faces.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Her eyes are too big - almost anime, and her lips look like she's had some bad botox work done.
    Yeah, I get that same anime vibe when I look at her eyes. Hopefully, it's just a badly rushed paint job in regards to her eyes.

Her lips on the other hand, are abnormal looking.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

From this angle she looks fantastic IMO
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

The head is a train wreck. But I'm pretty confidant the finished product will be fine and consistant with the other female faces.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Her face sculpt is a big disappointemnt to me. But what shown was just a prototype, the final version could be improved.

I severely doubt a head was redone because of a leak, especially one where photos were not made public. It doesn't make any sense to me. The thing that was "spoiled" was the character itself, not the sculpt. In the slight chance that something was ever done out of spite like that, it would just be to not show the figure or something along those lines, which didn't happen.

The sculpt itself looks totally fine, I think. The paint could maybe be a bit tighter. I'll make a baseless assumption and say that maybe since she's among the later figures in the year, the proto was probably rushed just to have something to show in time for NYTF and hopefully the paint can be tightened up before it's sent off to production. People are talking, there's plenty of time. We saw 2 figures at the show that had tweaked based on fan feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1329117322

Yeah I think she looks fine in this pic.

I really like the lips and all she needs is less black eye liner. I still think she needs a shield also.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Have you guys seen this?

MOTUC Visions: Frosta
    There are alot more MOTUC Visions. I have all of them in the MOTUC Index stickied in this forum at the top, if you want to see other characters!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

He was so mad at bcrduke, Scott ruined the face? Let's get real people.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Frosta's got this dude's lips. Not his mustache though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O-xFD0-Qzi...0/DSC00942.JPG

This is not good for my health. I've got a bad head cold and I'm trying not to laugh over some of these comments because my head starts to throb.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Have you guys seen this?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1329085845

MOTUC Visions: Frosta
    There are alot more MOTUC Visions. I have all of them in the MOTUC Index stickied in this forum at the top, if you want to see other characters!
    *****! I didn't see this one. Now I'm really sad at what we could have had. This is EXACTLY what I wanted for Frosta. Toy boots, Licensing Kit collar for the cape, toy bracelets and toy sticker. The rest is Filmation and that's okay. Perfect hybrid and compromise.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1329117322

I agree! She looks good there! It's the one realllllll close up of her face that makes her look like she has big hyper anime eyes and/or too much hooker makeup. She looks perfect from a step back rather than all up in her grill.

Regardless, I'm satisfied with her.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'd heard that her gauntlets were sculpted like the toy (as seen in Emiliano's design), and that the cape was a bit more toy influenced as well... maybe the proto isn't finished... I'd heard finishing her was a close call (which may be why the face isn't perfect).

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Yeah I think she looks fine in this pic.

I really like the lips and all she needs is less black eye liner. I still think she needs a shield also.
    Maybe she'll get one... There was some talk of that at Toy Fair apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He was so mad at bcrduke, Scott ruined the face? Let's get real people.
    If I remember correctly the anger was misdirected... he apologized... remember?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I hope this is just a prototype and that they make her cape more shimmery/translucent like a silver/blue icy version of Jewelstar's. The plain blue cape looks boring.

Especially when you consider that in her original mini-comic in the 80's, her cape was magical and gave her magic powers. It should look ethereal and otherworldly, not like she just borrowed Randor's cape.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!