Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd heard that her gauntlets were sculpted like the toy (as seen in Emiliano's design), and that the cape was a bit more toy influenced as well... maybe the proto isn't finished... I'd heard finishing her was a close call (which may be why the face isn't perfect).
    Argh! Dagger through my heart. If they're still in the process of sculpting her...that would be fantastic to see (cape and bracelets). Her cape really bothers me. It looks SO much like the 90's Legends of Batman capes. They're skinny at the top and then get REALLY wide at the bottom. That doesn't make any sense! Gravity doesn't work like that. It's not like she's standing on a vent ala Marilyn Monroe...her skirt would by flying up. She doesn't have a fan on her because her hair isn't wind-blown.

I like the blue part of her wand. Not the rest. :S No idea what inspired the poll part of that. Clearly not the toy or the Licensing Kit (only places she has a wand). They're both small.

I know the "rumour" is she will get a shield, but I REALLY hope she comes with the small snowflake wand from the Licensing Kit. It's beautiful and elegant.

Her boots are okay, her skirt is nice (the added snowflake sticker would make it amazing). Gloves, total disappointment (unless they add the ice shard-inspired detailing like the toy/Emil's drawing). Her top is very nice (except for the sculpted nipples...I find that...inappropriate, like Bow having the "heart-on" ). The hair is nice. Two toned like the Licensing Kit would be nicer.

The face has been discussed. Hopefully a new paint deco can fix it. She's really a mixed bag for me. She could be leaps and bounds better...but she's not "horrible." I would love the extra detailing which might be coming? I can deal with her as long as she comes with a second FROSTA accessory and her face looks decent after she's put into production though. Definitely near the bottom of the PoP in MOTUC figures for me though. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I like MOTUC Jewelstar better than MOTUC Frosta.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I hope this is just a prototype and that they make her cape more shimmery/translucent like a silver/blue icy version of Jewelstar's. The plain blue cape looks boring.

Especially when you consider that in her original mini-comic in the 80's, her cape was magical and gave her magic powers. It should look ethereal and otherworldly, not like she just borrowed Randor's cape.
    That was my first thought when I saw her cape! I would like it to have that pearly shine like Jewelstar's cape. That way the cape also looks closer to the cape of her vintage figure. The wand also could have been better. It's too big and I would have prefered it if it was completely made transparant blue (like the inside of the wheel) or solid white. Not a mix.

Her outfit looks good. It's Filmation accurate. Just really hope they final version will have better face paint.

I just found this video from the show floor. I'll just stick it here since the official Toy Fair thread is closed. MOTUC starts at 9:58...

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Since Scott isn't going to tell the truth I'll do it for him-

This isn't the first Frosta head that was sculpted by a long shot, I'm ASSUMING that Scott got angry she was leaked and had them use a different take on her look as the original one I saw looked ENTIRELY different although it wasn't fully painted so that may be why?

I really hope you are right, I wanted frosta so bad. But after seeing her face. This might end the classics line for me. Yes I'm serious. I'm a huge pop classics fan but this new frosta does not look anything like classics to me. It looks more like a bad custom figure. It's horrible looking, not even close to all the other female classics figures. Her eyes are too big, the lips are too big, too much botox in the lips. To me, all this makes her look too old. The person on this board did a much better version of frosta. Now that was a great figure. This one just sucks big time and its a dagger through the heart. I keeping my fingers crossed for a new sculpted head for the final version.
    Last edited by mac&cheesier; February 13, 2012 at 06:23am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd heard that her gauntlets were sculpted like the toy (as seen in Emiliano's design), and that the cape was a bit more toy influenced as well... maybe the proto isn't finished... I'd heard finishing her was a close call (which may be why the face isn't perfect).

Maybe she'll get one... There was some talk of that at Toy Fair apparently.

If I remember correctly the anger was misdirected... he apologized... remember?

Thank you Duke for somewhat backing me up on that- the hint I dropped that time about frosted paint was due to being told that her gauntlets would have the toy style "icicles" with a snowy frostish deco to them so I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard that. Also, yeah Scott totally misdirected his anger at you instead of me simply for a weather comment you made which he took to be something about Frosta lol- well that and me being way too direct about the details in that post which is why I won't further leak anything again- errr not counting the hints about sir lazy-lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I hope this is just a prototype and that they make her cape more shimmery/translucent like a silver/blue icy version of Jewelstar's. The plain blue cape looks boring.

Especially when you consider that in her original mini-comic in the 80's, her cape was magical and gave her magic powers. It should look ethereal and otherworldly, not like she just borrowed Randor's cape.
    Oh man!! A cape like Jewelstar's would be Fantastic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Argh! Dagger through my heart. If they're still in the process of sculpting her...that would be fantastic to see (cape and bracelets). Her cape really bothers me. It looks SO much like the 90's Legends of Batman capes. They're skinny at the top and then get REALLY wide at the bottom. That doesn't make any sense! Gravity doesn't work like that. It's not like she's standing on a vent ala Marilyn Monroe...her skirt would by flying up. She doesn't have a fan on her because her hair isn't wind-blown.
    They were probably trying to copy the silhouette of the cape of the toy. But it does look like Legends Of Batman. maybe some one will take her and make her "Battle with Mr.Freeze Batgirl". Seeing as she has the "bat-nipples" too.

I think Matty upped the contrast of the pics on there site. The pics there over everything look a lot darker ten on like toynewsi.com and the pics Pixel Dan posted. her skin and hair are probably a lot lighter.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I agree. She's PERFECT to me! She's way sexier than the androgynous faces we've been getting (Catra being the exception)
    I fully agree, Starla and Adora (and maybe even Tallstar) were very nice too, but as female MOTUC heads go Frosta's the most sexy and feminine to date.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Wow I tried to word that question really nicely. I don't get the reason for the sharp tone in his responce to my question. I have done or said nothing personal to him. Man I think I am done woth MOTUC. I don't spend hundreds of dollors a year, supporting the brand from another country to be spoken to like that in a fourm that invites questions of this nature. Also the photoshop was done by Alessandra not me.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    IF Frosta is yet to receive "toy" inspired gauntlets, a "shimmery" cape deco AND a shield, then that would all be fantastic!

I definitely hope she comes with another accessory. I would prefer a smaller "wand" if not some kind of "ice blast" attachment for her hand, but a shield would also be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1329117322

From this angle she looks fantastic IMO
    She reminds me of Jaclyn Smith...

She could really do with the added toy details that Emiliano's design show. Peticularly her arm gauntlets and her toy belt. That translucient cape would have been amazing. :-(
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Wow I tried to word that question really nicely. I don't get the reason for the sharp tone in his responce to my question. I have done or said nothing personal to him. Man I think I am done woth MOTUC. I don't spend hundreds of dollors a year, supporting the brand from another country to be spoken to like that in a fourm that invites questions of this nature. Also the photoshop was done by Alessandra not me.
    I didn't realize that was you, Angel-T. When I saw his answer that immediately inflamed me. Something really has to be done, frankly. Answers like that don't help this line at all, and it'd be in Scott's best interest to remember that even though he's a fan of the line, he should be first and foremost an ambassador to Mattel's customers. I don't think he could hurt fan relations more if he tried at times.

On the topic of the cape, that pearlized shimmer effect would be a fantastic idea. Especially if they lightened the blue a bit to make it more of a light blue. Those two things could really help make this figure pop (Pun intended )
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

The guy is entitled to have a bad day like everyone else. Not that it's an excuse but after all the negativity before and after the reveals I almost can't blame him.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Wow. I've missed a fair bit of what's happened here.

I'm honestly not fussed by the proto of Frosta, and glad she has a differently sculpted face. She kinda reminds me of Sophie Monk...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

The guy is entitled to have a bad day like everyone else. Not that it's an excuse but after all the negativity before and after the reveals I almost can't blame him.
    The problem is this type of answer happens way too often. While I agree that these "bad days" in his responses tend to happen when there is a problem or issue, the mark of a true professional is that his personal frustration over any negative critique is invisible to the client and no where present in his responses. Simply put, customers don't deserve that kind of treatment and it happens too frequently to be chalked up as a "bad day".

As the Brand Manager he is responsible for building relationships with the customers, and delivering on world class service. Does the answer of "not my problem" and an urge them to do what should be his responsibility indicate high end customer service? I have to answer that with a resounding "NO!"

If I had given him attitude in my post then fair enough. But I didn't.....I spoke respespectfully and I got a sarcastic tone in his responce. People do have bad days. But he isn't just another person, he is the brand manager it's Poor PR on his part.

This is true, on my part I just read it how it was. He does not influence the design, the 4H do. Their website is a viable (and direct) way to communicate one's desires to them (again, directly). I was not offended as a customer or as a person.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Here's the Brand Managers reply on this issue:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/2481008147

Unreal. The person who posed this question did it in a respectful and courteous manner. This type of "not my problem" response is what the customer is provided???

So I guess it's the customers that have to do HIS JOB in communicating with the 4 Horseman regarding our feedback.
    WTH!?!?! That is a horrible response. Whether TG wants to admit it or not...he's the "go-to" guy here...the 4 Horsemen are just sub contracted to sculpt these. They are NOT the ones to be answering questions. A simple, "The 4H do the deco but we'll send this suggestion onto them." or...stick by them! "The 4H do the deco and we're happy with the way she turned out."

This just makes it feel that TG himself doesn't like the look and is disappointed with them so he's just pushing the hate mail onto them. Poor poor POOR management.

My feelings towards TG flip-flop more than footwear on the beach....but I take each scenario separately. Certain things I give him slack on because I think he's doing a good job...and then he'll do something like this.

I'm guessing he probably won't stick by Geoff Johns either...and just say, "Talk to him, it was his design." Sorry TG...but Mattel needs to sign off on them.

If I had given him attitude in my post then fair enough. But I didn't.....I spoke respespectfully and I got a sarcastic tone in his responce. People do have bad days. But he isn't just another person, he is the brand manager it's Poor PR on his part.
    Angel-T, you have every right to be offended by that answer. It's dismissive at best. Frankly, I've grow weary of people giving him a pass over these types of responses. He certainly enjoys the perks of his job (making characters he wants to see,shaping the canon of the line, traveling to all the different conventions, and getting his likeness sculpted into a figure), so he has to accept the work that comes with it. That work entails not just enjoying the perks, but addressing customer concerns in a professional way.

bcrduke: Thanks the the info.

*crossing fingers Frosta gets those toy line elements added in*

Has anyone else noticed that one of the Frosta face pics is really blown up and kinda magnified, looking larger than (and sloppier than) the product would actually look? Then there are some that show the entire figure and her facial features look great.

I'm not trying to be a downer on the hate parade (ok, I kind of am ) but has anyone else noticed that? Almost like how some of the pics of Starla looked awful, but then some from that same show looked good.

Just an observation, do with it what you will.
    Last edited by slackrguy; February 13, 2012 at 11:33am.

ugh, I really hope they don't add toy elements to Frosta.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Like this slakrguy? I have to agree with you. The blown up pic of Frosta's face is taken from a bad angle and has a rushed paint job. From this view she looks much better.

What they should have done is show us an unpainted prototype, just as they did when we first saw Teela.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Like this slakrguy? I have to agree with you. The blown up pic of Frosta's face is taken from a bad angle and has a rushed paint job. From this view she looks much better.

What they should have done is show us an unpainted prototype, just as they did when we first saw Teela.
    Exactly like that danielsan52, thank you for adding an illustration. Even with the rushed paint job (which is going to be cleaned up) she still looks great.

That's a clever thought about unpainted protoypes being the way to go in the future, a teaser or w.i.p. instead of a reveal. It would get people's imaginations going while giving them a sample of what is to come.

That pic looks amazing. There are no touch ups on this pic?
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    That pic looks amazing. There are no touch ups on this pic?
    I love how Horde Prime is lingering in the background!