Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Oh so they did the more toy style gauntlets- that slightly backs up the spoiler I posted further.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oooo...I'm so happy she has the toy bracelets! Now, if she can get both her toy wand and Licensing Kit snowflake wand, she will pretty much be the perfect Frosta.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Glad the issue of the Bracers are verified. Hard to see them cause most shots were of the front. But as The Four Horsemen. She was just painted for the show. So I''m sure that she will have a a translucent cape. Cause they do have very similar ideas on how they want the figures as Emiliano does.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Oh so they did the more toy style gauntlets- that slightly backs up the spoiler I posted further.
    You mean the one you posted after I'd already been hinting, for a couple of weeks, that she'd be coming and would have a combo design?

If Clamp Champ and Snake Face come this year, I'll give you props. Until then, I will reserve judgment.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    It's great to see that Frosta has the toy details in the gauntlets. While it is a fairly minor detail, it really helps add some "wow factor" to the figure.

I'm also hopeful that the cape will resemble Jewelstar's "shimmery" style of cape. I think that will help add a wintery element to Frosta.

I'm loving Frosta's toy inspired gauntlets they look great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You mean the one you posted after I'd already been hinting, for a couple of weeks, that she'd be coming and would have a combo design?

If Clamp Champ and Snake Face come this year, I'll give you props. Until then, I will reserve judgment.
    I don't care who said what or where or how or whatever I meant more so to substantiate the fact that the 4 or 5 people calling me a lie-or did so prematurely- I already said before I in no way was trying to one up you Duke as I like you and think you're a good guy.

I wouldn't want a translucent cape, I like the solid colour one. But I would much prefer the snowflake staff, shame we cant get both staff headpieces that are interchangeable.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I don't want a translucent cape either but I would like some gloss effect like Jewelstar has on Frosta's cape. I'd still like a translucent She-Ra shield though. I can't wait to see a more polished final version of Frosta and I'm looking forward to reading her bio also.

No translucent cape for me either. But I agree some shimmer would look great.

Pleased about the gauntlets.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Heroic Warrior
    I have a billion pics of Frosta if interested. Front, back, all around.

You're welcome, Duke :-)

Catra's Wrath might have taken the pic from the same angle or gotten it from someone who did take it take way. That would be my guess....more than one person can take a good pic :-)

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I have a billion pics of Frosta if interested. Front, back, all around.

You're welcome, Duke :-)

Catra's Wrath might have taken the pic from the same angle or gotten it from someone who did take it take way. That would be my guess....more than one person can take a good pic :-)

I'd love to see any and all pictures of Frosta
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I don't care who said what or where or how or whatever I meant more so to substantiate the fact that the 4 or 5 people calling me a lie-or did so prematurely
    That number is even more underestimated than TG's amount of .org members.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oooo...I'm so happy she has the toy bracelets! Now, if she can get both her toy wand and Licensing Kit snowflake wand, she will pretty much be the perfect Frosta.
    I'm right there with you on everything (although I would have loved one open hand), but I am really happy about the bracelets.
    Last edited by Jo-Ro; February 18, 2012 at 09:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd like to see her cape (opaque clear at the tips (like frost) then progessively transition into the blue until it's solid at the top.

I'd like to see that technique done on her belt.

Her face paint HAS GOT to change and become more natural and less whoreish. I like the head sculpt but it is ruined by that paint.

Everything else i think should stay as is.

Sooooooo cool we are getting FROSTA!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I'd like to see her cape (opaque clear at the tips (like frost) then progessively transition into the blue until it's solid at the top.

I'd like to see that technique done on her belt.

Her face paint HAS GOT to change and become more natural and less whoreish. I like the head sculpt but it is ruined by that paint.

Everything else i think should stay as is.

Sooooooo cool we are getting FROSTA!!!!
    Best hair of the girls...insanely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Best hair of the girls...insanely accurate.
    Yeah I agree.

Others would have liked to see her with the more "flowing" hair. I just don't think it would have fit her character.

I just really hope they go with the opaque clear at the bottom of the cape and progressing into the blue...it would add some texture to her. The shape of the cape looks great too!!

Someone posted a picture of the Filmation Frosta next to the reveal and the sculpt is seriously just like the Filmation version. The 4H did an amazing job! Her mouth looks just like the cartoon. The eyeliner is a little heavy. That'd be my only criticism.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Not sure what I did here is even right but Frosta has a distingtively eastern european heart shaped face with a small chin, thin upper lip and fuller lower lip.

http://eamonart.com/Forum%20Images/FrostaE.jpg

If Frosta looks like this, I'd be ecstatic. Frosta and Mermista were the two PoP characters I always liked. I'm sure the eyes will look much nicer with a better paint job but I am worried about those lips.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    That number is even more underestimated than TG's amount of .org members.

I'm right there with you on everything (although I would have loved one open hand), but I am really happy about the bracelets.
    Provide me with some proof of that...seeing how it's been the SAME 5 people...

LOVE that she has a different face-sculpt than all the other MOTUC ladies; they really all were starting to look alike. Yes she has too much make-up at the moment but I'm confident that will be toned down on the final figure...and besides, all the good girls can't be ALL good! I love the boots and Filmation look, and I'm thrilled to see that she may actually have some good-sized breasts--something that has thus far been lacking in the warrior-women. But her wand is TOO big so I hope that gets toned down for the final figure...but even if it doesn't I can't wait to add her to the ranks!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    LOVE that she has a different face-sculpt than all the other MOTUC ladies; they really all were starting to look alike. Yes she has too much make-up at the moment but I'm confident that will be toned down on the final figure...and besides, all the good girls can't be ALL good! I love the boots and Filmation look, and I'm thrilled to see that she may actually have some good-sized breasts--something that has thus far been lacking in the warrior-women. But her wand is TOO big so I hope that gets toned down for the final figure...but even if it doesn't I can't wait to add her to the ranks!
    Wouldn't a lady of her buxom stature need to work with a big wand though to get the proper satisfaction- as far as successful spell casting goes?

In the future I hope that Mattel considers modeling the face sculpts of the Pop characters after the Filmation cartoon. I think that they all looked beautiful and had very unique facial features that set them apart. Except for Angella and Glimmer, but they are mother and daughter.

After seeing the new pics on the home page, I am really loving Frosta. I think she looks purrrr-fect. I can't wait to add her to my display.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I still want a variant classics style frosta head. I don't like the new style which looks nothing like the classics. If we get 2 versions we can make everyone happy new or classics style. This new face just looks like she had too much surgery done. I don't like it at all.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    CW's pic is the first I've seen that shows the ridges. That's just about the perfect compromise there; you can interpret them more as bracers like the toy or stylized versions of the cartoon gloves. Very well done.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman