Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Frosta would make an excellent figure for December 2010, what with the snow/ice connection and the holiday season.

That said, if She-Ra comes out in the summer, I wouldn't expect any other female figures in between.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree, or January 2011.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Like the character but there are other POP girls i want before Frosta.
    Castaspella
    Mermista
    Peek-A-Blue
    Catra
    Entrapta
    Shadow Weaver ( Hey i can wish can't i)
    Octavia ( See Above ^)
    Scorpia ( See Above ^)

After getting these i'd welcome Frosta.

I am not much into She-Ra, but I would dig a Frosta figure. I'd also buy Shadow Weaver, Catra, She-Ra, Glimmer and Mermista. Oh, and Bow, but I doubt he gets made.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Heroic Warrior

I cant stand POP

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Hi!

I just really like FROSTA. But I haven't noticed any threads about her. Are any other fans out there ready to see her join the MOTUC?

There's something about her character design that suggests to me that she will be very popular when released.

1. Is she on YOUR wish list for next year?

2. Should she be released earlier than many of the other POP's?

3. Do you think that non-POP fans will embrace a figure of her?

4. How do you rate her popularity among the list of unannounced characters, altogether?

5. Any opinions about cool updates for her styling or her weaponry?

6. Hot for a Frosta figure, or does she leave you COLD???

I cannot stad POP figures - they should not be a part of this line, IMO. This is MOTUC not POPC - and if they are going to make these figures they should make a POPC line for the MattyCollector.com website.

There's no reason why MOTU collectors who buy a subscription should be forced into accepting POP figures just because the two lines are related. I could care less about She-Ra being He-Man's sister. The Horde is a cross over which is fine and can be sold on both sides, but anything beyond that I dont want.

My subscription Adora will be going on Ebay the moment she arrives - I think the figure looks horrible anyway. Almost as if she's wearing granny panties - its just a terrible sculpt and to me a very uninteresting figure to say the least. There's so many MOTU charachters they should be focusing on first like SPIKOR - JITSU etc...

I find it some what insulting that Matty assumes its ok to do this based on he premise that all or most MOTU collectors are interested in POP toys. To me it is NOT ok for them to slip these into the monthly subscriptions. It needs to be its own line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer8878 View Post
    I cannot stad POP figures - they should not be a part of this line, IMO.
    Like it or not, POP is a part of MOTU. I don't understand why all the hate for it. NA, POP and 200X are all part of the MOTU brand.

With that said, Frosta is my most wanted figure from the POP line, so bring her on!

Heroic Warrior
    I cannot stad POP figures - they should not be a part of this line, IMO. This is MOTUC not POPC - and if they are going to make these figures they should make a POPC line for the MattyCollector.com website.

There's no reason why MOTU collectors who buy a subscription should be forced into accepting POP figures just because the two lines are related. I could care less about She-Ra being He-Man's sister. The Horde is a cross over which is fine and can be sold on both sides, but anything beyond that I dont want.

My subscription Adora will be going on Ebay the moment she arrives - I think the figure looks horrible anyway. Almost as if she's wearing granny panties - its just a terrible sculpt and to me a very uninteresting figure to say the least. There's so many MOTU charachters they should be focusing on first like SPIKOR - JITSU etc...

I find it some what insulting that Matty assumes its ok to do this based on he premise that all or most MOTU collectors are interested in POP toys. To me it is NOT ok for them to slip these into the monthly subscriptions. It needs to be its own line.
    Why are you posting this in this thread? Contact Mattel and see if they care.

Heroic Warrior
    lol - did I upset someone? Boo Hoo - BTW MOTU stands for Masters Of The Univers NOT Princess of Power - it should be its own seperate line, IMO

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would LOVE it if they did a Frosta figure this coming year.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I find it somewhat insulting that Matty assumes it's OK to do this based on the premise that all or most MOTU collectors are interested in POP toys. To me it is not OK for them to slip these into the monthly subscriptions. It needs to be its own line.
    I like POP just fine, but I see why its inclusion in MOTU would annoy some people. After all, it is an entirely different brand. A related brand, yes, but still different. Even the original toylines were vastly different; one was clearly geared for boys and one for girls. The biggest similarity the POP and MOTU have is the Filmation shows, and IMHO that's not enough to warrant many POP characters in this line. She-Ra makes sense because she's such an uber-popular character, but I don't see many MOTUC fans getting all excited about Angella or Glimmer.

I guess what I am saying is, yeah, POP should have its own line. After all, I am sure there are POP fans who don't want a lot of MOTU figures, too.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

lol - did I upset someone? Boo Hoo - BTW MOTU stands for Masters Of The Univers NOT Princess of Power - it should be its own seperate line, IMO
    MotUC has been described from the beginning as incorporating ALL previous lines, including POP and NA.

It's certainly within your rights to dislike them, but let's please not go down the road of what should and shouldn't be included under the MotUC banner again.

Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    I like POP just fine, but I see why its inclusion in MOTU would annoy some people. After all, it is an entirely different brand. A related brand, yes, but still different. Even the original toylines were vastly different; one was clearly geared for boys and one for girls. The biggest similarity the POP and MOTU have is the Filmation shows, and IMHO that's not enough to warrant many POP characters in this line. She-Ra makes sense because she's such an uber-popular character, but I don't see many MOTUC fans getting all excited about Angella or Glimmer.

I guess what I am saying is, yeah, POP should have its own line. After all, I am sure there are POP fans who don't want a lot of MOTU figures, too.
    AMEN - everybody should get what they want, they just shouldnt force POP figures on MOTU collectors as the two are most definitely different toy lines despite their cannon relation.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    MotUC has been described from the beginning as incorporating ALL previous lines, including POP and NA.

It's certainly within your rights to dislike them, but let's please not go down the road of what should and shouldn't be included under the MotUC banner again.

Thanks!
    Thank you I was just about to say that. I mean after a year already why would anyone still have a complaint about this.

Heroic Warrior
    did you? though you do seem to be trying to...but if you mean me sorry no, I was asking why you are ranting about something off-topic instead of making a thread for it or searching for one that already exists. i'd comment further about your opinion but this isn't the thread for that.

on topic, Frosta was one character I wasn't that big a fan of because she wasn't used all that much in the cartoon and i didn't have her figure but now? I'm really loving her, might have to try and get an animation cel of her!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Thank you I was just about to say that. I mean after a year already why would anyone still have a complaint about this.
    What are you talking about "after a year" - there hasnt been any POP introduced in 2009 and I am being forced into buying a figure I dont want in 2010 all becaues Matty cant handle the order process and I want a guarentee on my MOTU figures. How is that ok?

What are you talking about "after a year" - there hasnt been any POP introduced in 2009 and I am being forced into buying a figure I dont want in 2010 all becaues Matty cant handle the order process and I want a guarentee on my MOTU figures. How is that ok?
    You were warned when the line started and before you decided to get the 2010 sub. Along with all the WTFWK discussions POP generally had a question in there somewhere and an answer was provided. So to continue ******** about something that you know won't change is pointless.

It has been a year since the line was announced and Mattel has consistently said that POP and NA characters will be a part of it from the beginning. Plus, Adora was announced as the January figure when the subscription was offered.

But that's all still very off topic and has nothing really to do with Frosta.
    Let's keep this about who does and does not want Frosta next year.
    I'll put Jer8878 down as a "no".
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    did you? though you do seem to be trying to...but if you mean me sorry no, I was asking why you are ranting about something off-topic instead of making a thread for it or searching for one that already exists. i'd comment further about your opinion but this isn't the thread for that.

on topic, Frosta was one character I wasn't that big a fan of because she wasn't used all that much in the cartoon and i didn't have her figure but now? I'm really loving her, might have to try and get an animation cel of her!
    With all due respect it is not off topic as I am obviously not looking forward to having anymore POP figures forced on me through subscription - its a valid complaint even if you dont agree.

Heroic Warrior
    With all due respect it is not off topic as I am obviously not looking forward to having anymore POP figures forced on me through subscription - its a valid complaint even if you dont agree.
    The thread is "who is excited about Frosta in 2010", if you said "I'm not excited about Frosta I don't like her or I want Champ-Clamp before her" you'd be on topic. Talking about the general issue you have with PoP being included in MOTUC and the subscription isn't valid to the present discussion. It's a whole other thing, and I didn't agree or disagree because this is a thread about Frosta. Make a thread or dig up and old one and I'll be happy to discuss it.

And I'd have to say Frosta is easily the hottest (get the pun?) PoP character there is, she'd be a great figure to be able to get soon.

Frosta isnt one of my favorite PoP girls (I love Peekablue, Netossa, Spinnerella, Mermista and Angella) but I understand her popularity and appeal and will definitely welcome her into my collection.

I do think 3 PoP figures for 2010 isnt asking too much...especially since they want to spread out the line and 2010 is the 25th anniversary of PoP. So Catra or Frosta would be good choices for the third, IMO.

Frosta is definitely on my top 10 most wanted figure list. She is sexy, sassy, and just has a great character design. Plus blue is my favorite color. Her connection/relationship with He-man makes me want her that much more. Besides Catra and Shadow Weaver she is my third most wanted Pop character. I have a feeling we will get her early in 2011.

Sorry I know this is off topic but does anyone recall how many POP figures are slated to be released a year?

we were never really told a certain number, I think all they said was at least one. Probably depends on how well Adora and She-Ra do...which makes me nervous considering Adora was put out first, I'm sure she will sell well but not as well as She-Ra would have done. But I guess the real test is how well will the first non-Adora/She-Ra PoP figure sell.

Frosta has a very cool design, I am looking forward to seeing her in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    It has been a year since the line was announced and Mattel has consistently said that POP and NA characters will be a part of it from the beginning.
    There's no point guitargod!

Even if people acknowledge that fact, it won't stop them trolling PoP & NA threads.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    we were never really told a certain number, I think all they said was at least one. Probably depends on how well Adora and She-Ra do...which makes me nervous considering Adora was put out first, I'm sure she will sell well but not as well as She-Ra would have done. But I guess the real test is how well will the first non-Adora/She-Ra PoP figure sell.
    If they would have put She-Ra out first then Adora would probably have sold less. It's a smart marketing move to put her out first. I;m pretty sure that Adora will sell out. She-Ra even faster and then my guess for the next POP figures are Catra and Frosta. And they will both be awesome!