Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    wow, your easily pleased
    no, I'm not !!! I just like to see a more rougher and realistic approach over the smooth and stylized look.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Change her fringe too. In Filmation she have it really short.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastAttak View Post
    I played around in photoshop..

NECA Lilah figure from Jonah Hex movie line with a lot of customisation would be pretty close to my perfect Frosta.. Best thing is that they made her "skirt" from milky translucent rubbery plastic to simulate translucent silky material.. And details! And proportions!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/967...aphotoshop.jpg
    THIS

This is the "Modern She-Ra Look"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done! I can see this kind of a look selling BIG at retail. U Have She-Ra + the gothy, fairy, look for Monster High & Sexiness!!

PERFECT modern look for She-Ra & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    wow, great job man,..thats awesome.. looks so damn legit
    http://eamonart.com/Forum%20Images/FrostaE.jpg
    Agreed, this manip is perfect, for motuc style. I hope she is adjusted to look more like this.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/967...aphotoshop.jpg
    But holy crap, this is amazing!
    Last edited by MILK-MAN; February 16, 2012 at 10:00pm.

I saw a pic from Toy Fair, and her bracelets DO have the vintage toy edging!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

Which site has that pic? At actionfigurepics.com, the photos indicate a slight "edge" on the right gauntlet, but I can't see any kind of detail in the left gauntlet.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2012...-sir-laser-lot

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/v/ev...1280_.jpg.html

I guess I'm a shady liar again.

Someone here took a pic. I will leave it up to that person to post it, as it is not my pic to post.

BUT, trust me, ok? It's not slight. It's just not shown well in the pics we've seen. It's there and well-defined. It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    ^^^^

Which site has that pic? At actionfigurepics.com, the photos indicate a slight "edge" on the right gauntlet, but I can't see any kind of detail in the left gauntlet.

A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Someone forward the Eamon manip to the 4H right now because without any resculpting of the head it is PERFECTION! Just do that and give the cape a translucent effect along with the shield and we have a winner. Also glad she looks to have the Teela hips and not the BG Teela hips!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Not at all. I was just interested in seeing the picture because I didn't notice any detailing on the gauntlets in any other pictures of Frosta that I've seen. I apologise if the post came across otherwise.

I'm VERY glad to hear that the gauntlets do have some original toy inspired detailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Someone here took a pic. I will leave it up to that person to post it, as it is not my pic to post.

BUT, trust me, ok? It's not slight. It's just not shown well in the pics we've seen. It's there and well-defined. It looks great.
    Brian is total right, not that I doubted him, if you look at the photos that Haephestus posted you can see the ridges. Its not super clear, but you can see shadow from the indentation on the right gauntlet and on the left you can clearly see a point that sticking out away from the arm.

Very cool! (pun intended)

I hope we see some clear photos soon, surly dozens if not hundreds of photos were taken of Frosta during Toy Fair.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Add me to the list of people that want her to have a shimmery translucent cape. Something like Jewelstar's cape, but frostier.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Add me to the list of people that want her to have a shimmery translucent cape. Something like Jewelstar's cape, but frostier.
    I'd like her cape to be somewhat translucent as well.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    THIS

This is the "Modern She-Ra Look"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done! I can see this kind of a look selling BIG at retail. U Have She-Ra + the gothy, fairy, look for Monster High & Sexiness!!

PERFECT modern look for She-Ra & Co.
    Thanks, man!
    This is what I thought MOTUC should be... Mix of all previous incarnations of character, but done as realistically as possible with details in their clothing, textures (scales, rough skin, leather...) and detailed paint we see in modern "adult" NECA/McF figures... I wouldn't even mind excessive part recycling if they looked better than they look now... And it would reel in new casual buyers who would buy just because they liked sculpt and could mix these figures with other modern figure lines...

Of course, this is my preference, and I'm not bashing MOTUC, just to be clear...

Quote Originally Posted by MILK-MAN View Post
    Thanks! Glad you guys liked my manip!
    Last edited by BlastAttak; February 17, 2012 at 12:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

Am I mistaken, or did the classic toy have Frosta wearing just gauntlets, and not gloves? I think that's one of the details on this MOTUC figure that doesn't look quite right to me- I seem to remember Frosta not wearing gloves (did she wear them in Filmation, and that's why this figure has "gloves"?).

The shimmery cape would be very cool!

That custom/mock-up based on the Jonah Hex Lelah figure is awesome! I would buy that in a heartbeat!

I'm really interested to see how Frosta turns out. I'm very confident that she'll look good with the final paint work on the face, but the staff seems to large and unwieldy. I know she needs a wand of some kind, but I think I'd be happy if she came with a ice sword! Something similar to the MAA short sword, but with a translucent blue blade!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Catra's Wrath posted this photo of Frosta's gauntlets over on the Matty boards.

Photobucket

Although I'm not a "fan" of the toy POP designs I do like these gauntlets and am glad to see the 4H used them. Now just tweak her face paint and Frosta will be be perfect, well perfect without an ice weapon.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

Although I'm not a "fan" of the toy POP designs I do like these gauntlets and am glad to see the 4H used them. Now just tweak her face paint and Frosta will be be perfect, well perfect without an ice weapon.

oh I really like that! it adds something cool to her armor
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Wonderful! I'm very happy to see that! Props for the details!!! Any chance there's detail on the boots that we can't see either?

I'd like the translucent cape too as others have suggested--but that's not as important to me as getting the face right or going with the snowflake wand over the campy fan.

I'd also be down with a slightly translucent cape.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Am I mistaken, or did the classic toy have Frosta wearing just gauntlets, and not gloves? I think that's one of the details on this MOTUC figure that doesn't look quite right to me- I seem to remember Frosta not wearing gloves (did she wear them in Filmation, and that's why this figure has "gloves"?).
    You are correct. The vintage toy of Frosta only had gauntlets. The Filmation version had her with straight out gloves. The MOTUC version combines the two - giving us the best of both worlds.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I really like the addition of the gauntlets. Is it just me or does Frosta have a little bit of "extra" detail on her bust?

The more i look at her and all that reveals like the newest with the gauntlet, i guess she was a very last minute addition.

I´m sure they improve her and make her the best they can and since they already use translucent plastic for her staff, they can add more, as they did with Catras weapons.

A more snow glistening effect on her cape would be great!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Niki; February 17, 2012 at 05:15pm.

Interesting....

That's a portion of the photo I was taking about.

Hmm... Very very interesting.

a glittery blue translucent cape would make her perfect, plus narrower brows and eyeliner.

Is that photo with the gauntlets for real? How did everyone miss that originally? It is a great addition, I really liked that detail on the original toy.

The cape idea is great also, but that staff is such a turn off (so huge). The snowflake one was used for the Polly Pocket thing, so I was sure they would have incorporated it. It is a superior design.