Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Basically - people screamed at how horrible the proto was to them, and now they are screaming they wish it looked more like the proto.

It's art, take it or leave it, IMO. Personally, I dislike the translucent hair and will probably paint it (even though I have no artistic ability, I think I can handle it). But she's a fine figure - the old face was OK, this face is OK. /shrug

I haven't seen that to be the case at all. The proto was worse. This is a bit better, but still not what many Frosta fans are wanting.

She is going to be scrutinized greatly due to her popularity as a character. I know for my part I was hoping for a face much closer to Filmation. This doesn't look like the horsemen's usual A+ work to me. But I certainly don't want to regress back to the prototype. Nor have I seen a single person say that either.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I haven't seen that to be the case at all. The proto was worse. This is a bit better, but still not what many Frosta fans are wanting.

She is going to be scrutinized greatly due to her popularity as a character. I know for my part I was hoping for a face much closer to Filmation. This doesn't look like the horsemen's usual A+ work to me. But I certainly don't want to regress back to the prototype. Nor have I seen a single person say that either.
    Scroll back a few posts...

"The prototype was a 1000 times better ..."

And others have compared liking one thing better on the proto or the other.

Regardless, for the very reason you state, it's a big figure so it will have divisive reactions by fans, as every fan has their own wish of how she should look. We've gone through this with countless figures now.

Back in the old days, you went to the toy store, you saw a figure, you bought it - or not. Now we all try to micromanage every feature to our individual liking, and 4H would have to practically sculpt a new one individually for everyone to meet all expectations.

We are getting a true female Great Rebellion member, aside from She-ra/Adora - FINALLY! I think she looks great both ways. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the translucent hair, but that can be fixed. No matter what they do for any figure, no one will be entirely happy - especially with one as wanted as this.

Just my opinion.

The proto was hideous! This one is much better, however her lips and jaw line look off. I guess people are picky when it comes to this character because she should be one of the most attractive females in this line. I will be repainting some of the face details when I get her as I have with all of the female figures in this line. I do agree that the grey needs to go away.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Frosta's Bio Transcribed by Starshine:

Frosta
    Ice Empress of Etheria

The beautiful and exotic friend of She-Ra, Mackenzie is queen of the kingdom of Snows, high in the mountains of Etheria. She possesses a magic wand that whistles like the wind and lets her conjure ice spells and freezing rain against her enemies. This power has given her a reputation as the Ice-Empress of Etheria, although she prefers being called Frosta by her friends. Wish the exception of her magic powers, she is otherwise a normal human females. She is sweet kind and loyal to her allies. Together with She-Ra and other memebers of the Great Rebellion, she traveled through a Laser Gate into Eternia joining with the Renegade Masters of the Universe in the continued fight against Hordak's tyranny! Frosta freezes her enemies with her magic spells.

So she's a queen, is only an Empress by reputation, has a bimbo name, is a normal human female (not just a normal human) remember she's a girl folks!, she's sweet....... Did they let the Barbie writers come up with this bio?

Shame they didn't go with the story of her original mini-comic where her powers came from her cape, that was a cool story.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Basically - people screamed at how horrible the proto was to them, and now they are screaming they wish it looked more like the proto.

If you are going to quote me do it right, man, I wasn't one of the people that screamed bloody murder in order to have the face changed. I liked the prototype right from the start and I think her face is completely messed up now. Same goes for the colours and the hair.

From a few pages back:

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    She looks a million times better than the horrible Filmation Frosta. Now thāt was an ugly face.
    I fully agree, Starla and Adora (and maybe even Tallstar) were very nice too, but as female MOTUC heads go Frosta's the most sexy and feminine to date.
    I don't know, the right one looks too polished, like all the character and expression has been taken out of the face. The prototype looks like a person to me, while the manipulation makes her into a doll (well, of course she is a doll, but you know what I mean).
    THIS !!! I love the way how Fisto, Tri-Klops and Icarius have more rougher features then the other figures who are smoother and more stylized. It was great to see that this has now caught on to the females as wel. Frosta feels like a person while the manipulations try to force her into a run-of-the-mill doll-face again.
    darn it, I thought they said the paint job was a rough one, they are going to redo the headsculpt as well ? ... such a shame, I really liked this one.

Any chance that they might do two heads, this one and a more Filmation accurate one ?

And if not, I hope they can still put it to good use later on. Who's in for Slutterina, the Eternian tavern wench ?
    nope, still love what I saw at Toy Fair way better than all those manipulations combined
    I just like to see a more rougher and realistic approach over the smooth and stylized look.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think the olnly thing I'd change would be the color of her eye brows. Them matching the hair isn't doing it for me.

Any photoshop wizards care to do a mock-up with black (or darker shade of what they are) eyebrows? Pretty please with a cherry on top
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I think the olnly thing I'd change would be the color of her eye brows. Them matching the hair isn't doing it for me.

Any photoshop wizards care to do a mock-up with black (or darker shade of what they are) eyebrows? Pretty please with a cherry on top
    Here you go

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Thank you, Crusader!

It looks really good!

Oh snap! There's a cherry too
    Last edited by slackrguy; July 15, 2012 at 07:51am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

That doesn't mean the proto didn't have major problems, or that the latest doesn't have different problems that weren't there before (and unfortunately, some that were are are just hidden). That there's art involved isn't an excuse, especially with commercial art that has a customer as this does. There may be a lot of competing preferences among the customers, but satisfying the lowest standards with a badly sculpted face isn't particularly good practice.

Just my opinion.

I think she looks lovely and I really like the quality the translucent hair brings her. I think of it as adding a cool shimmer and life to the hair more than it meaning she has hair made of ice or something. To me, it's still hair.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Oh snap! There's a cherry too
    I aim to please

Why does the Frosta in Scott's video teasers look different and better than both the the Toy Fair and the SDCC Frosta's? The face on his looked better, and the hair was only translucent on the bottom. Mind you, I like the translucent hair, but why are there two different versions floating around?

to me her face looks better, I like the ice hair, cool touch IMO. She is one of a few PoP figs that I like, My biggest complaint is that the new PoP girl Netossa? She is the same color scheme as Frosta... that's a poor choice.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Why does the Frosta in Scott's video teasers look different and better than both the the Toy Fair and the SDCC Frosta's? The face on his looked better, and the hair was only translucent on the bottom. Mind you, I like the translucent hair, but why are there two different versions floating around?
    Apparently the colours aren't final yet. Probably the reason why she has been delayed.

something that i will be never happy is with the female faces sculpt/paint app from motuc with one exception : Catra
    cmon look at the face of dc direct harley! thats amazing
    teelaīs face????
    sorcereīs face?
    Adoraīs Face??
    She-raīs Face??
    star sisters face??
    evil lynn maybe
    but the other ones.......
    cmon!!

motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

...well Harleys face is painted, completely covered in make up und she is wearing a mask on top of all of that, plus i think she is taller than MOTUC figures.

Here is the slide from Mattypalooza and there Frosta looked different again as she does on the pictures of the stand:

The hair sits lower in her face and itīs a beautiful face.

Regardless, for the very reason you state, it's a big figure so it will have divisive reactions by fans, as every fan has their own wish of how she should look. We've gone through this with countless figures now.

Back in the old days, you went to the toy store, you saw a figure, you bought it - or not. Now we all try to micromanage every feature to our individual liking, and 4H would have to practically sculpt a new one individually for everyone to meet all expectations.

We are getting a true female Great Rebellion member, aside from She-ra/Adora - FINALLY! I think she looks great both ways. Like I said, I'm not a fan of the translucent hair, but that can be fixed. No matter what they do for any figure, no one will be entirely happy - especially with one as wanted as this.

Just my opinion.
    lol I see it now, a page or so back.

But one person who (incorrectly) thinks the prototype is better does not = people screaming to have the prototype back. It just means one person has questionable taste in action figure faces. (IMO of course....)

But I do believe we both agreed on one thing, she will be closely scrutinized because she is one of the most wanted females! It's like euroko says! She should be one of the most attractive females in the line. Sadly, from what I can see from the pictures at hand, she is not. And she does not look like the beautiful Filmation Frosta face.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Pixel-Dan said that in his walkthrough video (not yet posted), Toyguru said Frosta's colours are not yet final!
    Lord almight, I sure hope so! C'mon Mattel - WHITE. I know you have it in your palette! Just white. Clean. Simple. W. H. I. T. E.

I'm really not in a good mood following the SDCC reveals. But I will reserve judgement on the hair until I see it in person. I totally agree that the cape being translucent would have been way, WAY cooler. The hair being that way just looks....strange. Ice head? Bah.

I need a Tylonol.

"otherwise a normal human female," yes, because I have a lot of normal human female friends with translucent hair. Lame decision. On the hair and the bio.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    "otherwise a normal human female," yes, because I have a lot of normal human female friends with translucent hair. Lame decision. On the hair and the bio.
    I'm just wondering... Other than the war with The Horde, did anything actually happen on Etheria before everyone hightailed it to Eternia?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm just wondering... Other than the war with The Horde, did anything actually happen on Etheria before everyone hightailed it to Eternia?
    I'm guessing they all just ran around braiding each other's hair and having tea parties--'cause, you know, in Mattel's eyes, and the eyes of most anti-POP fans that seems to be all the 'girlie' characters of the Great Rebellion were capable of whilst on Etheria.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I have a request for the Photoshop maestros, if you would be so kind. Would you take the SDCC photo of Frosta, and arrange it so you only see a portion of her upper teeth in her mouth, darkening out the rest? Basically, try to make her look like a normal person would with her mouth slightly open, and not one trying to pass a watermelon through her uterus. Thank you!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    ActionFigurePics has new photos up. This might be the best frontal shot of Frosta so far!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

She's purdy! I wonder if she carries that giant "wand" just to help keep her arms toned?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    The proto was hideous! This one is much better, however her lips and jaw line look off. I guess people are picky when it comes to this character because she should be one of the most attractive females in this line. I will be repainting some of the face details when I get her as I have with all of the female figures in this line. I do agree that the grey needs to go away.

I am not sure her jaw line is off so much as her face is not painted skin tone like the original. Another paint ap lost. That always affects the quality of the face.